Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Murray reaches agreement to assume full control

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Nick Gray. What an astonishing post. Complete knob.

Absolutely unbelievable that the club allow that muppet to post this on the official club site...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]i wonder if Mr. Gray ever thinks to wonder why his views are so out of step with everyone elses ? I imagine he enjoys getting reaction or else feels his opinion more insightful than the crowd.

Maybe his views aren't so out of step with the thousands of fans who have stayed away from the Valley, or just even the thousands who don't bother with messageboards...
    This message board or any other for that matter, doesn't represent all..
    He has his views, sometimes he makes sense, most times, not... So what? Debate is what's needed, not " blind faith", as Redzed said... Funny how he was accused of having an “agenda” because he dared to criticise Murray, yet those who do the opposite and protect him at all times are seen to have an “opinion” instead???? Blind faith towards Murray & the club, doesn’t give anybody the right to dish out personal abuse, either!
  • Options
    Make you right Joe. At the end of the day, none of us have any idea what Murrays takeover really means. We can only assume, & I fall into this camp, that this is good news.
  • Options
    f*ck Nick Gray, the mans a plum.
  • Options
    Maybe Mr. Gray is right and my views are out of step. I bet I'm not wrong though. AND I still think his views on Richard Murray make him a knob.
  • Options
    It's well within his rights to criticise the board Joe your right but to question whether someone is 'staging' having a potentially life threatening heart problem and operation is out of order. For that reason (amongst other) the man is a complete prat!
  • Options
    Nick Gray is articulate and makes some thought-provoking points even if one disgrees with him.

However he has a tendency to get carried away with his own rhetoric and sensationalism which undermines the valid observations he makes.

Despite starting a thread to wish Richard Murray well at the time of his heart operation within a few days he was making his "bury bad news" allegations which has to be calculated sensationalism.

I cannot understand his motivation at all. Does he get off on the attention generated by threads like this discussing him? I honestly don't know. The man is an enigma (not enema although some may disagree).
  • Options
    Posted earlier on this thread about my son's friend, purported Liverpool fan, but occasional companion with us to the Valley, and said my mission was to persuade him to get a season ticket. Mission complete, signed up and coming to Bromley tonight too. When I was there, served by a really nice blond young woman lovely blue eyes, she said that we have done 8500 season tickets, but also said how busy they have suddenly become after the Richard Murray statement, lots of interest and enquiries regarding tickets. lets hope for 9000 ST's by next Saturday.
    Also met and chatted briefly with Fred Lucas in Bartrams, lovely man, played nigh on 200 games for us...after his National Service, only a brief chat but enough to realise the world of difference in life experience between a star footballer of his era, and the Ashley Coles of the world now. An honour to chat with a man who was signed by Jimmy Seed (who Fred praised)...my goodness Jimmy Seed was in the WW1 trenches, and had a fantastic footballing career afterwards, and two degrees of separation...quite something.
  • Options
    Could he be related to 2sheds? Sounds like a wind up, not me!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]It's well within his rights to criticise the board Joe your right but to question whether someone is 'staging' having a potentially life threatening heart problem and operation is out of order. For that reason (amongst other) the man is a complete prat!

Agree Plaaayer, I said so at the time in the relative thread on here... Found that a very uncomfortable read.
    Len, Maybe his motivation is simply to ignite debate. I think he's said as much himself... Not a bad thing, if people just ran with that, but this thread alone proves that's not good enough for some, as personal abuse is the sole way they’ve responded...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The guy is an attention seeking muppet and should just be ignored.
  • Options
    - StopShouting, my sis has a flat in Villars (sur Ollon) and I was planning a short visit there around aug.16th. If I do go, you can bet i'll be doing all the
    bars until I find the one concerned (is it on the lengthy main street?)
    - I had bought £2000 worth of shares but some years later had to sell because I needed the dosh. Got £2200 and must be one of the very rare ones
    to have made a profit on Charlton shares. I pity you all.
    - RedZed is certainly entitled to a few drinks. He must feel quite disgusted his well-explained posts have not been understood
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Posted earlier on this thread about my son's friend, purported Liverpool fan, but occasional companion with us to the Valley, and said my mission was to persuade him to get a season ticket. Mission complete, signed up and coming to Bromley tonight too. When I was there, served by a really nice blond young woman lovely blue eyes, she said that we have done 8500 season tickets, but also said how busy they have suddenly become after the Richard Murray statement, lots of interest and enquiries regarding tickets. lets hope for 9000 ST's by next Saturday.
    Also met and chatted briefly with Fred Lucas in Bartrams, lovely man, played nigh on 200 games for us...after his National Service, only a brief chat but enough to realise the world of difference in life experience between a star footballer of his era, and the Ashley Coles of the world now. An honour to chat with a man who was signed by Jimmy Seed (who Fred praised)...my goodness Jimmy Seed was in the WW1 trenches, and had a fantastic footballing career afterwards, and two degrees of separation...quite something.

