Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MK Dons vs. Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]successful boycot?
    Seen the picture of the away end? Looks very empty.
    Not really...

http://snapshot.orange.co.uk/cgvhzd

1800 - 2000 away fans. Boycott?.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]
    Not really...

So successful that the upper tiers doesn't even have any seats, let alone fans!

2k sounds successful when you factor in how close it is and the new ground factor.
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]
    Not really...

1800 - 2000 away fans. Boycott?.

Exactly! Pretty good following today, but impossible to get any atmosphere going in that souless stadium. (Altough was very impressed with the stadium itself.)
  • Only created two chances in the whole game...both first half (but guess that's two more than last week!) Bloke was daft lunging in for the penalty and it was really well taken by Forster. Very little creativity with both wingers having poor games but definitely looking better at the back with Sodje playing well today. Having said that, Randolph was the main difference between winning and losing....very impressive for the 3rd week running and good on him. Semedo was very good and Racon didn't do badly although neither looks like creating much. Forster yet to have a shot (or even the chance of a shot) from open play because the service has been so bad. Anyway, shows what can happen if you keep clean sheets and we now need to keep another one on Monday. PS: Good to see Shelvey again and he made a bit of a difference when he came on. He moved intelligently and looked technically a cut above his team mates. Maybe time to rest Mooney and Wagstaff and give Shelvey and Sam another go.
  • Have to agree with what midlife said can all the people who have been getting on Racon's back please sign in, he was outstanding today and I hope he keeps these performances coming. Not doubt about he is Championship material at least!
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    2k sounds successful when you factor in how close it is and the new ground factor

I'd say it was a total failure, only would have got another 2/300 I reckon if it wasnt for the history of MK.
  • I'm blatently going to get crucified for this, but think Mooney had an ok game. He created the penalty, holding the ball up well and putting a really nice pass through to Forster who was brought down. People were getting on his back today as per, for no real reason, and didn't like the cheering when he was subbed. Bloody stupid. But all this has been done to death a thousand times so I'll leave it there!
    Racon was outstanding today, between him and Randolph for MOTM for me. We're still not creating enough chances though, and there was zero productivity from our wingers which worries me. But we got the win which is all that matters and we didn't crumble at the back like we've seen time and time again. Win on Monday and things will be looking very rosey!
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    2k sounds successful when you factor in how close it is and the new ground factor

I'd say it was a total failure, only would have got another 2/300 I reckon if it wasnt for the history of MK.

Nail on head. A few posters on here not going on principle (and that is their perogative) does not constitute a successful boycott.
  • Good win, didnt create many chances although Randy kept us in. Cracking out the beer now and having a nice relax :)
  • Reid was double marked for the whole game by the way.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]If Deon is fit he comes in for Mooney. Poor today. Shelvey was lucky to stay on. Needless booking and then jumped in near their corner flag. We went far too deep at 1-0. Pat on the back for Parky. The switch to 4-5-1 was the right move. Neither winger was involved at all. Wagstaff hasnt taken the chance he has been given and if fit I'd replace him with Bailey. The result today is far more important than the performance.

do me a favour mate for fecks sake, we looked a more potent force when jonjo came on he didn't dive in and won a good tackle.
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Just got home.

Probably the least intimidating stadium you will ever go to, though it looks quite nice.

Randolph made a few good stops, but needs to learn to catch a ball instead of punching it.

Racon my MotM, kept breaking up play, and when he got the ball was sueful with it. Sodje and Daily did well today, pretty much won everything in the air which was pleasing.

You are watching a different game mate RANDOLPH was superb,to say he should learn to catch it he will when it's catchable.He made 3 maybe 4 good punches when if he tried to catch it may have resulted in him dropping it, or would you prefer he caught like ELLIOTT did in the last minute at Norwich, ( SHAKES HIS HEAD IN COMPLETE UTTER DISBELIEF,MADE A FEW GOOD STOPS HE WON US THE BLOODY MATCH MAN)

All in we got a much needed win so happy.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]If Deon is fit he comes in for Mooney. Poor today. Shelvey was lucky to stay on. Needless booking and then jumped in near their corner flag. We went far too deep at 1-0. Pat on the back for Parky. The switch to 4-5-1 was the right move. Neither winger was involved at all. Wagstaff hasnt taken the chance he has been given and if fit I'd replace him with Bailey. The result today is far more important than the performance.

do me a favour mate for fecks sake, we looked a more potent force when jonjo came on he didn't dive in and won a good tackle.

