Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MK Dons vs. Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• really got to build on the last 2 weeks and move forward now, ...its not over till the fat chairman sings...
  • Weird how MK Dons didn't get going until they were a goal down. Randalph did some great saves but made a few dodgy punches. He earned a new contract today. Loved it when Shelvey came on and suddenly we kept the ball. Thought Borrowdale played a very steady game on the left.
    How come the ref allowed their player about 3 minutes to sit on the pitch to put his shoe back on?
  • edited April 2010
    Also noticed an injured player of theres down for a minute or two, then jumped up and played on - didn't get asked to leave field of play at all? Hmm.. might have been same incident but ref didn't seem too bothered to have a breather while players got seen to, or done their laces.

Borrowdale was hoofing a bit much but I'm not complaining, we won, kept a clean sheet, away from home.

Randolph or Semedo motm.
  • edited April 2010
    The stadium really didn't feel like a football stadium, least intimidating ground I think you will ever go to, unless they somehow manage a sell out of MK fans that won't change
  • edited April 2010
    Can we not limit the 'post match review' threads to those who actually went? Rather than trawl through a first page (and more) of opinions/verbal diarrhoea from people who have just seen final score/listened to commentary? Or set up another thread for this purpose? Just so those of us who didn't go could get some first hand reports, like?

And as for those posts re Racon - One (apparently) decent game after god knows how many awful ones makes things OK does it? Get a grip.
  • Oi Parky...Just keep Mooney off the pitch and let Shelvey have his spot. I reckon he will link up well with Forster. I've also thought that Racon and Semedo would work together. Both of them are so confident with having the ball and should they loose it they both work hard to retrieve it back. More importantly, we put it a good team performance and seem to be regaining that confidence we so vitally need to take into the play offs.
  • Re: Racon. To those posters who snipe at those of us who have criticised him over the last few weeks, do you really think that we don't want him to be good? Do you really think that we don't want him to play at the top of his game and boss the midfield and lay on wonderful passes that lead to goals that win us games? Do you really think we aren't happy to hear that he has had a good game? Of course we're happy. Of course we want him to play well. Like you, we want the best for CAFC. But that doesn't mean that we have to lose all sense of what represents a good performance or not. And for many games now, Racon has been under-performing and contributing little to the team. If he was good yesterday - great! I hope he keeps it up for the rest of the season and beyond.
  • Well said Nadou
  • Agree with Nadou. No-one's saying Racon is a bad player, we were saying he's been playing badly. Hopefully he keeps it up, outside Shelvey and possibly Sam he is probably the most talented player in the squad.
  • It has come across at times like Racon has been unfairly picked out for not being at his best these last few months, he hasnt been - but who has? The same hasnt been repeatedly said of other players who have been equally poor, or worse. Glad he had a good game.

Great result, doesnt matter how we get them now - just need the points.
  • Sponsored links:

• Was a good day, cheers dan and rich. Milton keynes is just odd. Didn't find the little village or the sex shop... ended up in the enigma... thought it was going to be a topless bar with a name like that... turned out to be a carvery... still stunning barmaid. Great atmosphere in the little concrete bar pre and half time. Was like a testimonial. Also did you see the size of that dominoes by the ground... crikey!
  • I think Racon may get it worse because unlike some players he is talented and skilfull as opposed to a hardworking clogger. Its more annoying from him because he is capable of so much more whereas the likes of (for example) Llera are never going to be particularly brilliant.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Se12Addick[/cite]It has come across at times like Racon has been unfairly picked out for not being at his best these last few months, he hasnt been - but who has? The same hasnt been repeatedly said of other players who have been equally poor, or worse.

If he has received more criticism, it is because he has more potential. It is annoying and frustrating to see a player who could do so much, doing so little. You can't criticize other players who, after watching them for some time, you realize are not very good. Racon is not like that. My additional frustration with him as a player is that, for all his skill, he scores extremely rarely and does not provide sufficient assists. I look forward to tomorrow to seeing him being a really creative force - we certainly need someone who will lay on chances for our forwards, since our wingers don't do that often enough.
  • I wasn't at MK but was at Hudds. Could it be that both Racon & Semedo play better when they are partnering each other in central midfield as they started that way this season and are now back togther again?????
  • nail on head lancs lad
  • [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]Re: Racon. To those posters who snipe at those of us who have criticised him over the last few weeks, do you really think that we don't want him to be good? Do you really think that we don't want him to play at the top of his game and boss the midfield and lay on wonderful passes that lead to goals that win us games? Do you really think we aren't happy to hear that he has had a good game? Of course we're happy. Of course we want him to play well. Like you, we want the best for CAFC. But that doesn't mean that we have to lose all sense of what represents a good performance or not. And for many games now, Racon has been under-performing and contributing little to the team. If he was good yesterday - great! I hope he keeps it up for the rest of the season and beyond.
    like what your saying Nadou.

Sounds to me like the racon semedo thing works better without bailey in the squad! IMO best possible squad for the next game would be

randy
    rich---dail---sodje---anyfit LB
    sam---semedo---racon---Reid
    shelvey
    Forster
  • [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]Re: Racon. To those posters who snipe at those of us who have criticised him over the last few weeks, do you really think that we don't want him to be good? Do you really think that we don't want him to play at the top of his game and boss the midfield and lay on wonderful passes that lead to goals that win us games? Do you really think we aren't happy to hear that he has had a good game? Of course we're happy. Of course we want him to play well. Like you, we want the best for CAFC. But that doesn't mean that we have to lose all sense of what represents a good performance or not. And for many games now, Racon has been under-performing and contributing little to the team. If he was good yesterday - great! I hope he keeps it up for the rest of the season and beyond.

