Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic 1 - 0 Sheffield Wednesday Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    By far! the best performance we have seen at the valley this year, and by a side that were o.k, no way was wednesday the worst team we have seen this year (notts county were SHITE) So alot of good things from today, very very happy!
  • Options
    And had money on Waggy for first and last scorer. Get in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Great stuff. Well done lads.

See Peterborough lost 3-0 at home to Brighton today. Wonder if they are calling for the manager's head?!

Yes
  • Options
    It is soooo important for us to win on tuesday! and im positive we will! CAFC
  • Options
    For the first time in ages I came away and said I enjoyed that. Hats off to Simon Francis, had his best game yet in a Charlton shirt. Thought Benson played well and I really wanted him to score on the back of that performance. Racon was immense, man of the match by a country mile. Wedenesday didnt really impress me much to be honest, I always thought we had the beating of them. For almost 3000 fans I thought they were quiet too and it was nice for our fans to get behind the team throughout the 90 and in turn it was good to see us actually play and compete for 90. My only slight critisicm is Jackson. I dont quite see what he brings the side...he isnt a left back and he isnt a left winger....but that was the only slightly low point. Good day at the Valley.
  • Options
    Yeah, on the back of a couple of comments, I thought Id add that Benson was very good today and won a great deal of headers which he didnt have the right to win.
    Also, I am not Francis biggest fan but a good performance and his deliverys from free kicks and corners were the best by a mile for year and years at the Valley.

If we had delivered the ball that well from dead balls to Bartlett, JJ, Herman, back in the day they would have doubled the goals they scored for us.
  • Options
    I enjoyed todays game. The defence was solid, can't agree that Docherty was poor, i thought he was very solid as was some peoples scapegoat Francis. Man of the match for me was Semedo, closely followed by Racon. Comfortable on the ball in the first half, gave the ball away in the second half too much for my liking. Also saw the U18s beat Wet Spam at the training ground. Good day all round, might have a couple of shandies tonight.
  • Options
    We tore them apart in the first half. Weaver kept them in it.

2nd half they came into it a bit more but created no clear chances.

Benson looks a much better player alongside Anyinsah. We need to get Joe firing for 90mins as we lost a lot when he went off. Thought Joe had a great game.

Francis was excellent. Both attacking and defensively.

So disappointed that Martin's bit of skill on the left didn't result in a goal as we won't see it again now. It was world class from where I was sitting.

Racon MOM followed closely by Semedo & the front two.

All of a sudden a point at Swindon looks a useful result.
  • Options
    Wasn't there today. Did Weaver get a good reception?
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]Wasn't there today. Did Weaver get a good reception?

No.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]Wasn't there today. Did Weaver get a good reception?

Boos and claps (only at the Valley), followed by you fat bastard every time he kicked it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]

Boos and claps (only at the Valley), followed by you fat bastard every time he kicked it.

He's slimmed right down though to his credit.
  • Options
    roll on tuesday
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]

Apparently he sells himself as a rent boy and takes it up a certain hole as well.....totally indifferent towards him myself. Saw some clapping but on the whole he took some stick.
  • Options
    Funny moment was when their player, god knows who took a free kick from the edge of the box and if it wasnt for the north Stand would have hit the Woolwich ferry.

Queue 'What the fckin el was that' from the North, swiftly followed by the Wednesday fans singing the same (but louder) shortly after.

I have never seen a player want the ground to swallow him up as much since that (useless) ginger tosser who joind Boro
  • Options
    Rent boy rent boy lol! that was funny! every charlton fan should be in a good mood 2night! :-)
  • Options
    Can I just add that Milwall and Palace both losing have added enormously to the enjoyment of this evening.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]Wasn't there today. Did Weaver get a good reception?[/quote]

Boos and claps (only at the Valley), followed by you fat bastard every time he kicked it.[/quote]

Apparently he sells himself as a rent boy and takes it up a certain hole as well.....totally indifferent towards him myself. Saw some clapping but on the whole he took some stick.[/quote]

I clapped him, heard a radio interview on the way to the ground, has been a hate/hate character for years to some. Hated him at city but lifes to short to carry grudges!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Can I just add that Milwall and Palace both losing have added enormously to the enjoyment of this evening.