Well done on "selling" another ST!

I remember seeing Fred Lucas play as a young lad. Slightly balding inside forward (as they were back then) if memory serves me right.

Someone of Fred's era would just have benefited from the end of the maximum wage yet would also have played under it. I think he would have played in the first division under Seed so I wonder what he and others of his time make of today's Premier league prima donnas.
  • Options
    Can I just get this straight in my head - as a sort of recap.

1) Everything to do with the future of CAFC now rests in the hands of one person.
    2) That person has been responsible for some excellent decision making in the past, although his more recent decisions include Dowie/Reed/Pardew.
    3) He does not need to refer to / discuss with any other person, any decision about the future direction of the club - he can just do it.
    4) Generally, everyone is happy about this.

Is this a fair summary ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valiantphil[/cite]Can I just get this straight in my head - as a sort of recap.

1) Everything to do with the future of CAFC now rests in the hands of one person.
    2) That person has been responsible for some excellent decision making in the past, although his more recent decisions include Dowie/Reed/Pardew.
    3) He does not need to refer to / discuss with any other person, any decision about the future direction of the club - he can just do it.
    4) Generally, everyone is happy about this.

Is this a fair summary ?

Sounds fair apart from number 2 to a certain extent.

Without wanting to be accused of wearing rose tinted specs, it could be argued that his best decisions came when there were relatively few other opinions, and when the board and management structure grew and grew, and there were more voices having their say, the general level of decision making suffered. If we hold that to be true then returning to a smaller structure with one man at the head will hopefully see a return of better decision making.
  • Options
    My feelings entirely andy, a slimmed down ownership should lead to easier decision making, be that for the better or worse we will find out, but obviously better for doing business. I get the feeling the cafc 2010 set up can only really mean 2 things, either they set it up on 16 july to proceed with their attempted takeover, possibly following administration, or they have set it up now with a view to a possible takeover now. Time will tell, but u don't set up a company with such a clearly explicit name for any other reason, it does what it says on the tin, or so they hoped. The 2 names, seb sainsbury n michael bold are an heir to the supermarket family, though a bit removed n trading on the family name and a solicitor, unless he is the michael bold who works as an adviser for B&Q in stoke, which may be possible. The solicitor has some guff about being into art, seb has a few links with takeovers of football clubs in the past. Whilst a 3rd possibility could be PR for mr S, I doubt he would have chosen us for the kudos attached. Time will tell. I do wonder if murray may have made a deal with 'paid off' directors that they would receive a further payment if the club was subsequently sold on at profit (unlikely to be a profit, I know) but if it was me handing over my equity for a pittance I would want to know I wasn't going to be shafted in the event of a good deal happening. As I said, we shall have to wait and see.
  • Options
    To suggest NG and I are same person is a right laugh, if you troll the OS views you'll find I was one of the first people to criticise him for the comments he made about Dicky, he was bang out of order...

And to reiterate once again, I am not anti-Murray, how could I be after what he has achieved for the club, my point is he is now in failure mode and has been ever since he declared the 'new-look coaching triumvirate' back in 2006...

The day Dowie the Donkey was unveiled as Charlton manager I was sitting at a Black Jack table in New York, New York, Las Vegas, out the corner of my eye I saw the Charlton logo flash up on the 60 foot sports screen and there was Murray and the Donkey giving it the big love-in poses, the Sky Sports tickertape let the tale unfold slowly underneath. Before I could even get to a telly with sound I got a text from my son telling me I wouldn't believe who's just been appointed manager at Charlton, devastated wasn't the word, there was hardly a moment went by without his appointment invading my thoughts, spoilt my holiday that's for sure...

I don't doubt for one second Dicky thought he was doing the very best for Charlton, it wasn't even his fault it all went tits up, but things since then have seriously declined and I challenge anyone to point to a positive moment since then...

Go take a look at the OS news and look at all the messages where Dicky has asked us to 'trust me on this', 'be patient on that', 'this is the way forward', 'that's the way to do it', they are all interesting soundbites that have all meant jack shit in real terms...

I sincerely thank Dicky for all he has achieved for Charlton in the past but I think the club would be a lot safer if he was to graciously step aside and let someone else have a go...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]I sincerely thank Dicky for all he has achieved for Charlton in the past but I think the club would be a lot safer if he was to graciously step aside and let someone else have a go...
    One day we'll find out. We've seen with Curbs things don't always get better, or even stay the same.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]To suggest NG and I are same person is a right laugh, if you troll the OS views you'll find I was one of the first people to criticise him for the comments he made about Dicky, he was bang out of order...

