Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Murray reaches agreement to assume full control

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Expalin

whay this is such good news we know RM has limited funds

personally i couldnt have wanted a better owner but what does it all mean and why is this better for potential owners

Some one any one expalin it simply

i'll try, but i don't totally understand it myself. as you know most of our debt was owned to the directors, who together controlled the club. well Murray has bought them out and, i guess, agreed a settlement over the debt owed to them. So Murray is now the majority shareholder and controls the club, plus he has settled the majority of our debt. meaning anyone now interested in buying the club doesn't have pay the £20m debt to the directors.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Expalin

whay this is such good news we know RM has limited funds

maybe he benefited from Celador's large settlement in the States over Who Wants to be a Millionaire. He was involved with Celador then and I read recently that Jaspar Carrot was going to pocket a very tidy sum (5m+) from it. He had said recently that his cupboard was bare so something must have cahanged.
  • Options
    Ta

what about the directors i feel we owe them a huge thanks and i hope they are still involved in some capacity
  • Options
    This is good news, I hope/think.

Not many better people I can think of wanting to run my club than Murray.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Ta

what about the directors i feel we owe them a huge thanks and i hope they are still involved in some capacity

I imagine a few of them may be appearing on this interim board under RM, perhaps in a non-executive capacity
  • Options
    It's official.

I LOVE MUZZA !!!!!

Agree totally with Henry...It's now down to us to do our bit starting with the seat cleaning operation. I'm putting my name forward now.
  • Options
    NLA, I don't know the answers and it doesn't sound like all our problems have gone just away but it sounds like we'll be a bit more stable and POTENTIALLY more likely to attract more investment.

As I said it raises more questions than it answers right now.

BTW Steve Kavanagh has said he'll come to Bromley Addicks in Sept. Can't imagine a big turnout with so little to ask him about :-
  • Options
    A very large thank you to all concerned in helping to stabilise the club and strengthen its future.
  • Options
    Great news this.

Has to be down to the US/global sell off rights to W.W.T.B.A.Millionaire (Celador) which Mr Murray will greatly benefit from.

Parky's first proper signing coming up, oo-er, let's hope he gets it right, as he has (in all fairness) with most of HIS acquisitions.
  • Options
    Big screen dying.
    Seat cleaning volunteers required
    Murray takes over

Not even a Thursday!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    would be interested to see what the new restructured debt level is and to whom, seems like good news though
  • Options
    http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=26732&headline=Chairman

Now on the SLP site, mentions it only being an agreement and there will be an extraordinary general meeting in August.
    CHARLTON chairman Richard Murray has agreed a deal to assume full control of the club.

Pending the consent of shareholders at an extraordinary general meeting in August, Murray will complete the buyout and take sole charge of the Addicks.
  • Options
    "I am very grateful to Derek Chappell, Sir Maurice Hatter, David Hughes, David Sumners, Steven Ward, David White and Bob Whitehand that, together with me, they have agreed to restructure and reduce the company debt, which in itself should make the club highly attractive to potential investors.

"This is a tremendous gesture on their part and I am grateful to each and every one of them for their past support and for the action they are taking now in the interests of the football club they all love.”

Restructure and reduce is not the same as write-off but that said "reduce" implies SOME level of write-off.

As ever the devil is in the detail but hopefully good news which will secure the future of our club.
  • Options
    Perhaps this is where Richard Murray has found his extra pennies -

http://www.dailymarkets.com/stock/2010/07/07/avesco-to-gain-50-mln-from-celadors-litigation-win-against-disney-update/
  • Options
    Great news, but shouldn't this be in the Takeover thread?
  • Options
    LargeAddick

Reams will be fuming !!

Ha ha Large, I just can't wait to see how he is going to spin this one!

Mr. Murray, I take my hat off to you, you are a legend in this club's history sir.
  • Options
    Has Richard got a shirt we can sponsor???

Big smiles! Big smiles!
  • Options
    I wonder if all the other chaps being out of the way could lead to a return of a certain ex-employee.

Murray and Varney anyone?

deja vu
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]"I am very grateful to Derek Chappell, Sir Maurice Hatter, David Hughes, David Sumners, Steven Ward, David White and Bob Whitehand that, together with me, they have agreed to restructure and reduce the company debt, which in itself should make the club highly attractive to potential investors.

"This is a tremendous gesture on their part and I am grateful to each and every one of them for their past support and for the action they are taking now in the interests of the football club they all love.”

Restructure and reduce is not the same as write-off but that said "reduce" implies SOME level of write-off.

As ever the devil is in the detail but hopefully good news which will secure the future of our club.

well, the others mentioned have written off some of their debt and sold the rest to RM. Whatever debt there is is now all his.
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/Sport.cfm?id=26732&headline=Chairman

Now on the SLP site, mentions it only being an agreement and there will be an extraordinary general meeting in August.
    CHARLTON chairman Richard Murray has agreed a deal to assume full control of the club.

Pending the consent of shareholders at an extraordinary general meeting in August, Murray will complete the buyout and take sole charge of the Addicks.

well, considering everyone involved has already agreed it it will hardly not get the consent it requires.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Just done a bit of digging around and noticed that a new company was formed on 16/7/2010 called Charlton Athletic 2010 Limited (Reg No 07317403). Its registered office is in Leeds. It has 2 shareholders; Michael Bold with an address in Cheshire and Sebastien Charles Sainsbury with an address in Geneva. Both of these people have only one other Directorship listed, a company called Caistorian Limited which also has a registered address in Leeds and was incorporated on the same date, 16/7/2010.

Sebastien Sainbury tried to buy Leeds in 2004.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I wonder if all the other chaps being out of the way could lead to a return of a certain ex-employee.

Murray and Varney anyone?

deja vu

wouldn't be at all surprised to see him invited onto the new Board. Will be a pretty small one I believe.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Big screen dying.
    Murray takes over

Not even a Thursday!

which are some of the questions raised.

Why no screen and 10 redundancies if we are entering a land of milk and honey?

Still plenty more to be revealed here.
  • Options
    Don't think it's going to be milk and honey by any stretch, maybe just enough to do some keyhole debt surgery and less than £250-500k for transfers/new wages
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    Murray takes over

Not even a Thursday!

Yes, Henry, we shouldn't get carried away at all by this. I don't believe that finances have suddenly taken a massive boost. I think that the path to investment has just been cleared.

• Options
    Well done Sherlock. What does this mean I wonder ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]"I am very grateful to Derek Chappell, Sir Maurice Hatter, David Hughes, David Sumners, Steven Ward, David White and Bob Whitehand that, together with me, they have agreed to restructure and reduce the company debt, which in itself should make the club highly attractive to potential investors.

well, the others mentioned have written off some of their debt and sold the rest to RM. Whatever debt there is is now all his.

I got the impression from reading the OS that shares had been sold, hence RM having sole control, but the loans to the (presumably) former directors remain albeit "restructured" and "reduced."

It does seem paradoxical that the big screen is off to the knackers yard and fans are being asked to clean seats if we are markedly better off.

I don't mean to be negative as I have the utmost respect for RM but I am puzzled.

It will all come out in the wash I guess.
  • Options
    Does Prick Nick Gray know

toss pot
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Why no screen and 10 redundancies if we are entering a land of milk and honey?
    Video confirming there is no land of milk and honey :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    Murray takes over

Not even a Thursday!

Who nicked my post?????

Yes, Henry, we shouldn't get carried away at all by this. I don't believe that finances have suddenly taken a massive boost. I think that the path to investment has just been cleared.

• Options
    I doubt I'll be able to make the EGM. Anyone I know want to be my proxy?

And yes I said PROXY ; - )