Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MK Dons vs. Charlton - Post Match Views

123457»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]coward for all you have stated if i had half of his ability i wouldn't have any of the above labelled at me.
    Perhaps he doesn't have as much ability as you think? He's no more talented than other Charlton player with all the weaknesses to his game, his poor finishing, his lack of movement, decison making, fitness etc. On form he'll put in a good cross, he's got some skill but not at an outstanding level. He's not actually lightning quick either.

There must be plenty of Championship wingers with that to their game, he's a good player when playing well for us but he's nothing out of the ordinary either.

I hoped he'd be more consistent but I don't see a huge talent there that should destroy this league, just like Bailey can't control the midfield with ease. He's not above League One so while I can agree he's underperformed at times, I never expected him to be too good for this league, because he simply isn't.
  • The pathetic number of goal attempts we've had recently should, surely, indicate that our central midfield are not creating chances for our forwards. As Uncle has pointed out Racon and Semedo are two defensive midfielders. It's all right saying forget pretty football and grind out results but we haven't exactly been brilliant at grinding out wins. Grinding out draws is no longer an option if we want to make automatic promotion.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Forster's post-match interview:

"Moons was on the penalties but I sort of said to him, you know can I have it, and he said OK"

Thank the good lord for that then!

confirmation that Parky doesn't have a brain. Giving Mooney penalty duties ...... jeez !!!

Have you seen Mooney take a penalty...Mmmmm thought not, so how would you or any of us know the value of your comment....he may be a terrific penalty taker for all you know. What a silly thing to say Large if I may say so.
    But then 'anything' to have a swipe at Parky is OK by you isn't it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]The pathetic number of goal attempts we've had recently should, surely, indicate that our central midfield are not creating chances for our forwards. As Uncle has pointed out Racon and Semedo are two defensive midfielders. It's all right saying forget pretty football and grind out results but we haven't exactly been brilliant at grinding out wins. Grinding out draws is no longer an option if we want to make automatic promotion.
    I wouldn't call Racon a defensive midfielder, but he's not an attacking one either in that he doesn't score or create many chances. He'll sit back more than Bailey or Shelvey but he still gets forward and he can't do Semedo's job as a purely defensive midfielder.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]The pathetic number of goal attempts we've had recently should, surely, indicate that our central midfield are not creating chances for our forwards. As Uncle has pointed out Racon and Semedo are two defensive midfielders. It's all right saying forget pretty football and grind out results but we haven't exactly been brilliant at grinding out wins. Grinding out draws is no longer an option if we want to make automatic promotion.
    I wouldn't call Racon a defensive midfielder, but he's not an attacking one either in that he doesn't score or create many chances. He'll sit back more than Bailey or Shelvey but he still gets forward and he can't do Semedo's job as a purely defensive midfielder.

Just can't resist can you? Singled out by many following his performance on Saturday - but you still manage a dig.
    Bet you're praying he's sh1t today.
  • well if you think that what Scoham just said is a dig, then i think you must struggle to find a sentence anywhere on the net that isn't.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]well if you think that what Scoham just said is a dig, then i think you must struggle to find a sentence anywhere on the net that isn't.

You're joking right?
  • is racon a defensive midfielder ? NO

does he score or create many? NO

he was busy as anything on saturday breaking up play and trying to start moves and had a very good game and long may it continue
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]is racon a defensive midfielder ? NO

does he score or create many? NO

he was busy as anything on saturday breaking up play and trying to start moves and had a very good game and long may it continue

Yeah, he put himself about and did a sound job, certainly earned his dough.