Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall vs. Charlton - ALL views, teams selections and news in here please (oh, there's a poll)

Comments

• Charlton win.

The team depends on whether jackson is fit, if so I'd start with with lasat week's starting XI swapping only Burton for Mooney.
  • With Jackson seemingly out we have no natural left sided defender.

I think Millwall will want it more than our lot so sadly cannot see beyond a defeat.

Their ground seems something of a fortress this season.

I hope our lads demonstrate the character to prove me completely wrong...
  • I hope to dear god we beat them and beat them well, going up to and back form the game with a bunch of Millwall fans and the journey home will be a nightmare if we lose,

1-3, charlton win, Bailey, Mooney and Burton
  • These sort of games cry out for big characters and I don`t see any barring Bailey and Llera in the current Charlton team. Straightforward home win. 2 or 3 nil.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]These sort of games cry out for big characters and I don`t see any barring Bailey and Llera in the current Charlton team. Straightforward home win. 2 or 3 nil.

Come on. What about Dailly, for starters. I know he had a bad one in the home game, but as it turned out, he was going down with flu. He's had more intimidating reserve game derbies in Glasgow than this one.

Not sure if he should start, but think that JonJo has the character too.

Foolish of me to predict, having seen them live only 6 times this season, but I am sure this will not go according to the negative script too many people want to write. For a start, no-one here predicted that we would sell out a 3,000 allocation, a week in advance.
  • Noticed the ref for this one is Neil Swarbrick, who hails from Lancashire, has taken charge of us once before,and sent Jon Fortune off late in the game against Ipswich for a fracas with Alan Lee.
    Also sent Dennis Wise to the stands when he was the leeds manager(so he can't be that bad !)
    In the 2006/7 season he showed 96 yellow and 9 Reds, this season he is already up to 39 Y and 2 R (Sodje beware !)
    So will both teams finish with a full complement on Saturday ?
  • Hope for a win but voted for a draw as derbys normally are
  • We have more than enough character to go to their place and take all three points. We came back from 2-0 down in the first half an hour a couple of months ago remember.

Our players will turn up, and we will be the better side on the day.
  • From the off we will be put on our heels,both on and off the pitch.Charlton fans can make the differance its down to the fans.This is a game for the likes of a Paul Millar ,Lee Bowyer or Mark Aizlewood with only Bailey the same type of player its all going to fall onto him.If he plays well the team will perform if not expect a heavy defeat.It is down to Bailey and the fans.
  • Millwall dont like big crowds but on this occasion........:(
  • Sponsored links:

• Must, must, MUST win the midfield, so, so, SO concerned that Racon will be intimidated and anonymous! Hopefully this will be the day he FINALLY shows us his fabled ability and makes up for his consistent anonymity in the same way Paul Mortimer used to!

Just a thought, is this the first time they've sold out the "new" place???
  • WSS, is that all there'll be there-17,000??? So their biggest crowd of the season will be less than our average!!!
  • Sold out against Arsenal, 20142 or 20136 I think it was.

Have "sold out" a few times since, but never got close to the Arsenal game due to segregation blah blah blah

No idea who this is only 17,000 either. 700 left in your block. I think about 1000 at most left in our end, should be over 18k easily. God knows how they get to their figures.
  • 3-1 to us come on u addicks
  • They will not win. They cannot win.

If they do they will be just one point behind us.

And that flouts common sense, is an affront to human decency, denies everything we hold dear about the British way of life and is against the will of God.
  • Thanks Sparrows Lane Loin, I remember seeing that Arsenal game on TV now you come to mention it. Got stuffed in the last minute didn't you? 10% empty seats due to segregation, you reckon? What's that in revenue £40,000??? You must get so pissed off with how much your neanderthal majority has cost you over the years! If it wasn't for them, you might be a similar size club to us by now???!!!
  • loving your thoughts IA
  • Wouldn't say stuffed was the correct word, Arsenal edged it with a dodgy goal in the last minute yes. No change there!

Nope don't get pissed off at all.

Doubt we'd be a similar size to you if we were more of a family, happy clappy club like Charlton, Millwall ain't the type to sell their souls to the population of Kent during the mid to late 90's..... ;-p

Back to the topic, after tonight, 3-1 to the Lions.
  • sparrows lane , when it comes to last minute goals millwall must be the kings of this over time (obviously this season leeds are having a go)
  • strange most millwall i know round catford are tools who would shame any club,tracksuit bottoms with shoes brigade,never fazed me millwall and never will
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]strange most millwall i know round catford are tools who would shame any club,tracksuit bottoms with shoes brigade,never fazed me millwall and never will

good point nolly , any way back to the poker, poor turnout tonight nolly
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]tracksuit bottoms with shoes brigade

fpmsl
  • it was a charlton poker night mate.
  • Kings of last minute goals?

Major ones that stand out are that Arsenal one, QPR scoring in the last minute in the 5th round of FAC in 95 and Birmingham in the play offs!
  • edited March 2010
    you got one on saturday you got one against us this season there's probably half a dozen more just this season....
    and who could forget us 2-0 up at the old den with f**k all time left and millwall getting 2 .....

oh yeah 'stern john in the last minute' but your mob are deffo in credit with last minute goals
  • Doesn't matter when you score, 1st minute, 30th or 90th, no luck about it, keep playing to the final whistle!
  • Mmmmmm....good result for them last night....got us all feeling a bit jittery if we're honest.
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Mmmmmm....good result for them last night....got us all feeling a bit jittery if we're honest.

I fear we are all concentrating too much on 'them'.

With all due respects, screw em.

They are, like us, a League One team, not Man United. On their day most of the League One teams can be very good, and on another day awful. Its why we are in League One.

No one knows which one they will be on Saturday, and no one knows what impact the 'big' crowd will equally have on them, particularly if things start going wrong for them.

If our players put in an impressive, team performance, which they are capable of doing, then it is unlikely we will lose. And that's all that matters.
  • Semedo at left back then?
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Mmmmmm....good result for them last night....got us all feeling a bit jittery if we're honest.

I fear we are all concentrating too much on 'them'.

With all due respects, screw em.

They are, like us, a League One team, not Man United. On their day most of the League One teams can be very good, and on another day awful. Its why we are in League One.

No one knows which one they will be on Saturday, and no one knows what impact the 'big' crowd will equally have on them, particularly if things start going wrong for them.

If our players put in an impressive, team performance, which they are capable of doing, then it is unlikely we will lose. And that's all that matters.

well said, i think we need to be on top for the first 15mins in order to win. lets get their crowd on there back