Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Golf

Comments

• Options
    Out in mallorca at the moment. Highly recommend.to anyone fancying a cheap golf break.

am total gash as only been playing a year. Still, came in sub 90 (89) for the first time ever yesterday.

great game. Fookin hard but so rewarding
  • Options
    Off to Le Touquet and Hardelot for the weekend, haven't hit a ball for over a year. Anything less than total Pratt will be a result.
  • Options
    87 round Selsdon this afternoon. Horrible front 9, back home in 41 though, so better back 9. Pretty pleased - its quite a tough course.
  • Options

87 round Selsdon this afternoon. Horrible front 9, back home in 41 though, so better back 9. Pretty pleased - its quite a tough course.

Hate the second, always used to pay it as a par 5.
  • Options
    Anyone played at Coombe Wood?
  • Options
    Just played the #Footballerschallenge at The Addington today. Zola, Poyet (who was cursing Brighton a lot today), Beasant, Coppell, Speroni (on my table for dinner) and we played with Luther Blisset - who hits it quite a long way for an old man. Raising money for Bob Wilson's cancer charity. Ron Noades is currently battling lung cancer and is not in a good way. Lots of fun had and the footballers all seemed good fun, apart from Tony Cottee who appears to be a miserable git. Oh and I shot 29 points... so it was an average day for me...
  • Options
    Good golfing few days coming up. Celtic Manor 20-10 course on friday / Montgomerie on saturday, then Bletchingley on monday.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Hate the second, always used to pay it as a par 5.
    Me too. Poxy hole. DB today - left second short as always and put my pitch over the back of the green. Bastard raised green.
  • Options
    Played at Broome Park (dont know if anyone knows it - near Barham / Canterbury) yesterday, first time I picked up the clubs in about a year...

Had an up and down front nine with a lovely 250 yard drive on the 8th (could have eagled but really fluffed up my second / third / fourth (you get the picture lol!) shots - the second nine my lack of fitness on the course showed up and really struggled (loved every minute though)
  • Options
    Had to double take on Monday at Pedham as Robert Rock turned up at the range.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Good golfing few days coming up. Celtic Manor 20-10 course on friday / Montgomerie on saturday, then Bletchingley on monday.

I get confused with Celtic Manor now they've built the 2010 course - I've played there twice & not played the same 18 holes in a round. I first played there about 10 years ago and played the old "Championship" course (where the 2nd hole was a downhill par 5, overlooking the valley) and then played it again about 6 years ago and played the "members course" (Roman rd ?) and it ends with a par 4 to the clubhouse but certainly no lake ! very odd

• Options

Played at Broome Park (dont know if anyone knows it - near Barham / Canterbury) yesterday, first time I picked up the clubs in about a year...

Had an up and down front nine with a lovely 250 yard drive on the 8th (could have eagled but really fluffed up my second / third / fourth (you get the picture lol!) shots - the second nine my lack of fitness on the course showed up and really struggled (loved every minute though)

I've played Broome park quite a few times, and every time a different couple of holes spoil my card. I always remember the first time I played it - hit a lovely 3rd shot on the 18th, downhill lie, 6 iron over the pond to the centre of the green.

• Options
    I had planned to take the last few days off but work has scuppered that. Originally I was going to have a few days in Wales & play Tenby a few other links courses in S Wales, but then found that there is a great links course on Hayling island so then planned to play there & then get the ferry over to the Isle of Wight & play Sandown & Shanklin.

I may still take the afternoon off & drive down to Pompey-land & do a twilight round at Hayling Island.
  • Options

Played Pedham a few times over the years at various stages of it's development. Was quite tidy last time I played, thinking of becoming a member, what's your view on it?
  • Options
    Royal Blackheath tomorrow. Wet gear already in the bag.
  • Options
    Anyone played the Essex Golf and Country Club nr Colchester ?

@Swisdom @delroofer ?
  • Options

Played Pedham a few times over the years at various stages of it's development. Was quite tidy last time I played, thinking of becoming a member, what's your view on it?
    i like it but can understand its not everyones cup of tea.
    i let my membership go at woodlands because i wasnt playing regularly enough to make it worthwhile.
    joined pedham on a 'silver' membership deal.
    pay £99 per year and get a third of all green fees.
    you get to keep (or obtain) your official egu handicap, get 14 day advanced tee time booking and can enter comps but have to pay a green fee.
    theres a few other courses in the group that you can play at discounted rates as well.
  • Options
    Anyone played Betchworth? Seems excessively expensive so I haven't bothered with it yet even though it's pretty close to me. If it's a nice track I might treat myself
  • Options

@Swisdom @delroofer ?

Played there a few years ago and saw Matt Holland. A fair course.
  • Options
    Cheers, might be staying there in a couple of weeks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I've played Broome park quite a few times, and every time a different couple of holes spoil my card. I always remember the first time I played it - hit a lovely 3rd shot on the 18th, downhill lie, 6 iron over the pond to the centre of the green.

Agreed... Some holes I'll play a belter on (always beat my dad on the 6th / 7th / 8th) but the 9th for example I need to hire a bloody witch doctor to help me out.

Very nice course in the valley can leave you exhausted afterwards though dragging your trolley up and down the hills!!
  • Options
    Playing Foxhills in Surrey tomorrow on a golf day,has anyone played there?
  • Options
    Yeah. I played foxhills a couple of years back. Nice course and I didnt do it justicr.

Played coombe hill last week, greens were electric but what a course.
  • Options
    Played Sittingbourne and mid Kent in last couple of weeks. Both very enjoyable. Wrotham Heath this weekend. Good course though a couple of eccentric holes. Pedham a good test. Like a links course in the middle of the countryside
  • Options

@Swisdom @delroofer ?

Have not played it. Will be interested to hear comments about it.

Playing in Turkey next week. Friends rave about it and hope they are proved correct. Pines and Dunes courses.

• Options
    I'm happy to do a swap Del !
  • Options
    Let me think about it Dan.
  • Options

Playing Foxhills in Surrey tomorrow on a golf day,has anyone played there?

Kish, I think I commented on this thread a while back about Foxhills, but can't look back whilst typing now unfortunately.

The Longcross is one of my favourite courses ever. The Bernard Hunt is also decent but not in the same league for me.

Hope the weather holds for you.

• Options
    Looks like rain all day tomorrow red murph so fingers crossed! I will have a scan back for your comments on Foxhills
  • Options
    Kish, you're in a better place than me mate. I'm off on a cricket tour tomorrow, I've not played for 15 years. The drive up to Market Harborough should be fun with all that rain.

Come rain or shine you'll enjoy Foxhills. Top courses.