Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall vs. Charlton - ALL views, teams selections and news in here please (oh, there's a poll)

Comments

• Compared to Southend, Cardiff, Palace and poor old Chester we are fine. If we don;t go up we will have to sell sell sell and more than likely be of threat of administration. But "end of our club" is way off the mark in my opinion.

Anyway, back to the match on Saturday...
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Oohahh Mortimer - are we really small fry in your eyes?

of course you are in footballing terms,you're a small run of the mill third tier outfit ....
    we've only spent minimum time in the lower reaches of football whilst mixing it with the footballing big boys for a good few years recently...
    if we both fail to go up this year thru the play offs your season would be considered reasonable ours would be a failure
    and imo will lead to us eventually joining you as a small fry nothing club all be it with a much richer tradition and history of relative footballing success
  • I think people are really taking this game to seriously. Its pretty much a straight forward win for me and even if it isn't we'll still go up automaitcally.
    SLL being a West Ham fan i can honestly say there haven't been many games i've gone to thinking we are going to win (maybe perhaps the cup game against you's is an exception). Also i was saying what people say on a website will have no bearing on the game at all. If you think otherwise your delusional.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Oohahh Mortimer - are we really small fry in your eyes?

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=5857&page=1

Don't hide your true feelings about us ;-)

Sidcup - you lot all think you're gonna lose because of the history, possibly so, but Len's comments about us having nothing to play for, that somehow being in the play-offs is beyond our wildest dreams and only bragging rights are at stake is a little naive!

Len - are you in that much trouble then? Not heard/read much about it, what's the score then? Didn't think you were close to administration at all? If you don't go up you'll have to cut your cloth accordingly and it will be interesting to see how your attendances suffer, but it shouldn't spell the end. Unless you're in deep shit that I don't know about.

Uncle - if you think that one teams attitude to another has no bearing on the game then you must be mad. If it all just come down to football ability every game then there wouldn't be cup upsets or surprise results. I'm sure you've been to a game where you expect a win, the crowd therefore is a little more subdued expecting the goals to come, the team goes out there expecting to roll the other over, things don't quite go to plan, the crowd get restless, pressure builds the favoured team starts to panic as they think they should be coasting & lo & behold they end up losing!

I work closely with a Millwall fan and his view was that you would probably be mid table but knocking on the doors of the play offs would be an excellent season for you.

This guy is a ST holder, goes to all the home games and 90% of the away so his views, which I am repeating here, are valid in my opinion.

In this economic climate administration does NOT necessarily mean the business will continue to trade (HMRC) and as the directors have made it quite clear they've reached the bottom of their pockets and promotion is imperative.

As I say the pressure is all on us.
  • Oohahh - like it mate

Uncle - fair enough, misunderstood you, wasn't talking about just words on a website, you were, no problem.

Len - I reckon he was being a bit negative, but I think we all were at the start of the season after the play-off heartbreak. When you see how rubbish this league is further down and realise that Leeds et al aren't some mythical all beating teams, play-offs should be attainable for our squad.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite] Sidcup - you lot all think you're gonna lose because of the history, possibly so

Past history has nothing to do with it, what does it matter if we were sh*t against you 20-30 years ago, doesn't mean a thing. My feeling that you'll beat us is based purely on your home form and ability to beat the bigger clubs in this division at the Den.
  • anyone else think sparrows lane lion is too nice and reasonable a fella to be true....
    although saying that all my millwall mates are decent fellas ......
    where do all their muppet fans appear from!!
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Oohahh Mortimer - are we really small fry in your eyes?

of course you are in footballing terms,you're a small run of the mill third tier outfit ....
    we've only spent minimum time in the lower reaches of football whilst mixing it with the footballing big boys for a good few years recently...
    if we both fail to go up this year thru the play offs your season would be considered reasonable ours would be a failure
    and imo will lead to us eventually joining you as a small fry nothing club all be it with a much richer tradition and history of relative footballing success

You must be talking cobblers. You didn't put FACT after it....
  • come on groucho you know all i deal in is FACTS by now
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]anyone else think sparrows lane lion is too nice and reasonable a fella to be true....
    although saying that all my millwall mates are decent fellas ......
    where do all their muppet fans appear from!!

