Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MK Dons vs. Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]I think that Parky has a problem...

Called lack of a brain.

Let's hope we can follow this up wiht a decent performance on Monday,

Results are great and all, but 3 shots on target every 2 games isnt going to get us many more points.

Having spoken to Parky on more than one occasion it is definitely not he who has a lack of a brain.

3 shots in 2 games will actually get us many more points if we continue to defend as a team as we did in those same 2 matches.

We played the top scorers at home who were 7th (now 6th) and only let in 1 goal & drew the game.

We then win at the 9th placed team without conceding.

You may be right you may be wrong, but either way it's nothing to do with Parky's lack of a brain.
  • edited April 2010
    I agree with most of the posters in general.

One thing I'd mention, which I don't believe anyone has said, was how the introduction of Sam changed the game.

When he replaced (the ineffective again) Waggy on 59 mins, I thought the whole tempo of the game picked up and we actually started to look dangerous and we started to run at them.

6 mins later we got the penalty & winning goal.

Waggy must revert to the bench I'm afraid.

By all means try Bailey on the right, but if not him it has to be Sam in place of Waggy (despite the frustrations with Lloyd Sam).
  • edited April 2010
  • Not many people would be willing to admit that CE but let's face facts, Lloyd is a better footballer than Scott.
  • i was there yesterday please tell me how, thank feck there is only one lloyd sam changed the game ?
  • edited April 2010
    If you listen/speak to the away fans they generally say our best players are Bailey, Sam, Burton & Shelvey. They can't all be wrong and they are not prejudiced like us, who all have our favourites and non favourites.

NB Randolph has been excellent in all 3 games and must retain his place, until he loses it on merit (if he does).
  • i go away lloyd sam hides,waggy didn't do much yesterday,but sam didn't change the game.Our midfield got on the ball more in the second half.For christ sake don't fool yourself,and wss don't start listening to the bull crap
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]i was there yesterday please tell me how, thank feck there is only one lloyd sam changed the game ?

Sam picked up the tempo of the game and made the whole game faster, by running at the opposition, which Waggy didn't do yesterday or at Hudds (except for the last 10 mins at Hudds, when he then crossed the ball off the pitch both times).

I bet if you asked any Championship or League 1 Manager who they could have on a free transfer and the same wages the vast majority would choose Sam not Waggy.

NB I wouldn't expect otherwise Sam is an experienced pro and Waggy has still only played a dozen games from the start and is also not strong enough.

Sam is a very good player, his failing imo is that he doesn't cross the ball quicker and over elaborates (much like a lot of wingers I give you Jerome Thomas for example).
  • well every time time they sing lloyd sam there's only one loyd sam i will sing

THANK FUCK THETRE 'S ONLY ONE LLOYD SAM

COZ WE HAVE A PLAYER IN JONJO WHO IS 3 TIMES ABETTER PLAYER WHO DONT GET A REGULAR GAME
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]i go away lloyd sam hides,waggy didn't do much yesterday,but sam didn't change the game.Our midfield got on the ball more in the second half.For christ sake don't fool yourself,and wss don't start listening to the bull crap

I don't disagree that Sam "hides" pretty much all wingers do - that's why they are wingers and not ball winning central midfielders.

However, he gets more involved than Waggy and is a better player (from the start, Waggy is an effective sub).
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]well every time time they sing lloyd sam there's only one loyd sam i will sing

THANK FUCK THETRE 'S ONLY ONE LLOYD SAM

COZ WE HAVE A PLAYER IN JONJO WHO IS 3 TIMES ABETTER PLAYER WHO DONT GET A REGULAR GAME

Well, you seem to be changing the discussion now from Wagstaff to Shelvey ?

Shelvey, if he reaches his full potential will obviously be our best player. However, he hasn't reached that yet and for some reason he has not been as effective this season as last and I'm taliking about when he has played (obviously he can't be effective when he hasn't played). He looked good yesterday.
  • to tell you truth mate i dont care anymore the 20 mins jonjo was on the pitch yesterday,the boy has to play
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]to tell you truth mate i dont care anymore the 20 mins jonjo was on the pitch yesterday,the boy has to play