What he said.

I want every player wearing that red shirt to play to his maximum potential because I want CAFC to finish as high as possible and hopefully gain promotion.

Racon has more inherent ability than others in the side who get slated yet give their all.

I only criticise those who disappear during games and don't give 90 minutes. If Racon played for the whole game (I wasn't there so cannot say) then good on him and more please!
  • 2el8u92.jpg

This was 20 mins before kick off yesterday.
  • I think that Parky has a problem...

Semedo and racon bring the best out of each other...

even from the commentary it was clear we were much more solid....

Parkys problem.. can he say no to bailey coming back in...

Or maybe have bailey on the right???
  • [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Se12Addick[/cite]It has come across at times like Racon has been unfairly picked out for not being at his best these last few months, he hasnt been - but who has? The same hasnt been repeatedly said of other players who have been equally poor, or worse.

If he has received more criticism, it is because he has more potential. It is annoying and frustrating to see a player who could do so much, doing so little. You can't criticize other players who, after watching them for some time, you realize are not very good. Racon is not like that. My additional frustration with him as a player is that, for all his skill, he scores extremely rarely and does not provide sufficient assists. I look forward to tomorrow to seeing him being a really creative force - we certainly need someone who will lay on chances for our forwards, since our wingers don't do that often enough.

Is he your favourite player now Nadou?
    It's OK, I won't tell Jonjo.
  • Sponsored links:

• If fit Bailey has to play. He brings an attacking dimension and goals. Waggy struggled so if fit bring in Bailey for the right hand side.
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]I think that Parky has a problem...

Called lack of a brain.

Let's hope we can follow this up wiht a decent performance on Monday,

Results are great and all, but 3 shots on target every 2 games isnt going to get us many more points.
  • All I was suggesting earlier on in the thread was that if it seems to have got us points over the last two games that we didn't expect to get then we shouldn't be changing the team around, no matter who is back to full fitness.

I agree that Racon hasn't been great recently, but we can't just drop him if he has a good game for a player who also hadn't been playing particularly brilliant himself.
  • >>>I only criticise those who disappear during games and don't give 90 minutes.

That's how it should be, re Mooney - when REGARDLESS OF ABILITY OR OUTCOME he has been putting in a great deal more effort in than at least half the team in the last couple of months ... the abuse he gets is absolutely SHOCKING. While others get off scot free. Has always been this way with our fans tho - See Kish, Hughes, Kim Grant booed and chanted at "OFF OFF OFF" when he missed that sitter against Notts County when we were about 3 up....
  • I dont think Racon has received any unfair criticism. He has received criticism for being an attacking midfielder who hasn't up to now looked like creating or scoring enough to justify his defensive fragility. If he ups his level for the rest of the season then great.

Mooney is unfortunate in that everyone realises that his inclusion means that Shelvey wont be playing and we will be sticking with the 442 that has seen us limp along for the past few months. I honestly beleive this is why he is getting so much grief, not really fair on him as he always gives 100% but you can see the logic in it.
  • I don't think Parky will approach a home game in the same way as the past 2 away games. At Hudds, and I assume MK, he played a team not to loose and possibly nick a win. The home game against Carlisle will be different and I guess Parky will make changes if the likes of Burton and Bailey are fit.
  • [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]If fit Bailey has to play. He brings an attacking dimension and goals. Waggy struggled so if fit bring in Bailey for the right hand side.

i'd agree with my namesake here, sounds like racon & semedo are playing well together so if fit put him RM please!

As for the picture posted by nichrob 'Where is everybody/anybody?' lol
  • Oh yeah on the racon front, has not received half as much as mooney & sam whether deserved or not. always seems to be the most skillful or the once who are more talented always get the stick when they are not performing like shelvey does to its shame but thats football for you
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite][quote
    Is he your favourite player now Nadou?
    It's OK, I won't tell Jonjo.[/quote]

;-) Absolutely not. I'd prefer to see Jonjo in his place - a much more talented and creative player.
  • Racon is a good player who until perhaps yesterday had been playing below par. Shelvey had looked lost earlier in the season, but made great strides in his team contribution (Wycombe away is a good case in point), but was then dropped. Ironically one of Racons best performances was earlier in the season when he played wide left (forget who against), but he did a moody and was then dropped, eventually to be re-instated in the middle. In the meantime we had the odd occasion when Bailey was played on the left, he didn't do a moody, but everybody agreed he is better in the middle, and Basey was also employed in the 'difficult left hand side area'.
    Finally we get a Sam type player in Kyel Reid and the left gets sorted, leaving Bailey, Semedo, Racon, Shelvey and Spring to see who plays in the middle....this has led to a sacrifice of one of the wide blokes (Sam or Reid), and we have been easier to stop if you double up on the one remaining tricky winger. The plan B employed at the end against MK Dons is two tricky wingers and Akpo to aim at as the battering ram.
    If Racon had had the grace to play wide left for half a dozen matches, and gave it his best shot, we may have been more successful during the 'indifferent' spell before and after Christmas.
    I would certainly want to make use of Shelvey as much as possible, the recent absence of Bailey has made that easier for Parkinson...the problem will arise when Bailey is available again.