Yeah i agree for a while i thought it was my cousin, he's a millwall fan, then i remembered he probably couldn't spell sparrow
  • Sponsored links:

• Millwall don't have any outstanding players, they sold Whitbread their best player to norwich. But they do play as a team and are on fire at the moment. Their defence is slow, Forde is an average keeper but they do have a tidy hardworking midfield, quite skillful too. Up front Morison turned over Daily in the last game and we should expect harris to play, who despite being slow knows where the goal is and plays with a big heart.
    Our lot are arguably more talented but still don't gell properly as a team. To beat Millwall we have to battle and get the ball up to our faster forwards. At the end of the day, as usual, it will be all about mistakes and taking chances. Last time we nearly blew it playing against 10 men, so Millwall will fancy their chances. We might lose this one but beat them in the play offs.
  • edited March 2010
    Not confident in Solly at all. Should be a great occasion but I fear the worse!
  • solly wont play mate.
  • Most people seem to be less than positive about our chances while looking forward to the occasion.
    I'm hoping for a draw,(or better), but expecting a defeat.
    I'm just worried that at this stage in the season we still don't seem to know our best team or formation.
    We have the players to win it but possibly not the heart, whatever those of us in the crowd bring to the event.
  • I think the result of this game will massively impact where we can expect to finish the season, we win think Top Two is more than realistic. If we draw it cements our Playoff position if we lose we could well be hanging on to sixth come the last game of the season. So basically I expect us to lose !
  • I'm feeling very negative and not looking forward to it and can't see beyond us getting spanked by 3 or 4. We haven't performed well for months and it's only the fact that we've been playing such poor teams that we're still up there-we've got loads of big games coming up, not least on Saturday, and I just don't think this team has got it in them.

I obviously hope I'm wrong though..........................
  • Anybody with me on referring to Millwall v Charlton as El Classico?
  • edited March 2010
    more like barcelona v espanyol ,the latter never beat them much
  • [cite]Posted By: HandG[/cite]I'm feeling very negative and not looking forward to it and can't see beyond us getting spanked by 3 or 4. We haven't performed well for months and it's only the fact that we've been playing such poor teams that we're still up there-we've got loads of big games coming up, not least on Saturday, and I just don't think this team has got it in them.

Well that's cheered me up!!
  • Sorry mate-glass half empty today. As I said I hope I'm wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• With Jackson out and Youga only just back in training, I think we'll sign another loanee left-back, mind you who would sign for us in a jinxed position?
  • Ben Thatcher anyone....?
  • Despite the full back problem, I still feel we can get all three points from this one.

I agree with Ketman that the outcome may well determine our aspirations for the rest of the season.

Win and we will still feel automatic is possible. If we lose and Leeds win, there's an eight point gap and play-offs take a very large step closer.

So Parky - tell 'em if they want to start their summer hols on May 9, they have to bloody well stand up and be counted ... tell 'em there's an extra three weeks on the beach resting upon it...tell 'em if they lose they could be back playing horrible bloody Millwall again in May when they ought to be drinking sangria and soaking up the Mediterranean sun !!!
  • I see the spanners have had to put a message on their official site to remind their fans to behave.

Millwall Crowd over 12000 = carnage.

LOL
  • edited March 2010
    Tarnish our reputation, they're having a laugh!

http://www.millwallfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10367~1990992,00.html
  • Millwall 5/4, Southampton 13/10 add a couple of bankers and you have a very nice 4 fold......
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Tarnish our reputation, they're having a laugh!

bloody hell, that's hilarious.
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Tarnish our reputation, they're having a laugh!

Ha ha ha how deluded. If we go in front, one of their plastic-only-turn-up-for-a-big-game-day-trippers will throw something on to the pitch. FACT.
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]solly wont play mate.
    So who will Nolly??