Agreed Steve. Shocked to read that. At no point did I ever think Jonjo was lucky to stay on the pitch.
  • my dad said shelvey played well when he came on,said was needed to get some quality to the forwards.
  • edited April 2010
    Great performance. Great result. Total professional job done.

Randolph, Racon & Semedo, Dailly and Forster all take bows... 100% from all of you and for different reasons, each of you meant that without your contribution we wouldn't have got the three points today.

Shelvey had a very lively, intelligent cameo and played up to the fans well.

However, he got booked for playing on after an offside (no problems with him doing that as it was worth it) but did dive in afterwards, more through desire and commitment than anything nasty, and I really thought he was going to go as all day the ref had been dying to remind everyone he was the centre of attention. Got a bit of luck there, not a dig, saying it how I saw it.
  • JONJO MAKES SUCH A DIFFERENCE HE DOESN'T SHAT HIMSELF WHEN HE HAS THE BALL AT HIS FEET.
  • have to agree with Simonsen - although Semedo & Racon had great games, we still have no creativity in midfield and for two weeks running the strikers have had scraps to feed from. 3 shots from 2 games isn't going to get you promotion.

When Bailey & Burton are fit they HAVE to play - Burton for Mooney and (for home games) Bailey for Semedo -away from home maybe sacrifice Racon instead. Sam should now come in for Waggy (who should be used as a impact player with 15 mins to go)
  • too true steve he's got that wonderful quality only the best have. he has two seconds on the ball but makes it look like five. especially without Burton at the moment, he is crucial to us holding the ball up and having a bit of guile, as is Forster to a lesser extent.
  • To be honest whatever anyone says rightly or wrongly about not changing a winning team etc

the fact is, Burton and Bailey walk back into that XI as soon as the medical staff give the ok
  • edited April 2010
    Thought all 11 starters & 3 substitutes made decent contributions today, although Waggy did struggle to get into the game. Until he gets a bit stronger I would use him as an impact sub. The back 4 & Randolph all had excellent games. I thought Dailly led well and he was backed up faultlessly by Sam Sodje. Racon & Semedo controlled a decent amount of midfield and Reid kept going despite being double marked all game. Mooney and Forster battled throughout despite a lack of service from the wings and a few too many hoofed balls. Shelvey looked good when he came on & Sam & Akpo put in good stints too. It was a very good battling performance against a determined and fired up MK Dons. Now we need to repeat the performance on Monday.

The stadium was soulless but very comfortable with great padded seats and oceans of legroom even for my 6'3". All in all a very enjoyable day out.
  • Sponsored links:

• what peed me off was we had mooney & forster up front who want the ball at their feet and richardson ( who i think is getting worse & worse we every game he plays) & borrowdale just lumped it up in the air.For me Jonjo has to play in this team wherever, waggy got digged by lewington in the first 10 mins and didn't fancy it after that.
  • edited April 2010
    Agreed, too many lumped up balls to the front two...which might be OK if Burton is on the park.
    Midfield was often by pased with fruitless lumped up balls from the back four, instead of getting it down and playing to feet.
  • thats the thing stu if we do lump the balls up our midfield need to be there to try and win the second balls but thet are 15 yards behind the play.Let's play through the midfield
  • I would imagine the full backs are told to clip the line when they get the ball. Its always been the way we play.

before anyone starts crying im not having a moan up at PP, i get the feeling thats the way he wants us to play, rather than losing the ball in dangerous areas.
  • Darren Randolph take a bow son,what a performance.
  • I reckon with that win, we're now safe from relegation.
  • alleluia , we have a goalie at last ... if only he supported charlton.....
    strange atmosphere as afka said felt like a pre season friendly first half
    result brilliant , performance none too convincing imo
    clean sheets so important and the miracles randy performed sneaked motm from racon who put himself about and was much improved .. semedo busy and in the way as usual ...loved forsters work today and great penalty ...wagstaff unfotunately isn't good enough imo and shouldn't be starting ....
    we so need to follow this up against carlisle

i now see us as 8% automatics 82% playoffs and 10% out of playoffs come the end of the season , i'll up date it after each game so you all will know where we'll end up ;-)
  • did you think we looked better when jonjo came on oohaah?
  • Hallelujah number 2:

After a nail biting 4 hours, the great man's comments at last appear on our official organ:

Linky: Parky walks on water
  • Randolph was class today,Jon Jo must start monday, not a fan of Mooney,monday I would like To see Akpo with Forster