Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Murray reaches agreement to assume full control

Comments

• Options
    Posted By: LargeAddick
    will Mr Murray be buying our shares ? Does he need them ? Do we have to sell them ? If he wants sole control surely he'll want our shares too.

I'm very very out of date on company law but I think if he's made an offer which has been accepted by a majority of shareholders, then he is obliged to make an offer to all shareholders in the same terms. (It would make good financial sense anyway if only so that all those company accounts didn't have to be posted out.) Now, whether you accept or not is up to you. But I think if he gets 90% then he can just take the rest.
    I suspect that the new company mentioned @51 is just going to be the vehicle that Mr Murray is using to acquire the shares and that the directors at this stage are merely nominees.
  • Options
    Oh, forgot to say but I think that as CAFC plc was a listed company within the last ten years, then the takeover code applies.
  • Options
    Lets be honst it's a massive Relief, lets hope the debt will be reduced and managed.

Im a correct in thinking that Murry "owns" the comany that runs shows like Who wants to be a millionaire? etc
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Gumbo[/cite]Lets be honst it's a massive Relief, lets hope the debt will be reduced and managed.

Im a correct in thinking that Murry "owns" the comany that runs shows like Who wants to be a millionaire? etc

I think he sold it a while back?
  • Options
    As len has posted the devil is in the detail. BUT I would like to think that Richard Murray has the best interests of the club at heart, his actions like now have always been in the clubs interests and thank god we have a chairman that is prepared to put his money where his mouth is. For that alone I am grateful ( once again) that Richard has done this. As I say a brave move, and one we should all be supporting in principal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Hope this means we can get necter points when we buy our season tickets

BOGOF
  • Options
    im sorry to be a nuisance, but after reading all the comments i am still a little comfused, the current '7' directors that influxed money into the club, are they staying on until a succesful takeover bid has been confirmed or are their shares been bought out completely and it turns to be on the 7th august that they will be sitting in amongst the fans ?!?
  • Options
    This is excellent news. An owner and decision maker who you know loves the club, as we do and will do all he can to secure the longer term success of it, by selling to the right people or possibly by securing new investment to help breathe some new life into us, whilst still firmly gripping the reigns.

I have nothing against any of the other Directors and thank all of them for their dedication and investment, but as they've recognised (as Charlton supporters too), this is a real positive step for us.

I thought Parky was doing a great job in the transfer market already, a few quid will hopefully help him to generate more success.

I just hope Parky's hands aren't tied until next month (albeit days), as he will have his targets and not all of them may show the same level of patience as Parky has all summer.

I can't wait for the new season to come around - very proud of our club and it's 'people'.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sam lloyd[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Hope this means we can get necter points when we buy our season tickets

BOGOF

Strikers do you mean : -)

Not buying this Sainsbury thing myself.

Link seems a bit tenuous but we shall see.

As ever I suggest caution and a careful scanning of the OS before leaping to any conclusions.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mr.se7[/cite]im sorry to be a nuisance, but after reading all the comments i am still a little comfused, the current '7' directors that influxed money into the club, are they staying on until a succesful takeover bid has been confirmed or are their shares been bought out completely and it turns to be on the 7th august that they will be sitting in amongst the fans ?!?

Welcome to the (message) board.

It's not totally clear I agree.

My reading is that other than RAM the other directors are stepping down.

As they are all fans they will be sitting among other fans somewhere I'm sure, be that in the Directors Box as Vice Presidents or in the North upper where they can shout and swear as much as they like - Hi Dave : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Welcome to the (message) board.

It's not totally clear I agree.

My reading is that other than RAM the other directors are stepping down.

As they are all fans they will be sitting among other fans somewhere I'm sure, be that in the Directors Box as Vice Presidents or in the North upper where they can shout and swear as much as they like - Hi Dave : - )

thank you, so the PLC aswell as charlton athletic football club limitied have all stepped down, and thank you for the welcome :) .
  • Options
    The new company does exist on Companies House site, I haven't paid for full access, but Charlton Athletic 2010 Limited is on there
  • Options
    Lots of charges and /or mortgages dotted around the 3 companies according to a superficial look at the Companies House website.

These presumably are on The Valley and Training Ground as security for the directors' loans and the outstanding Covered End mortgage but that is speculation on my part.

