Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic 1 - 0 Sheffield Wednesday Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    See now your confusing me I think you mean NSS
  • Options
    WHERES MY POST GONE CALLING BFR A KNOB
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Just had to waste part of my Saturday night wading through and editing or deleting half this thread. Pathetic.

Chaps, we just won a game. If all you are interested in is digging out over people's posts or trading insults like kids, please go and use another site if you have to and leave this one for people that aren't so selfish or stoopid.

This thread is for TODAY'S GAME. Post your views, read others, and if you disagree with them, then debate it without making yourself look silly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]See now your confusing me I think you mean NSS

I don't think so, but I have done in the past! Anyway....I'll stand by what I said for now!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: chablis addick[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]See now your confusing me I think you mean NSS

I don't think so, but I have done in the past! Anyway....I'll stand by what I said for now!

no probs bud but for the recored i havent said nowt bad against benno, i didnt thik the way we played suited him when we wre tracking him but i like the fella , i have met him through his playing time at daggers and he is a top guy so i wouldnt have said anything bad,

nss slated him in thread earlier
  • Options
    Exceptional first half display after a nervous first few minutes. Benson looked the real deal, Wagstaff great game, Francis improving.

Weaver very restrained despite verbals had an excellent game. The best team won, Wednesday look similar to Charlton last year....dont think they will make it this season but would like to see them back in the Championship...decent proper big club and great support although a bit quiet on the singing front today.

Wednesday didnt look like they wanted it today....................we did
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]See now your confusing me I think you mean NSS

no probs bud but for the recored i havent said nowt bad against benno, i didnt thik the way we played suited him when we wre tracking him but i like the fella , i have met him through his playing time at daggers and he is a top guy so i wouldnt have said anything bad,

YOU'VE GONE SOFT lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: chablis addick[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]See now your confusing me I think you mean NSS

youve gone mental lol

everyone else said he played well and you reckoned he was dog cack,

how was the game mate i like the sound of anyinsah do they work well together

YOU'VE GONE SOFT lol
  • Options
    All beno done was the same corner that won the game last week,cute but will only work 4 so long, Ayinsah was very very good, pace and strenghth , everything a centre half in this league hates.
  • Options
    good cheers mate night night look after yourself on here or smudge will be after you
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A well deserved win - particularly on our first half performance.

The guy next to me, who I hadn't seen before, took every opportunity to slag off Racon, who for me was MOM. I really despair at times.
    Thought Doherty was excellent 2nd half with his positional play.
    Loved the way the team were properly applauded off at half time - sure that really helped them to realise what we ask of them in terms of effort and commitment.
    Good team performance.
  • Options
    dont worry the cyber bullies r out tonite i can take care of my self. Nice to booze with Elthanm addick today and the old boys Big Dunc RIP
  • Options
    Racon best game for ages.Docherty ropey first half classy second
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]

My fault, sorry, I did confuse your post with NSS's. I do, however, like your posts and I also thought Benson was very good today (I've missed the last few games so haven't really commented on those). Apologies, again.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]All beno done was the same corner that won the game last week,cute but will only work 4 so long, Ayinsah was very very good, pace and strenghth , everything a centre half in this league hates.

Think Benno is bursting with confidence right now, could bag 5,000 goal on Tuesday and eventually be the goalscorer we have missed since Bent. At a higher level? thats another question but i think he's an intelligent player and the perfect foil for Anyinsah
  • Options
    What a difference two weeks makes.

We played some great football in the first half and showed real commitment second half.

Thought Semedo and Racon were immense today with special mentions to Francis and Wagstaff.

Subs were spot on from Parky.

Think Irvine dropped a clanger by not starting with Johnson and Morrison but even so it was great to see the team fighting for each other, the manager and the fans.
  • Options
    Yes! I finally made it home! HA!

We won.

We was good.

Yeah!!!! I love you charlton!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Wow. Isn't it nice to see so many positives from us lot on here?

I have counted at least 5 different Man Of the Matches: Racon, Semedo, Wagstaff, Docherty and Anyinsah.

Me, before this game I wanted Racon and Docherty dropped. I am happy to eat my words on this occasion, mmm, delicious!! They both gave immense performances:

Docherty was solid today made 2 very important blocks which had goals written all over them and he won every header: This is what Norwich fans saw last season from him, keep it up Doc!

Racon, easily my man of the match. Was everywhere, won the ball back, chased everything and was a constant threat to Weds. That was a great performance from him and about time too. Fully deserving of his substitution for a standing applause!!

At half time the players got a standing ovation off the pitch and they desevered that. You see: when Charlton fans get a performance from their team the fans DO respond: Lets have no more of this blaming the fans please: the players must shoulder the blame and yesterday THEY DID:

WELL DONE TO ALL OF THEM AND PHIL PARKINSON!
  • Options
    pleased for racon. special mention for his 'mortesque' tackle (ooh err missus) just before being subbed.

not waggys best game, but yet again comes up with what matters.

anyinsah and fry both deserve a run of starts.
  • Options
    much better performance passed the ball much better ,ayinsah was superb caused their back four problems all day with his strength ,was he injured ? if he wasnt why did parky take him offcouldnt believe what i was seeing ,all in all much better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyinsah was tiring I think. Still getting fitter as he plays more games.
  • Options
    What was the reaction from the fans as racon went off?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]What was the reaction from the fans as racon went off?

Standing ovation Dazzler, from just about everybody it seemed.

Reading through today, Parky does deserve more credit. I must admit I feel a bit of a prat, as having stuck with him up to then, after Brighton I conceded that American Addick might be right. But he has turned it round, and that is good management. I guess in the end its the Third Division. In that context he's a good manager. On yeterdays evidence he's better than Irvine, who, I agree missed a trick by not starting with that knob Morrison.
  • Options
    Very good performance yesterday, especially when Wednesday decided to try and give us a game in the second half.

Benson held the ball up and linked up play well yesterday, he got into positions to worry there CH, Anyinsah very good, power and pace which is always going to a key whatever division.

Big props to Francis, defended well, and his delivery into the box was top quality. All in all, really good.
  • Options
    Too busy choking on my own words to make a post..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]What was the reaction from the fans as racon went off?

Standing ovation Dazzler, from just about everybody it seemed.

Reading through today, Parky does deserve more credit. I must admit I feel a bit of a prat, as having stuck with him up to then, after Brighton I conceded that American Addick might be right. But he has turned it round, and that is good management. I guess in the end its the Third Division. In that context he's a good manager. On yeterdays evidence he's better than Irvine, who, I agree missed a trick by not starting with that knob Morrison.

Well done for admitting to that re Parky, PA - always better to make your mind up on what you see with your own eyes ;-)

Wish I'd been to this one instead of Brighton, but at least I made it to Carlisle.

Onwards and upwards.
  • Options
    Greetings from Kenya

First time on this site and interested to read all the comments - my only way of getting more details on the game, being in far-flung Africa.

Depression after the BHA game has now been lifted!
  • Options
    Thought the first half was as good as we have played for awhile and defo best this season. made a change to see us go at a team from the off. Thought that Racon and Benson had their best games. Although not hanging on it was a long wait for the whistle.
  • Options
    welcome Happy Valley.
  • Options
    Welcome HV.