Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Murray reaches agreement to assume full control

Comments

• Options
    I think RedZed and Nick gray are the same person if not they come from the same blood line and one that is really fookinng stoopid
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    he let curbs leave a year earlier than he wanted to and turned down curbs offer to stay and help find his successor .... how murray thought he was gonna be better placed to choose curbs's successor is beyond belief .....
    therefore starting a carastrophic turn of events that have led to the quickest demise and worst footballing periond in our history

and yep he has paid a heavy price

he clearly lucked out with curbs first time , surely he is due some luck now ...
    come on parky you can do it .... ahem
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]Don't do quoting but wanted to comment on RedZed333's horror at the request for " an army of Mrs Mopps " to clean seats.

Wasn't it barely a month ago that we were racking our brains to come up with suggestions for ways that WE , the fans, could help our Club during these difficult times.....?

Why isn't this a valid means of showing our support ? No-one's twisting anyone's arm but don't feel this deserves the derision you're affording it. Maybe it shows that OUR Club does listen to us.

And I'll bet most that take up the request would help anyway, regardless of the carrot dangled of a match ticket or Legends meal. I would.

My sentiments entirely Fanny!

I knew someone would have a dig about the seat cleaning, but for me this is exactly what our club is all about. How many times in the past have the club turned to it's fans for help in times of need. We were there for them then and we are there for them now. That is what supporting this club is all about and fills me with pride rather than derision. If you are able, how bad can it be, a free lunch and ticket. Typically, I am at a conference in Northampton next week, but I would have taken off a days holiday at work to get involved. We all have our gripes with the club from time to time (I was one of the first to grumble when Richardson was sold) but the bottom line is this is our club. I'm 56 and have been going since I was 4 years of age, but even now I am still filled with pride when I tell someone that I support our beloved Charlton!
  • Options
    Think the " blind faith" phrase adds fuel to that fire, NLA...

A much quoted one on "Your Whinges " by the main culprits.

Awaiting a "rose tinted glasses" mention on here from RedZed very soon.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]he let curbs leave a year earlier than he wanted to and turned down curbs offer to stay and help find his successor .... how murray thought he was gonna be better placed to choose curbs's successor is beyond belief .....
    therefore starting a carastrophic turn of events that have led to the quickest demise and worst footballing periond in our history

and yep he has paid a heavy price

he clearly lucked out with curbs first time , surely he is due some luck now ...
    come on parky you can do it .... ahem

nice one sided view..
  • Options
    No mention of the Vol au Vents yet?
  • Options
    First, on the new company. There is legislation regarding limitations on the registration of company names that are similar to existing company names. (Chapter 3 of the Companies Act 2006) It seems inconceivable to me that the new company could have been registered with that name without the existing company's prior knowledge and consent.
    Second, someone asked how much a share in CAFC plc was worth. The answer to that question is only as much as someone is prepared to pay for it: there is no market as such in the shares, merely matched trades. But I would suggest we'd be looking at no more than a few pence each. In some ways CAFC plc is no more than a property company - it has precious few other assets - so the net asset value of its property is relevant. With that property being used as football facilities and with the outstanding mortgage even the land values wouldn't be great.
  • Options
    doubt the share price will be more than a penny, more likely a bit less.

I would rather keep my 400 for sentimental reasons but also because if fans can hold onto and consolidate 10% of the shares they still have "nuisance" value. Of course that would mean the fans coming together to do something and organising themselves so highly unlikely to happen : - (

The New Co. is an odd one and another of the yet to be answered questions.

Most likely, IMVHO, is that it is either a company RM and friends set up to transfer the assests of the old PLC to OR a company set up by a prospective buyer to assume control with.

Seb Sainsbury seems to have a history from his time with Leeds of talking the talk but not walking the walk ie not having the money he claims to have. Could well be the origin of the rumour Epsom Addick posted about a consortium being "turned down" when in fact they were chancers who couldn't back up what they were saying.

Or nothing like that at all.
  • Options
    Everyone in the clique knows that, that company was set-up for the Crewe takeover!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]doubt the share price will be more than a penny, more likely a bit less.

I would rather keep my 400 for sentimental reasons but also because if fans can hold onto and consolidate 10% of the shares they still have "nuisance" value. Of course that would mean the fans coming together to do something and organising themselves so highly unlikely to happen : - (

The New Co. is an odd one and another of the yet to be answered questions.

Most likely, IMVHO, is that it is either a company RM and friends set up to transfer the assests of the old PLC to OR a company set up by a prospective buyer to assume control with.

Seb Sainsbury seems to have a history from his time with Leeds of talking the talk but not walking the walk ie not having the money he claims to have. Could well be the origin of the rumour Epsom Addick posted about a consortium being "turned down" when in fact they were chancers who couldn't back up what they were saying.

Or nothing like that at all.[/quote]

Think you have to admit though Henry, there appears to be some substance in Epsom's post.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't get all this moaning about being asked to clean seats, what I dont get even more is how it's related to this thread as any sort of good news.

