Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic 1 - 0 Sheffield Wednesday Post Match Views

edited October 2010 in General Charlton
We are now looking in a bit better position again not sure from commentary how much we deserved it though i'd say we edged it.

Comments

• brilliant! one point off 2nd place!! this league is so close , well apart from runaway brighton!
  • We are Charlton, Super Charlton, Charlton Covered End!!!
  • edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]YEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats us three points and 2 points of second...

Solid boys solid....

Night
    [cite]Posted By: cafcinperth[/cite]Lovely 3 big Points

[cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]take that all day long well done boys welldone wagss welldone pp

[cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Well done Parky!
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: siblers[/cite]That was strangely calm and unnerving today, compared to most other Saturdays.

yeah there was an air of opium den about it ....
    [cite]Posted By: cafcinperth[/cite]after 7 goals conceded in the last 2 games clean sheet very welcome
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Great result. A 1-0 win will do everyone good, hopefully put a bit confidence back into the the back 5.
    [cite]Posted By: Redmidland[/cite]looking forward to seeing the match on beeb tonight....hope updates were ok

Thanks to Mascott and Redmidland for updates!
  • Newsshopper
    Charlton deservedly held on for victory and left the field to cheers as opposed to the boos which echoed in their ears after the last home game against Brighton.
  • Really pleased. Couldn't make it today but that didn't stop me giving it the big'un when the result came through...Delighted
  • Hats off to them great result on the back of the brighton game. And the clean sheet after the sloppyness of the 7 goals conceded in the last 2 games is very important.

Parky needed that big time and it seems he has set them out well and he got it spot on on the day aswell.
  • 1st half promotion form, 2nd half for me positions went a bit west. Wasnt a great spectacle.

Racon was very good for me, docherty still weak IMO.

3pts, job done.
  • A good performance all round I thought.
    Racon and Semedo stood out for me, but good effort from all.
    6 points from last 2games, a good response so far from the despair of the Brighton game.
  • Skins did weds come out more 2nd half or did we allow them time to do so
  • Sponsored links:

• Benson MOM. Thought we played excellently first half with Francis, Wags, Racon and Benson standing out. We were patient and played the ball quickly and intelligently. Weaver kept them in it.

Second half they came out and Fry was looking a bit tired and they started launching the ball. Elliot didn't make a single save although was lucky with a penalty. Good game, good result. Well done all.
  • I disagree regarding the enjoyment level of the game, something happening all the time, no dull or fallow periods, a very good tussle, we absolutely deserved the three points, however in a 1-0 it could have all gone wrong as we know. Racon had a second terrific game this season (along with the MK Dons game), if he could be consistent he would never be dropped.
    Waggy Trousers.
  • Racon on todays performance wouldn't look out of place in the premiership
  • Well-earned. Great result.
  • It's all about results in this division.
  • Will be interesting to hear what ColTat has to say about Racon today then.
  • Great stuff. Well done lads.

See Peterborough lost 3-0 at home to Brighton today. Wonder if they are calling for the manager's head?!
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Great stuff. Well done lads.

See Peterborough lost 3-0 at home to Brighton today. Wonder if they are calling for the manager's head?!

Totally different back story to that result, to be fair Weegie.
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Parky out

Laughed at this (hope it's tongue in cheek!), but got me to thinking how ridiculous all of the baying for his scalp is if one double-edged performance (Carlisle) and one very good one (today) can apparently turn the collective opinion.

If there's one thing that's characteristic of being Charlton (mighty Charlton!), surely it's the ability to meet with triumph and disaster and treat those two imposters just the same? ;-)
  • Much better performance! a different Charlton! finally! CAFC!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]I disagree regarding the enjoyment level of the game, something happening all the time, no dull or fallow periods, a very good tussle, we absolutely deserved the three points,

Agree completely. Very enjoyable battle, good football played by both sides and we won against a good team. Don't let anyone say "they were rubbish" because they were not.

Played some very good stuff 1st half and Weaver made some very good saves as you knew he would.

Second half they pushed up on us but we still had chances.

Lots of positives and good individual performances. Benno and Anyinsah worked tirelessly, Waggy great goal, Racon the player he can be but my MOTM was Francis. Did his job forward and back all day long. Quality balls forward and defended well.

Well done Parky, we needed a change after Brighton and it seems we've got it.
  • played the better football and at times was enjoyable to watch which is rare these days,wagstaff was mom and showed once again how better he is compared to sam,glad morrison did not start for them as lively when he came on and i think fry had a blinder to,happy days sixth in league one and maybe better after swindon
  • Really enjoyed the game. Great first half performance, good second half performance. Deserved win, and some encouragement going forward.
  • Really pleased today, played well 1st half and defended as a team in the second. Thought Doherty had his best game for us, Semedo and Racon did well and Waggy was fantastic. Benson lead the line well, looks a different player to the one we saw straight away and Anyinsah ran his arse off.

That bit of skill from Martin was unbelievable at the end!!

Thought Weaver played well in the first half & so pleased Clinton didn't score!
  • Thought we played well. Good to have a clean sheet.

2 wins since Brighton who beat Peterborough 3-0 today. Shows they are currently above everyone else.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Skins did weds come out more 2nd half or did we allow them time to do so[/quote]

IMO, Wednesday were the worst team I have seen at the valley for a while.

Yeah, I think we sat back and tried to do them on the break, which we would have done but for some terrible decisions, 1 notably from Waggy but hey ho.
  • Well done Charlton, great result.

Well done Parkinson, makes my weekend when you prove me wrong.

Promotion doesnt actually look like a pipe dream today.
  • Was really impressed with Racon and Anyinsah.
  • Better add that I did enjoy the game, 1st half more than many game I have seen for a couple of years but second half was no were near in comparison.
  • Most rounded performance so far this season imho. Competed with them all over the pitch and although at 1 -0 it's never comfortable I think we shaded the match and score was about right. Weaver was worked more than Robbie and Nicky had a good game. Certainly something to build on. Well done lads and Parky. COYR