I don't mind playing 4-5-1 with Shelvey replacing Mooney.
  • NB I've now just read the CL player ratings thread and not one person has rated Waggy a higher score than Sam, so I'm not alone in thinking Sam was better than Waggy.
  • tally ho for you , sam is a coward for his performances this season
  • Sam DID make a difference, as soon as he came on MK stopped doubling up on Reid because now they had yto try and deal with two flanks, and personally I agree Sam's end product is variable in quality, on average it is still far better than Waggy's, on the other hand I would say Wagstaffs better at shooting (yesterday's scuff aside). Wagstaff has a place for sure, but at the moment I would say that place is the bench, coming on as an impact sub.
  • laters cant be bovered
  • WSSWSS
    edited April 2010
    Come on Steve mate, I've been to plenty of games this season and if I had to choose anyone on the right wing to play it would be Sam. Believe me, he frustrates me so much but you just need to look at his involvement in the goals we have scored to show we're better with him in the team rather than not.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]tally ho for you , sam is a coward for his performances this season

Congratulations - that makes the top 10 for the most stupid Charlton player related statement this season.

Ineffective at times, can go missing, doesn't cross early enough, should score more goals. But coward ?
  • coward for all you have stated if i had half of his ability i wouldn't have any of the above labelled at me.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]coward for all you have stated if i had half of his ability i wouldn't have any of the above labelled at me.

Fair enough, but if that's your definition of a coward, then nearly every player is a coward at some point. I'll leave it there.
  • ok we'll beg to differ
  • THANK FUCK THETRE 'S ONLY ONE LLOYD SAM

Doesn't really rhyme though does it Steve?
  • sam has not even done it in this league,he has been dropped because of hes awful hiding perfomances,apparently was making friends with a mk don player for 20 mins instead of warming up saturday,everything that is wrong with our club.
  • Forster's post-match interview:

"Moons was on the penalties but I sort of said to him, you know can I have it, and he said OK"

Thank the good lord for that then!
  • My only concern with semedo and racon in the middle of midfield is they are both doing one persons job. There will be such a small attacking element to the game we will have to rely on the odd penalty to score. We need someone creative or attacking as well as defensive. And before everyone starts saying i'm only saying it because of jonjo just look at the stats and see how many goals racon and semedo have scored or created between them. One definsive midfielder is ok at times but two is ridiculous.
  • Thought I saw Mooney looking as if he would take the pen, ISLS ! And was glad he was feeling generous...

Like a few others on here, I hate to hear the stick that our Dave gets from our "supporters". Alan Shearer he's not but as a friend said, he's still learning his trade after the step up from non league . Same friend ( ex Hammer stalwart who saw the light a few seasons back) compares him to Zamora when he was starting out...and commented after the final whistle on his pass to Forster which resulted in the pen. Would be nice to hear his detractors acknowledge that.

It was good to see an unchanged team take the field although I agree that Waggy should be on the bench & used as an impact player. For the ideal midfield...perm 4 from 6 but can't get away from the successful Racon /Semedo partnership. It worked early season & it's doing it again. For me, Racon is growing in confidence & stature match by match now and is LOVIN' it ! You could see how "made up" he was at the end on Saturday..

All we need now is to keep the defence strong and win by the odd goal - far more important than the overall performance at this stage - and the confidence the players have in each other will blossom.

Oh, and it would be good to hear that the virus doing the rounds in Milton Keynes has made it's way south to the New Den and the County Ground.
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Forster's post-match interview:

"Moons was on the penalties but I sort of said to him, you know can I have it, and he said OK"

Thank the good lord for that then!

confirmation that Parky doesn't have a brain. Giving Mooney penalty duties ...... jeez !!!
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]My only concern with semedo and racon in the middle of midfield is they are both doing one persons job. There will be such a small attacking element to the game we will have to rely on the odd penalty to score. We need someone creative or attacking as well as defensive. And before everyone starts saying i'm only saying it because of jonjo just look at the stats and see how many goals racon and semedo have scored or created between them. One definsive midfielder is ok at times but two is ridiculous.

Completely agree. We've got two very pacey wingers and a striker who's a proven scorer but who's going to play them in? Semedo offers nothing going forward, Bailey when fit is box to box but isn't creative and Racon despite by all accounts a decent game on Saturday has a worrying habit of going missing when it doesn't go his way. I really hope Racon raises his game and kickstarts a run but my gut says Jonjo should be playing in his position.
  • It does not look like Jonjo is going to get into the starting XI unless there are injuries.

Forster is obviously going to play as one of two strikers - you can't expect a 36 year-old to play up front by himself - which means that he will be partnered by Mooney/Sodje/Burton.

That means that Jonjo will have to win a centre-midfield slot and he is behind Semedo, Racon and Bailey at the moment.

It looks like Parky is - quite understandably - putting the early season pretty football to one side and is now going to try and grind out wins.