I'm sure even the mouthbreathrs like RedZed know the club has been asking fans to clean seats during pre-season for years, so why all the surprise and horror now ?????

Anyway brilliant news for the club, really hope this can help take us forward as a club!!
  • Options
    stop shouting,

As i said on that rumour thread no i dont think so.

The source taking 2 + 2 and getting 103 more like.
  • Options
    Lots of informed opinion on thread which is good for someone like me who has little business knowledge. I can understand this new company being set up for the various reasons suggested above but I can't really see how this chap Sainsbury randomly fits in with anything unless he is involved. Unlikely he would get his name associated without good reason. To all intents and purposes The names involved with the club are now just Murray, Sainsbury and Ward. Or am I missing something ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Lots of informed opinion on thread which is good for someone like me who has little business knowledge. I can understand this new company being set up for the various reasons suggested above but I can't really see how this chap Sainsbury randomly fits in with anything unless he is involved. Unlikely he would get his name associated without good reason. To all intents and purposes The names involved with the club are now just Murray, Sainsbury and Ward. Or am I missing something ?

From what I garner from people I think know, yes you are missing something. Soon but not now only Murray will be involved. The other names are sideshows and not involved now or likely to be going forward.
  • Options
    I went skiing a few years back to nice little resort in Switzerland called Villars. When I went into the first pub we came to, there was a picture of the Valley on the wall. Naturally I was pretty hysterical & the antipodean barman told me that it was owned by a Charlton fan who was one of our directors. I met this guy the following evening & he wasn't a director but a sort of Charlton fan who was big mates with Roger Alwen. Think he said he owned a few properties in Villars including the bar but lived elsewhere in Switzerland but I can't remember where. Villars is not far from Geneva so I'm wondering if there's a connection or whether he's Sebastien Charles Sainsbury .
  • Options
    Back in the mists of time CAFC (1984) Ltd was formed and CAFC Ltd was dissolved to conduct the football or "trading" side of the business. After many years CAFC (1984) Ltd changed name to CAFC Ltd.

I suspect that CAFC (2010) Ltd has been set up for similar reasons but quite how it will all work is uncertain. Perhaps more will be revealed at the forthcoming EGM.
  • Options
    Some will say it's just a publicity stunt like they said when it was reported that Mr. Murray was sick.

W-----S.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Colin in Thailand.[/cite]Some will say it's just a publicity stunt like they said when it was reported that Mr. Murray was sick.

W
    S.
    Some have already given their opinion. "A very bad day for the club, IMO."
  • Options
    Nick Gray. What an astonishing post. Complete knob.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Nick Gray. What an astonishing post. Complete knob.

An insomniac as well - posted at 04.59!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There seems to be quite an opinion of this Mr Gray. Who is he? Is he a charlton employee? Fan?
  • Options
    I just went and registered on charlton views to place my opinion and realised that my post had to be "approved" that means that some complete muppet "appoved" some of this d*** heads comments in support of booing, and attacking Murray...

Sometimes I think how much would Leon cost, really, in dollars and cents...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Nick Gray. What an astonishing post. Complete knob.

Why he even bothers to support Charltom, I do not know ... total t#sser
  • Options
    Coincidentally, as part of the process of trying to track down my late dad's assets, I have just ordered a bulk shareholders listing for CAFC plc on CD ROM from Companies House.
    This should list all shareholders on the register as April/May 2010, and it will be interesting to see how many shares are owned by non directors as a % - potential fan nuisance value, if you like. It should be waiting for me when I get home this evening, so if there's anything interesting to note in there, I'll post it up. It's all public domain information anyway.
  • Options
    i wonder if Mr. Gray ever thinks to wonder why his views are so out of step with everyone elses ? I imagine he enjoys getting reaction or else feels his opinion more insightful than the crowd.
  • Options
    Does anyone actually know or has anyone ever met this Nick Gray?
  • Options
    Charlton Legend
  • Options
    Hey IdleHans: how many shares have I got (in the name of Derek Orford)?

I've lost track: the original ones got split at some stage. I've still got that original certificate!

If Henry is right and they're worth about a penny each I can treat myself to a schooner of Tooheys Extra Dry in The Establishment next time I'm in town.

Oh, and Richard Murray is a legend.
  • Options
    Killara - I'll let you know,. Not sure how many I've got, nor if my old fella had any left after he transferred a few to me some years ago, which is why I've embarked on this exercise.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Killarahales[/cite]Hey IdleHans: how many shares have I got (in the name of Derek Orford)?

I've lost track: the original ones got split at some stage. I've still got that original certificate!

If Henry is right and they're worth about a penny each I can treat myself to a schooner of Tooheys Extra Dry in The Establishment next time I'm in town.

Oh, and Richard Murray is a legend.[/quote]

Originally issued at 1pound per share, then split 2 for one = 50p per share. Surely they must be worth more than 1/50th of their original value?