Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MK Dons vs. Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• quote# 50
    Where are the 15million posts calling for parkys head, sack the board, team are s***??? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO??????
    Doesn't quite feel like a Saturday anymore without getting to read all that drivel.

Well done to the team, game sounded quite exciting on the radio towards the end. Sounded like a good game to be at. Even Shelvey made a cameo, maybe not sold then, who knows.
    Lets hope we can have another win for my next away trip, Saints away

To be fair to our fans, Parky got a good reaction from the fans and there were a couple of songs for him. and that was before we scored.

It was a solid performance and a great result. we didn't threaten their goal much. Waggy and Mooney got in behind in the first half, but we didn't create huge amounts. Good to see jonjo get on the pitch, he looked up for it but the yellow card for lobbing the ball over their keeper when the whistle had gone was a bit of a shame. Not a massive deal though.

It was a weird day over all. The ground is set on a huge car park that it shares with an Asda, while on the other side there's just wasteland. Their fans were really quiet and hardly ever seemed to get excited. We started off pretty vocal, but we were seperated from their fans by big blocks of empty seats. That killed the atmosphere a bit. They didn't really react to any of the normal 'banter' you get at football matches.

Everything about the day was subdued and pretty sereal. It felt like a pre-season game at first.

Their players woke up after we scored and their supporters got a little more involved then. We had to soak up a lot of pressure from that point and were crying out for a big-lump target man to relieve the pressure.

I left the game thinking despite the problems Wimbledon used to have, why take a football club away from them to put it somewhere where the locals don't seem interested. The ground today was half full and they took about 150 to Gillingham last week. I thought the MK support would be much the same as you get anywhere else, but the whole thing just felt manufactured and sterile.

On the plus side... very comfortable seats!
  • i thought after we scored we almost fell apart sitting so deep literally trying to hang on for the last 25 mins ...
    jonjo was more comfortable on the ball when he came on than mooney and we did improve possession wise once he came on but he didn't have much time to make much difference imo .... if he isn't gonna play sam , i'd rather jonjo in front of wagstaff
  • Don't analyse it too much guys. We got the 3 points, that's all that matters.

Roll on carlisle, 3 points ther by hook or crook is all that matters now
  • Famous words from our leader on the OS:

"I think we have to apply ourselves mentally to go to the last minute of the last game."
  • one downside of the day was AFKA walking around the car park whilst a little sozzled talking to anyone that would listen in the hope of getting a lift to the station.Those poor MK dons fans what the hell did they do to deserve that.
  • A little sozzled? He was lagging
  • Four words.

I will take that.

p.s. Forster you may only have had 50 or so touches wearing our red, but that was certainly your most important. Vitaal win.
  • 3/4 hour walk should have sobered him up
  • i thought they'd laid on coaches to get the train travellers to the station or was afka too sloshed to get on the bus or did they refuse him entry to the bus cos he was so sozzled... what sort of example is he setting to us youngsters
  • http://www.youtube.com/user/cafcfan321?feature=mhw5

Some videos i done from todays game
  • Sponsored links:

• It did. And no fugger would give us a lift.

Just left russ and toying between kebab and chinese. Happy days !
  • What was the Dutch coach about?
  • JTJT
    edited April 2010
    Was stood directly behind the drummer. Can't have been older than 14, fair play to him

Lot of love for JJ today hope unc was there.

Lalalalala la la
  • looking at cafcfan's video you can see there were plenty of verbals/gamesmanship from the mk dons's players directed at forster before he tucked the penalty away ... great stuff under intense pressure
  • Noticed that at the time oohaah but more so on the video.

Class shines through, the ability to treat that moment like you are taking a penalty in training.

I'd put my house on the likes of Forster and Burton to convert pens in any play-off/final game situation.
  • Excellent 3 points today and an excellent pub called the Red Lion in Fenny Stratford (20 mins walk from the ground).

MOM Randolph.
  • Re: my comments on Shelvey. I wasnt saying he didnt do ok when he came on.

I thought the booking for carrying on after the whistle had gone was stupid. I also think he was lucky not to get a 2nd yellow right near the end. He didnt win a good tackle because the ref gave a foul, it was right infront of me and in an area of the pitch where the tackle wasnt needed. The look on his face said it all. He looked worried.

As I have already said youthful exuberance. Obviously some cant be arsed to read that comment and just seize an opportunity to jump down someones throat....
  • the referee did not give a foul at all.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]It did. And no fugger would give us a lift.

Just left russ and toying between kebab and chinese. Happy days !

he doesn't toy he has both !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited April 2010
    really huge 3 points

i listened to it on radio and it sounded like randolph could have gotten MOM. Racon and Semedo did a really good job of controlling the midfield. its nice to hear racon having a decent game. im excited for the match on monday v carlisle.
  • Sponsored links:

• JTJT
    edited April 2010
    Few pics from today; Last one came out superb.

imag0267.jpg
    imag0277j.jpg
    imag0271u.jpg
    imag0274.jpg
    imag0273a.jpg

imag0279.jpg
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Was stood directly behind the drummer. Can't have been older than 14, fair play to him

Lalalalala la la

Must have been in front of me, i Was two rows behind him next to the netting
  • [cite]Posted By: wwaddickson[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Was stood directly behind the drummer. Can't have been older than 14, fair play to him

Lalalalala la la

Must have been in front of me, i Was two rows behind him next to the netting

In fact, i think thats my head in the third photo
  • Looks like the 4 points we nicked late on from Swindon might come in handy come the end of the season
  • [cite]Posted By: wwaddickson[/cite]

LMAO!
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: wwaddickson[/cite]

LMAO!

Hard to tell if its your own scalp sometimes!
  • [cite]Posted By: craigcafc[/cite]Looks like the 4 points we nicked late on from Swindon might come in handy come the end of the season

That's a good point youmake, Craig.

Swindle Town would now be on 77 points, 5 points clear in 2nd place, if it hadn't been for our last gasp equalisers in both the matches.
  • edited April 2010
    I couldn't make it up there today which was a shame as I'd marked this one down as a must see game. To make things worse, I got stuck in Bromley and by the time I got home I only managed to catch the last ten minutes of the first half. But as I turned the radio on... oh what a delight to my ears! "Racon embodies the spirit of Charlton's game" was one quote that stuck in my mind. Physical, hard and determined. Heroic goal keeping was another.

I couldn't sit still, pacing around the room, biting my nails, hellish it was. And then we got the penalty. And then we didn't get in MK's half for 10 minutes.

All this just from listening from the radio, what the hell am I going to be like on Monday?
    COYRs
  • Great result, nothing special performance-wise but did enough and I'm very happy with the 3 points, taking into account this weekend's results and the situation at the top of the table too.

Agree with the pre-season friendly type atmosphere, but thought the stadium was pretty decent, well laid out with good views and nice, cushy, wide-arse seats. I wonder when they're gonna finish the rest of the ground though?!
  • i thought our fans were really good, never stopped singing really :)