And to reiterate once again, I am not anti-Murray, how could I be after what he has achieved for the club, my point is he is now in failure mode and has been ever since he declared the 'new-look coaching triumvirate' back in 2006...

The day Dowie the Donkey was unveiled as Charlton manager I was sitting at a Black Jack table in New York, New York, Las Vegas, out the corner of my eye I saw the Charlton logo flash up on the 60 foot sports screen and there was Murray and the Donkey giving it the big love-in poses, the Sky Sports tickertape let the tale unfold slowly underneath. Before I could even get to a telly with sound I got a text from my son telling me I wouldn't believe who's just been appointed manager at Charlton, devastated wasn't the word, there was hardly a moment went by without his appointment invading my thoughts, spoilt my holiday that's for sure...

I don't doubt for one second Dicky thought he was doing the very best for Charlton, it wasn't even his fault it all went tits up, but things since then have seriously declined and I challenge anyone to point to a positive moment since then...

Go take a look at the OS news and look at all the messages where Dicky has asked us to 'trust me on this', 'be patient on that', 'this is the way forward', 'that's the way to do it', they are all interesting soundbites that have all meant jack shit in real terms...

I sincerely thank Dicky for all he has achieved for Charlton in the past but I think the club would be a lot safer if he was to graciously step aside and let someone else have a go...

no you are a WUM the comment you made about the cleaning of seats proves that if you are not NG then you are aclose clone of the baffoon.. clueless some of your comments and clearly only out to cause a wind up
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]

a lot safer what the effing hell are you on about .. he made 2 mistakes in his tenure 1 backing dowie the other uncle les reed they have cost him personally millions ..

we could have gone to the wall if it was not for him and his directors lesser clubs would have..

you enjoy the highs you roll with the lows and i reckon personally in the 25 + years of supporting this club the highs still outway the lows

i dont aimlessly follow but people who make comments like you and prick gray get right on my tits
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Posted earlier on this thread about my son's friend, purported Liverpool fan, but occasional companion with us to the Valley, and said my mission was to persuade him to get a season ticket. Mission complete, signed up and coming to Bromley tonight too. When I was there, served by a really nice blond young woman lovely blue eyes, she said that we have done 8500 season tickets, but also said how busy they have suddenly become after the Richard Murray statement, lots of interest and enquiries regarding tickets. lets hope for 9000 ST's by next Saturday.

Well done on "selling" another ST!

I remember seeing Fred Lucas play as a young lad. Slightly balding inside forward (as they were back then) if memory serves me right.

Someone of Fred's era would just have benefited from the end of the maximum wage yet would also have played under it. I think he would have played in the first division under Seed so I wonder what he and others of his time make of today's Premier league prima donnas.

I actually have Fred Lucas's CAFC signing on papers.

Remember seeing him play many times. Glad you posted about him, It is always good to hear about the players of yesteryear.
  • Options
    Exchange New york, New york, Las Vegas for the Bell in Bromley and we might be a bit closer...

Mate we you are on a wind up for sure...

lol..
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Just cos redzeds views on the quickest and biggest demise ever in our footballing history don't sit pretty with some, I can't see how it can be seen as a wind up .......
    These are quite possibly the worst times in our 'footballing' history and they have come so quickly after our 2nd most successful 'footballing' period .....
    I guess the truth hurts .....
    I don't think anyone can question whether murrays heart is with charlton, we know he has our best interests at heart but he has made some monumental fuck ups in 'recent' history that have lead us to our and his current predicament .......
  • Options
    It isn't as easy 'to step aside and let someone else have a go' because murray will think/hope he can get us into a better positioin to make us more attractive to investors , therefore receiving a better return for alll his hardwork and cash that he has put into the club
    and fairplay to him for wanting to give it a go
    but where these investors are likely to come from, god only knows, cos imo no one with any real sanity would 'invest' in a football club atm cos I can't see there being any return
    We need someone who wants to burn money and until football finances get back to reality our knight in shining armour could still be a long way off
    So maybe better the devil you know .......
  • Options
    Chairman hire the wrong manager all the time.
  • Options
    clubs drop from prem to div 3 all the time....
  • Options
    Supporters talk uninformed shite most of the time....
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    the last team to drop from the prem to div 3 within 2 seasons of relegation from the premiership was man city in 1998 ....
    they got promoted from div 3 immediately
  • Options
    yeah, but look at the state they're in now.
  • Options
    A damning statistic