with the added bonus of Palarse now sitting bottom!
  • Options
    Best home game so far this season, deserved to be 2 up by half time it was all us,2nd half not as good but another 3 points things looking much better. We must keep it up 2 away games then a run of so called easier games to christmas we could/should be top 2 by then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First half was better than the second but what a fantastic feeling when the ref blew for the final whistle! 1 point off 2nd and playing well. Wagstaff was great in the first half, average in the second but dont very well at times to bring the ball away when we was defending and relieved the pressure. Good day all round and good performances from our two academy boys that was playing today. :-) COYR
  • Options
    Charlton win, Millwall lose, Palarse lose! PERFECT WEEKEND!!!
  • Options
    Excellent performence and a good game. Thought we competed all over the pitch as a unit especially in the first half.

Weaver made some good saves. Racon very good, Semedo back to what you expect from him. Thought Francis had a good game as well.

Only blemish was the lack of decision making in forward positions in the second half as when Waggy and Semedo didn't take the initiative. However overall delighted at last we looked like a combative unit for 90 mins and played decent football and deserved the win against a strong looking side.

Good marks to Parky for going 5 in midfield late on when it was needed.
  • Options
    Excellent first half, competent in the second. Racon, Semedo and Benson all good. Docherty weak (why can't he head the ball forward). Waggie took goal well and was generall great in 1st half but made some poor passing choices from good positions in the second. Team wanted it badly including the subs when they came on. Most I've enjoyed a game since Leyton Orient.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]Charlton win, Millwall lose, Palarse lose! PERFECT WEEKEND!!!
    And a curry

Really enjoyed today. Wednesday aren't a bad team but they didn't really create a decent chance in 90 odd minutes.
    Would be nice if we could put teams like this to the sword. First half it was all us, should have been at least 2 up at the break.
    Second half they had a bit more of the ball but I felt they were never going to score even when the ref gave them free kick on edge of the box.
    Loved the little trick on the touch line by Martin followed by beautiful cross. That deserved a goal.
  • Options
    Good performance good win. Anyinsah and Benson looked to have a good understanding. Anyinsah i thought was good anyway, but Benson is definitely improving and really settling into things. Racon and Semedo had their best game for ages. Semedo was up for it and Racon was everywhere. The only weak point today for me i have to say was Doherty in the first half. He did improve in fairness in the second half but still weak considering his reputation. I'm not a fan of Francis but fair play he did well today. I really like Jackson on that left hand side. Comes back to defend but also looks good going forward. Wagstaff, good goal and looks so dangerous when attacking, looks like he is going to do something when he has the ball.

Good passing today but what was with all the sliding around? I think some of the players needed to change their boots at half time.

I did enjoy the game and really pleased we won.
  • Options
    Thought first half we were excellent and they really were second best, second half we seemed to want to contain too much, needed to push on a bit. Francis was, as people have said, very good and I thought Doc was far better than of late. Racon was also very good and the front two caused them problems all game. Joe is quick and direct, even though he can appear clumsy.
  • Options
    listened to the game on radio Sheffield. mark bright commentating, continually referred to 'us' in reference to Wednesday (to my annoyance) but the commentary sounded fairly impartial. late on he referred to the game as having a cup-tie feel to it. a win against Wednesday is always special and with our need for a run and the league being so tight im so chuffed tonight. got a 12 shift at work tomorrow, but i can sit back this evening and relax courtesy of mr parkinson and his staff performing their duties to my liking today.
  • Options
    My first live game this season and I thoroughly enjoyed that performance, to echo all the comments above, especially that superb swivel and cross from Martin that was straight out of Old Trafford.

Couldn't fault anybody. Racon as good as I've seen him across (nearly ) 90 minutes, Francis excellent and behind many dangerous moves in the first half. What was not to like, frankly? Some raised eyebrows when Parky took Ayinsah off but as a mate said, he may not yet be match fit, and Martin nearly brought the house down with that one piece of skill.

Airman Brown, in a reasoned comment on Parky a few weeks ago said that he needed to win two from the next six. He's done it with two games to spare. Airman said to me he's still far more likely to be sacked than poached, but I think that is the situation for most managers in this league.

Great to meet Nadou and hear his enthusiasm for some of the academy kids, and then to see them all doing a lap of honour at half time.
  • Options
    Happy days are here again.

Good performance. Three points. Job done.