Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stevenage Away - sold out (ed. additional tickets on sale 12/10)

WSSWSS
edited October 2011 in General Charlton
;-)

Tickets for Charlton's visit to Stevenage on Saturday, October 15th (3pm), will go on restricted sale at 9am on MondayIn view of the anticipated demand and limited availability for a game that is almost a London derby, seats will initially be available only to five-year VIPs and Valley Gold season-ticket holders (one apiece) or season-ticket holders who have registered purchases for four away games this season, up to a maximum of those purchased for all four games. 

From Thursday, September 29th, eligibility will be extended to season-ticket holders who have purchased tickets for two away games this term (up to a maximum of those bought for both games), while Valley Gold season-ticket holders will also be able to buy an U18 or U11 place with their adult seat.

These two priorities are not expected to sell out, and from Tuesday, October 4th, all season-ticket holders and remaining Valley Gold members will be able to purchase one ticket apiece, while other fans who have bought tickets for four away games this season will be able to buy up to the maximum number they have purchased for all four games.

Any places left after that will go on general sale on Friday, October 7th.

Comments

• This is when i really regret buying tickets on the day at the likes of colchester and mk dons.
    Can i only prove my purchases by taking the stubs to the commercial centre?
  • shame, this was going to be my first game of the season
  • Pretty fair system to be honest giving priority to those who have trekked up and down the country.

Not done any aways yet this season and was looking forward to this.  Anyone know how many we are likely to get?
  • Fancy this one.
  • Fair system, haven't been away so far this season and if there's any left I'll get one when it comes to season ticket holders otherwise no complaints.
  • Fair system, haven't been away so far this season and if there's any left I'll get one when it comes to season ticket holders otherwise no complaints.
    agreed, regular away trippers deserve first refusal
  • edited September 2011
    Stevenages crowds only range between 3-4,000 with their highest attendance being around 4,500 for the Sheffield Wednesday game, this includes away fans so even if they hit 5,000 for this match then that leaves at least 2,000 available, does Airman know if Stevenage intend to make some money and extend our allocation if the demand is there ? 

I would imagine that this could possibly be perceived by Stevenage fans as their most eagerly anticipated home match of the season but I cant see them selling out, so even with segregation there must be scope to get another thousand at least
  • Stevenages crowds only range between 3-4,000 with their highest attendance being around 4,500 for the Sheffield Wednesday game, this includes away fans so even if they hit 5,000 for this match then that leaves at least 2,000 available, does Airman know if Stevenage intend to make some money and extend our allocation if the demand is there ? 

I would imagine that this could possibly be perceived by Stevenage fans as their most eagerly anticipated home match of the season but I cant see them selling out, so even with segregation there must be scope to get another thousand at least

To be honest, I dont see how they could segregate anything else. Away end is a whole stand behind the goal. When I was last there, it was a covered terrace alongside the pitch and small covered terrace behind the goal and main stand that doesnt look like it could be split.
  • edited September 2011
    Presume that means they'll be tickets available in the home end as well then if they sell them on general sale?
  • Sponsored links:

• Stevenages crowds only range between 3-4,000 with their highest attendance being around 4,500 for the Sheffield Wednesday game, this includes away fans so even if they hit 5,000 for this match then that leaves at least 2,000 available, does Airman know if Stevenage intend to make some money and extend our allocation if the demand is there ? 

To be honest, I dont see how they could segregate anything else. Away end is a whole stand behind the goal. When I was last there, it was a covered terrace alongside the pitch and small covered terrace behind the goal and main stand that doesnt look like it could be split.
    I only mean they will have to segregate if they give us some additional seating in other areas of the ground
  • High unlikely the police would allow any extra tickets, in my view.
    If the demand is there from cafc fans then that will open the door to away fans in home areas then, surely better to use a bit of common sense and do it properly.  
    If the demand is there from cafc fans then that will open the door to away fans in home areas then, surely better to use a bit of common sense and do it properly.  
    Or restrict the sale of home tickets to known home fans. Let's see what the demand is before we start demanding more of the ground.
  • Looks like a very fair way of shifting the tickets.
  • Didn't want to go anyway.
  • Not really any complaints, but I'm not a season ticket holder but have 4 stubs this season, can I get one?
  • If I can't get an away ticket I'll get a home one and enjoy watching our fans as well as our players.

Might have to go plain clothes though.

If they didnt give any more to Sheff Weds they wouldn't give us anymore
  • edited September 2011
    We don't know if the demand was there from Wednesday. They played Stevenage midweek and they didn't bring many down to ours for a Monday match
  • Sponsored links:

• im sure the demand would have been there, they have far better away support than us. £25 a ticket and a monday night game on sky the numbers they brought were good.
  • will we sell 1,400 anyway I ask myself. It will be close but I think tickets will reach general sale.
  • im sure the demand would have been there, they have far better away support than us. £25 a ticket and a monday night game on sky the numbers they brought were good.
    This, and I agree that they will reach general sale.
  • Will be getting mine today.
  • 2 tickets booked. going to be an expensive month with mk and sheff utd aswell as all the home games.
  • This is the only league ground that I have actually played on, so very much hoping to go.  Still have family in the area, so will be buying home tickets if can't get an away one as a ST holder.
  • This is where my away season ticket comes in handy these days
  • 2 tickets booked. going to be an expensive month with mk and sheff utd aswell as all the home games.
    Maybe you shouldn't go to Sheffield and save yourself a bit of money. Just thinking of you mate ;)
  • Seems the fairest way to distribute...mine sorted this morning...£32 including train.
    Maybe you shouldn't go to Sheffield and save yourself a bit of money. Just thinking of you mate ;)

Course you are mate cheers