Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic 1 - 0 Sheffield Wednesday Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2010
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Steve, benson won every ball in the air and the ball did stick. He started many of our moves. I know you don't rate him but to blindly slag him off is ridiculous.

Benson was superb today as was Anyinsah.

They seem to bring the best out of each other.

Totally agree - both were very good today. Benson looks like he is starting to define a role within the team. True, there were a few wayward headers and flick ons, but from my perspective, very encouraging. Anyinsah very good too, worked hard the whole time he was on the pitch.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
  • Options
    anyinsah, lovely what a good game, so pleased, also Benno excellent mate, love it that we had a pair up front today who looked like they gave a monkeys, and one that actually put a bit of fear in to the oppo. Mentions to Dailly (he really is a class above) and the midfield 4, all played their part and who ever it was who was unsure about Jackson I am not sure where you get that from I think he has done A great job where ever he has been asked to play, and fair play to the lad for that. But hey ho it's also amazing how different people see a game of footy, mental really but all good.

All in all I really enjoyed the game today, I felt like I had my old proper Charlton back, and fair play for bouncing back like that after the shocker against the obviously high flying Benders who seemed to have bummed their way to the top of the league!

C T i die
  • Options
    edited October 2010
  • Options
    Benson looked a very capable player today. Wins a lot in the air and gets into good positions. Anyinsah is a breath of fresh air. Runs his wotsits off and is direct and strong. Racon was MOM and nobody did badly. I am going to make a special mention of Parky. Got booed off last game at The Valley and has been under enormous pressure. To be fair he has fought back and conducted himself with great honour and composure. Am a very pleased and again proud Addick tonight.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
  • Options
    Today the central midfield did what we know they can do.
    Racon was MOM easily.
    Some great touches and some really good turns and passes.
    Semedo has his best game this season. He had a bit of fire in his belly after that altercation with (morrison i think?) and that produced some positive aggression in his play after that to keep Wednesday out.

My opinion of Benno has changed totally he didn't score but i would have him starting next week he got stuck in and held up the play well.
    Anyinsah was awesome.
    He is what our frontline has been crying out for. He is strong and quick. He gave the Wednesday back four problems in the first half especially.
    I think Benno and Joe are the most effective forward partnership we have in our squad.

Dailly and Doc were good. I rarely have any complaints about either of them.
    Fry was good but maybe lacking some fitness. Francis was good again.

Wagstaff was good, nice goal , even better celebration!

A very positive performance all round.
  • Options
    good team performance all round, well pleased, thankfully elliot wasn't troubled and even when he wasn't he nearly gave a penalty away

i'd love to swap keepers and i'd believe we could go up automatically with a decent keeper

fairplay to the waggster netting again

front two are done brighton and southampton and i think we're as good as done for the play offs cos this league is full of a lot of dross imo

1% chance of automatic 80% play offs 19% finishing below the top 6 , which wont be good enough with this squad
  • Options
    unlike len i thought the ref was a complete homer and we had a right touch
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2010
  • Options
    Charltonparklane, Floyd Montana, I have only one thing to say to you both:
    PUT THE KEYBOARD DOWN, AND STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER
    We don't want to have to set AFKA onto the pair of you.
  • Options
    Night night,
  • Options
    Good performance. Everyone worked their balls off, and the 3 points were rightly deserved. If it was not for Weaver's 2 saves in the first half then the win would have been more convincing.

Benson, Joe and Racon superb today.
  • Options
    back you up Flloyd Mantana FCUK RIGHT OFF
  • Options
    BY THE WAY IT WAS 100% PEN
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]unlike len i thought the ref was a complete homer and we had a right touch

No, Ref was a cock. Could not wait to book Rob. Though was amazed he did not give them the pen they were after. Not a pen imo.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Benson worked hard, the team worked hard and maybe some of the talk about the players respecting Parky is more than just the normal platitudes that professionals come out with when a few results don't go their way.
  • Options
    Well done to Parky as well. He's been under a lot of pressure recently but against a tight defence he got the tactics right.
  • Options
    i am always intrested in barnseys opinion, as for wss being a jockey i dont even know what a jockey is
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Well done to Parky as well. He's been under a lot of pressure recently but against a tight defence he got the tactics right.

Spot on. Apart from you and SHG, Parky seems to be getting little credit.

True, it's still a work in progress, but the pundits always say, 'It's not defeat that matters, but how you respond.' Two consecutive wins after Brighton.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Great performance WSS SORRY MATE YOU KNOW JACK ALL ABOUT FOOTBALL,the ball did not stick to Benson all game.Joe Aynsiah was maginficent the best performance I have seen in a Charlton shirt for years, Parky's desicision to substitute him was disgraceful . For someone who has slagged off Francis, well done son good game. Waggy I love u son proper Charlton, Fry u remind me of CRAIG fOR Millwall thats good.

We won, take your misery guts and sling it.

Benson worked hard, the team worked hard and maybe some of the talk about the players respecting Parky is more than just the normal platitudes that professionals come out with when a few results don't go their way.

But quite why morons like you have to come on here after a win against a decent team and try and spoil it is above me. Effing idiot, as though anyone is interested in your opinion.

AND YOU R A KNOB ENOUGH SAID
  • Options
    hang on me the biggest parky out merchant here said it the min the game finished, an hour later and then again on here
  • Options
    A clean sheet in addition - last week the naysayers were moaning that despite winning we let three goals in and the defence was crap, Elliot isn't a keeper etc and shouldn't be playing...

In all honesty no one had a poor game today, and the back five were the best I've seen them this season. There's always the risk with a one goal lead that something will happen - a dodgy pen, defender slipping etc, had that happened it would have been unfair but that's football. Collectively as a unit they deserved the clean sheet.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]hang on me the biggest parky out merchant here said it the min the game finished, an hour later and then again on here

I'll hang on you if you really want, but what the hell are you saying ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: chablis addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Well done to Parky as well. He's been under a lot of pressure recently but against a tight defence he got the tactics right.

True, it's still a work in progress, but the pundits always say, 'It's not defeat that matters, but how you respond.' Two consecutive wins after Brighton.

Fair point although some of us haven't been critical of Parky so don't necessarily need to redress the balance...
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: chablis addick[/cite]

Fair point although some of us haven't been critical of Parky so don't necessarily need to redress the balance...

Fair point too, but my earlier point was that some people are quick to discredit Parky in defeat but far less willing to acknowlege him in victory. As with any forum, diversity rules, and I'm not arguing about that. It just seemed all the plaudits were going to the players, whereas in defeat the blame seems to be quickly directed towards Parky. It's a collobaritive thing.
  • Options
    you said that shg and bfr only offered pp any credit i was mearly pointing out that i had too given the poor man some credit too
  • Options
    I fort their lack of pace up front with fat mellor up front helped doc and dailey
    Benson looked up for it more winning more headers than normally
    overall a very good team perfomance
    1 word= PROUD
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]you said that shg and bfr only offered pp any credit i was mearly pointing out that i had too given the poor man some credit too

Ok, sorry if I missed that. I wasn't having a 'go' at you, just wasn't sure what the earlier post meant. Can't agree with you about Benson, but your posts always provoke thought.