I wonder whether some of these will shortly be shown as satisfied following the announcement today.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    May be I should not be reproducing stuff I get from Companies House here!
  • Options
    Ah, at last the way is clear for Paul McCartney's takeover now...

Seriously good news in taking the club forward though. If someone is out there who has been looking at us (and I think there must be) this has to a hugely positive step. Well done to all concerned and interesting times ahead.

Can I go for Zabeel being back in for us in the CL Sweepstake please?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Then I go for Abdul Abulbul Amir.
  • Options
    Anybody know what a Charlton share is currently worth? I have long assumed the ones I have buried away somewhere are pretty worthless but after today's news, can I now start looking up holidays in the Maldives?
  • Options
    Explain it to me in laymans terms please

I thought the boy Muzza always owned us

Derek Chappell, Sir Maurice Hatter, David Hughes, David Sumners, Steven Ward, David White and Bob Whitehand all put money into us to keep us afloat what does that mean to them

Confused Enfield

thiswas my post 4 hours ago and i think i understand now

what we should be saying is Thankyou a big Thankyou to these guys for keeping us afloat until now and obviously not getting their money back in full, when we had the valley party the fans clubed together and got us going this time round it was Fans that kept us afloat with their cash..

yes i am glad muzza is taking a leading roll.. but i cant help think that this is over shadowing the part these guys have played

so to you all

i salute your resolve yuor efforts and i thankyou for your cash

top fellas well done

no longer confused in Enfield more like grateful in Enfield
  • Options
    The lunatic has taken over the asylum...
    A1127-Richard-Murray.jpg
    Fun Boy One...
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Harsh, Red Zed...;-)

I think this is really positive news - have always thougth RM acts in the best interests of the Club. He got ONE big decision wrong in appointing Dowie (and giving him cash) and has paid dearly for it - far more than he/ we deserved after years of hard work building things up. Whenever I've been hurting about the plight of this football club currently, I've often thought RM must be hurting even more. So I'll trust him - whether this means he has had a windfall and can give us more backing personally, or whether he has done it to pave the way for a takeover.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the company set up by Sainsbury/Bond may have been done so because they were hoping to acquire the Club, as in the rumour a week ago, but then something may have killed the deal or maybe with just Muzza in charge it is going to be easier to negotiate with them than with all parties involved. Plus if the debt has been reduced we are immediately a more viable prospect. On the other hand that could all be crap. There are certainly more questions than answers but I don't expect to get answers any time soon.
  • Options
    Well done Richard and all concerned with this very welcome and common sense move.

We love you Minty we do, etc......

RedZed, I dont understand your post, explain pls.
  • Options
    good points NLA,

Lets not ignore the contribution, financial and otherwise, of those other directors down the years in good times and bad.

Signing big cheques knowing you are never likely to see that cash again but that it will keep the club going takes big pockets and even bigger bollocks,
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]The lunatic has taken over the asylum...
    A1127-Richard-Murray.jpg
    Fun Boy One...

confused again in enfield
  • Options
    How is this not a sticky? It could be a hugely important event for us as a club. Either murray presses on looking for a new owner without the hassle of paying off other directors ect.. or murray forms a new board with new directors as hinted here and who knows where that takes us, I don't think in my 20 years of being an addick we've had one sole owner, there's always been a chairman and a board, wasn't around for the gilkstien era. I don't know wether to be jumping for joy at the news or just keep it calm till we hear more.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]How is this not a sticky? It could be a hugely important event for us as a club. Either murray presses on looking for a new owner without the hassle of paying off other directors ect.. or murray forms a new board with new directors as hinted here and who knows where that takes us, I don't think in my 20 years of being an addick we've had one sole owner, there's always been a chairman and a board, wasn't around for the gilkstien era. I don't know wether to be jumping for joy at the news or just keep it calm till we hear more.

jump with joy internally but remain seated and watch in anticipation and see where the cruise ship charlton fc docks next mate thats what i am going to do bud, do you want a sun lounger i will chuck a towel on the one next to me and get miguel to get us another beer and we can watch together
  • Options
    I like your moves nla..
  • Options
    just waiting for you to find the right holi bob pic adam

miguels just gone off to get us a bottle of dorrada
  • Options
    Ummm.... give us a sec on me mobs will switch to laptop.
  • Options
    goodman