Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MK Dons vs. Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Great ground out three points, something we haven't really managed to do in a few years, let alone this season.

Couple of changes I really feel have contributed to the past couple of games and the 'turn-around':

1. Elliot's injury ----> Randolph in goal: we've conceded just once in the past two games which is a major change to the run we have been having, one away at Huddersfield who are known for scoring goals freely. I can't see how anything other than the new goalkeeper has contributed to this.

2. Bailey's injury ----> Racon & Semedo: I started to feel that Bailey was, being our captain, the only 'undroppable' player in our first XI. He'd become a bit sloppy recently however and I was glad the change was forced upon Parkinson. Racon and Semedo were consistently picked out by the commentators today for having great games and I'm hopeful that when Bailey is fit he isn't forced back into the team at the expense of either of these two as they look to be developing a good understanding in the middle of the pitch.
  • [cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]Could everyone who's been saying Racon is sh1t for the past 4 weeks, please sign in below. Thanks.
    Erm he hasn't been playing well though? One performance doesn't prove anything. Can argue he's a poor player or just inconsistent, but no one can say he's performed as much as they hoped/expected for most of the season. We need more from him and today we've got that, will we Monday and for the rest of the season though? I'm not convinced.
  • we keep this starting line up oggy and we might do it. happy days
  • 4 points away from home without our two top scorers? Bloody good effort.
  • well deserved.
  • A great time to put three points on the board, wouldn't be looking that good if we had only came away with another point, but this win could be the start of a run that takes us up in an auto position. Follow up on Monday and we could get on a roll ............... I just have a feeling that Forster is going to pop up with a few important goals before the season is out.
  • Well done to the players, doesn't sound like we were inspiring but against most league one teams you just have to remain compact.

Callum did you go to either Huddersfield or MK? Fair enough if you did, and it's a fair opinnion but not quite Incontrovertible as you put it. I'm pleased Randolph is playing well, and whilst it's good Racon had a stand out game I'd say generally they're rarer than his bad ones. On one point I think Bailey would operate much better on the right with Richardson behind, Richardson's pace allows Bailey to go tight without too much worry about the effect of the midfield width narrowing.
  • Well chuffed, we are back in the mixer.

We have to play Leeds, Norwich and Colchester at home, so we are still in control of our season.

We need to get 3 points against at home on Monday, obviously. I agree that you shouldnt change a winning team but i think he might opt to go with Sam over Waggy.
  • [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]On one point I think Bailey would operate much better on the right with Richardson behind, Richardson's pace allows Bailey to go tight without too much worry about the effect of the midfield width narrowing.
    With Wagstaff not doing much when he starts and Sam not playing well (when he was starting a few games ago) I think that's something Parky should really consider. As long as Reid is available of course.
  • Great result, fantastic support, all the results have gone in our favour
  • Sponsored links:

• Just as important is that Oldham beat the Gills and have moved up to 17th, we don't want Oldham having to win their last game...............
  • I'll admit that no I haven't been to either game. I based what I said on what I had seen of Bailey before his injury and what the commentators have said of Racon and Semedo today.
  • If Deon is fit he comes in for Mooney. Poor today. Shelvey was lucky to stay on. Needless booking and then jumped in near their corner flag. We went far too deep at 1-0. Pat on the back for Parky. The switch to 4-5-1 was the right move. Neither winger was involved at all. Wagstaff hasnt taken the chance he has been given and if fit I'd replace him with Bailey. The result today is far more important than the performance.
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Shelvey was lucky to stay on. Needless booking and then jumped in near their corner flag.
    Trying too hard?
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Shelvey was lucky to stay on. Needless booking and then jumped in near their corner flag.
    Trying too hard?

I'll put it down to the exuberence of youth. He was a lucky boy though.
  • 5 to 6 and only just found the station.

Strange area, strange ground, surreal day.

Got 3 points, all that mattered. Tight, largely nothing game played in what largely seemed a pre-season atmosphere. Could have gone either way, but nicked it.

Got to follow it up now
  • Great to see the team preform well despite a successful boycott! Despite hating the place I think I'll give Southampton a go now.

Oooahh's percentages should have automatic being higher than missing the playoffs.
  • YES, GET IN!
  • Where are the 15million posts calling for parkys head, sack the board, team are s***??? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO??????
    Doesn't quite feel like a Saturday anymore without getting to read all that drivel.

Well done to the team, game sounded quite exciting on the radio towards the end. Sounded like a good game to be at. Even Shelvey made a cameo, maybe not sold then, who knows.
    Lets hope we can have another win for my next away trip, Saints away
  • successful boycot?
  • Sponsored links:

• 15 million Posts Sack the Board

First gig for 15PSTB, in the Antigallican tonight.

On Waggy, I think he still has a part to play coming off the bench especially gainst teams like Carlisle.
  • Just got home.

Probably the least intimidating stadium you will ever go to, though it looks quite nice.

Randolph made a few good stops, but needs to learn to catch a ball instead of punching it.

Racon my MotM, kept breaking up play, and when he got the ball was sueful with it. Sodje and Daily did well today, pretty much won everything in the air which was pleasing.

All in we got a much needed win so happy.
  • Cracking win for you lot.

Looks like it will be a very good end to the League One season from an outsider point of view.
  • Dond reaction

http://www.mkdons.com/page/MatchReaction/0,,10420~2014225,00.html
  • Massive three points. Must follow this up with another 3 points on monday.
  • edited April 2010
    DOES ANYONE KNOW IF OAKY WHITE IS OK? HE'S NOT BEEN ON GIVING US UPDATES FOR A WEE WHILE.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]successful boycot?[/quote]
    Seen the picture of the away end? Looks very empty.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]successful boycot?
    Seen the picture of the away end? Looks very empty.
    Not really...

http://snapshot.orange.co.uk/cgvhzd
  • Big 3 points today,another 3 monday. Lets make the valley a fortress again
    and we have done it!
  • Where are Parkys post match comments? PARKY OUT (someone had to...)!

Interview Bingo:
    Hard work
    Win Ugly
    Forster's experience