Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic 1 - 0 Sheffield Wednesday Post Match Views

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Congratulations every time I hear of a new arrival it makes me smile and remember my own experience(s)...strangely I always remember that I missed a home game with Barnsley when my son was born, but eight months later I took him to the football for the first time....against Barnsley!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JVL[/cite]Well I missed the match due to being in the delivery room at Lewisham Hospital, while my other half (whom some of you might have noticed at the last Bromley Addicks sat next to me at the front looking exceedingly pregnant) gave birth. I was updating her from the match thread on here in between contractions, so thanks to the two excellent people posting the updates. Midwife looked a little baffled, but then she was a Cape Town Spurs supporter.

Five hours after the final whistle, George Philip Rufus Van Leer arrived. Marie ruled out Mendonca as a middle name, but she didn't notice I sneaked in the other scorer in the greatest game...

How come Francis is utter rubbish when I'm at a game, but gets rave reviews when I'm not?

Congrats, I was sitting next to you both at the front at bromley addicks
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Agree with pretty much everyone's comments. We sort of had 11 MOM's. Everyone played well & credit to parky for that, as he gets the flak when they play bad.

Elliot - Good game
    Francis - Excellent - HIS BEST GAME FOR CHARLTON
    Dailly - very good
    Doherty - very good - POSSIBLY HIS BEST GAME FOR CHARLTON
    Fry - very good - POSSIBLY HIS BEST GAME FOR CHARLTON
    Jackson - good BEST GAME FOR CHARLTON THIS SEASON
    Waggy - very good
    Semedo - very good
    Racon - Excellent BEST GAME FOR CHARLTON
    Benson - very good POSSIBLY HIS BEST GAME FOR CHARLTON (only missing a goal)
    Anyinsah - very good - BEST GAME FOR CHARLTON

To anyone criticising Parky for subbing Anyinsah I would like to point out that he appeared to be carrying a knock & even if he wasn't, as he has not played one full 90 min game this season and was clearly knackered, then Parky obviously did the right thing. Hopefully, Joe may be able to play on Tuesday thanks to Parky.

Parky confirmed that Anyinsah was subbed at home to Sheff W, because he was suffering from cramp. I wish some people would open their eyes and engage their brain before criticising decisions, which are pretty clear, if they weren't so eager to just have another pop at the Manager.

Looks like the correct decision to me as he played very well at Swindon. Well done Parky.
  • Options
    Sorry forgot to reply to this: "and also Curb_it (will she recall the story in the bottom bar of he Con Club after the game about the guy at Norwich away - you really couldn't have made it up)".

That was my first laugh out loud moment for a long time, standing at the bar after the game chatting to eltham and a few others reminicising about Norwich away a few years back on St Georges Day and then I brought up the subject of the nutter that stripped off and dived in the canal outside the Angler and who dislocated his shoulder. Those of you who were there that day would know who I mean. Next thing I hear a voice next to me say: "that really hurt"... how uncanny that the lad was waiting at the bar next to me and overhead my large gob!

One of those you had to be there i guess but it really tickled me, so much so ian told me to shut up as i was making too much noise.
  • Options
    you make too much noise B never.
  • Options
    I think he had a point then tho... it was a one off!
  • Options
    Curb-It, the lad you are talking about is also a member on CL ... so he may have 'heard' you again lol
  • Options
    Actually now I remember i think that has been mentioned by you before on here.

The whole thing made me laugh and saturday even more.
  • Options
    Just watched the highlights on the BBC website - sack the cameraman!

In case you've not seen it, he missed our 3rd goal.