Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall vs. Charlton - ALL views, teams selections and news in here please (oh, there's a poll)

Comments

• Im going for a 2-2 draw
  • I think Mooney had one of his best games against Millwall at home, so would definitely play him Saturday.
  • How many other games has there been with more defeats that wins in the poll?

Leeds away maybe?
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Wagstaff started against Millwall in December, did nothing apart from cost us a goal. He may have pace, but Wagstaff is only useful against slow full backs late on in the game at the moment.

Agree with that and pointed out he's best as a sub many times, as have others. It's fine Wagstaff running around a lot and showing plenty of effort, but he's still yet to show any real end product when starting games, apart from the odd moment. This is the problem though, Wagstaff isn't ready to start regularly, especially not in games like this, but Sam isn't on form. I guess we could go for Bailey or Shelvey on the right, probably better than them on the left but not something I'd consider using regularly.
  • Clearly a big game; still only three points; tonight's games (Tuesday) Leeds, Swindon, Millwall, points wise as important? Wouldn't it be something if they all lost!
  • COME ON YOU HADDOCK AND CHIP LOVERS!!!

Show some balls and fight right till the f***ing final whistle... walk off that pitch feeling proud men!

It would take a lot to better being in the lower tier, at the den, celebrating a charlton win!
  • I am going for 2-2. Can see this being a crap scrappy game
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]How many other games has there been with more defeats that wins in the poll?

Leeds away maybe?

Any game last season?
  • This season..
  • 4 - 4 draw
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: boggzy[/cite]I'm not confident that bringing Shelvey back would change anything. I'm just picturing him with players available taking a shot from 30 yards that goes into the middle of an upper seating block, then turning round and walking away nonchalantly (as he's done so often).

Really when was that then???
  • [cite]Posted By: happyvalley[/cite]4 - 4 draw
    That would never ever happen.
    Might have a £5 on it though!
  • Agree with you Uncle. I don't think Jonjo is ever nonchalant.
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: JorgeCosta[/cite]Agree with you Uncle. I don't think Jonjo is ever nonchalant.

Cant say i've been to every game but the ones i've been to and he's put the ball in the stands he looks more annoyed with himself than nonchalant. So if he does it often i would like him to give me some instances. Guess this is just another snipe at jonjo though rather than any sort of educated criticism.
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JorgeCosta[/cite]Agree with you Uncle. I don't think Jonjo is ever nonchalant.

CVant say i've been to every game but the ones i've been to and he's put the ball in the stands, he looks more annoyed with himself than nonchalant. So if he does it often i would like him to give me some instances. Guess this is just another snipe at jonjo though rather than any sort of educated criticism.

He shooting against Leyton Orient was pretty poor when sometimes there was an easier option, but i would agree that he looked annoyed with himself after. I know its cliche to say he's only 17 etc, but this is something he will definitely improve on with age and experience.
  • there would be no heads down looking sorry for myself with shelvey saturday,would thrive at a game like that thats the stamp of him.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]

CVant say i've been to every game but the ones i've been to and he's put the ball in the stands, he looks more annoyed with himself than nonchalant. So if he does it often i would like him to give me some instances. Guess this is just another snipe at jonjo though rather than any sort of educated criticism.

He shooting against Leyton Orient was pretty poor when sometimes there was an easier option, but i would agree that he looked annoyed with himself after. I know its cliche to say he's only 17 etc, but this is something he will definitely improve on with age and experience.
    Yeah i'm not saying he picks the right option all the time. I'm only defending his character because i know he wouldn't be nonchalant about missing or making a mistake. If anything he is to hard on himself.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite][quote][. Guess this is just another snipe at jonjo though rather than any sort of educated criticism.[/quote]

Pay no attention, Uncle!
  • Charlton 3- Millwall 1
    Goals : Richardson 7', A Sodje 45' and Bailey 82'
    Line-up: Elliot, Richardson, Llera, Dailly, Solly, Reid, Racon, Semedo, Bailey, A. Sodje, Burton. SUBS: Randolph, S. Sodje, Wagstaff, Sam, Spring, Mooney, McKenzie
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]

Yeah i'm not saying he picks the right option all the time. I'm only defending his character because i know he wouldn't be nonchalant about missing or making a mistake. If anything he is to hard on himself.

Unc, im agreeing with you mate! I've said before on another thread that i find it hard for people to criticise his attitude, as i havent seen anything on the pitch to suggest that he has a poor one!
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah i know you was mate. Sorry was just having a mild rant ;-)
  • CommentAuthorChris_from_Sidcup CommentTime1 hour ago quote# 69
    Posted By: JT
    How many other games has there been with more defeats that wins in the poll?

Leeds away maybe?

Any game last season?

Cant quote from previous page, southend away..... and guess what we won then aswell :-)
  • I dont think this is going to be a difficult game. A little tense maybe till the 3rd goes in but all in all a comfortable 4-1 win
  • Unfortunately I think we will lose 2-0 perhaps 2-1 (late consolation goal). Just the fact that they are strong at home and will be well up for it. Our only chance is to score early and hope it takes the sting out of them after the long trip to Carlisle.
  • edited March 2010
    2 Nil Charlton. Pack the midfield
  • behave uncle.
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]behave uncle.

What dont you subscribe to my optimism ?
  • double nope.
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]double nope.

Ha ha we will see
  • they will want far more.