Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall vs. Charlton - ALL views, teams selections and news in here please (oh, there's a poll)

Comments

• fk sake, not good
  • Could Llera play left back? Who is their right winger?

Most of their fans who are going to the game probably think Teddy Sheringham still plays for them ;)
  • i have a horrible feeling the young fella solly will play,crikey.
  • Fck, we'd be skinned 95 times down that side if we had Llera down there, he just tries to get the thing under control then hoofs, on his day he can be quite good and controlled, but on others he looks lost.

Really would like JJ to play, I'm not sure getting a loan to jump straight into the side for this sort of game is going to work wonders, but if needs....
  • 5 midfield
  • edited March 2010
    this will be our second 4-0 away win of the season!
  • this game was gonna be hard enough with jackson! :(

Semedo Sodje Daily Richardson

for me
  • A mate said that Llera played left back at MK quite a few times and when he was signed I heard hes comfortable anywhere in the back
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]It's a derby game. Form goes out the window!

Spot on, and that is why I am more confident than I have been for a while. I just think our players will be up for it, there will be a big contingent of us roaring them on, and we do have characters in the team....Bailey, Sodje, Semedo, Richardson, Burton, Reid...these players seem to me to have the character as does Dailly (even if he hasn't played well against Millwall in the past). I think Sam will have a good game too as he is due one.

You're certainly more confident than i am, personally i reckon Sam will get clattered by Dunne in the first 5 minutes and then go missing, look knackered after about 20 minutes and get subbed for Wagstaff after 70 minutes.

Isnt Craig their left back?...think dunne is right back. Reid will be too tricky for Dunne and Sam too quick for Craig.
  • Sponsored links:

• sam will be in dunnes pocket,smiling away
  • Millwall are very good at home and just think they will be more up for it like they were at The Valley. Narrow 1-0 defeat
  • but they are on different sides of the pitch nolly, he must have big pockets.
  • he switches,i would remove him from this game and bring in jj,two wingers is a no no for this game.
  • 7-0 to Charlton.....easy easy easy
  • didn't realise Millwall have a trip to Carlisle tonight.

Long trip and not an easy game.

hopefully come back pointless, knackered and with a few injuries and suspensions.

If Jackson is out then I'd defiantly go 4 - 5 - 1. I think it suits us anyway.
  • See, personally i think wingers will be the key. I agree sam can be a shirker but he has also got that element of class. Reid obviously has to play. Its gonna be scrappy in the middle. Get the ball out wide and get deliveries into Burton and Akpo.
  • At The Valley i thought Millwall were good in the middle of the park. Sam has that ability to be a match winner. Sam and Richardson linked well on Saturday and to be honest i dont think we should change a winning team.
  • sam was awful saturday.
  • 45% vote millwall win yet nearly all threads say charlton win

i am going for a 2.1 charlton
    coyr
  • Sponsored links:

• Jackson is a huge loss.

Think he's only made one poor pass in his time here.
  • sam was involved in pivitol moments. he and Richardson combined down the right so Akpo's goal.
  • diffrent game seen then,ran out of gas again,never took players on and jigged about with the end product being a simple pass,in this league he still cant cut it
  • Hope Sam has a good game, been a while since he's had a good one. I'd also tell him to attack the winger, instead of bringing it inside. And to have a bit of belief in himself that he can actually beat his man, when he does he creates chances.
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]diffrent game seen then,ran out of gas again,never took players on and jigged about with the end product being a simple pass,in this league he still cant cut it
    He can't cut it? Of course he can, he's just inconsistent and a big confidence player. I don't agree with others that say he's a good Championship player, but he's hardly a League Two player either.

I do agree he had a poor game, seems to worry about making mistakes and taking the safe option. He can do it though and until Reid came here, he was our main attacking threat.
  • Let's not make this about Sam please.
  • As WSS says, Milwall both fans and players will be up for it - the players need to be. No exceptions. Shame we even have to say this, really.

Obviously we have to get rid of lazy showboaters i.e. Racon. If Sam starts and doesn't pull his weight we must get Wagstaff on asap and change stuff around. We need players who play with hunger even if they are theoretically 'not as good' as lazy b***ards going through the motions. We don't seem to have many, though, that's the problem. I'm not confident that bringing Shelvey back would change anything. I'm just picturing him with players available taking a shot from 30 yards that goes into the middle of an upper seating block, then turning round and walking away nonchalantly (as he's done so often). Baily needs to take control and gee the team up as a captain, Parky needs to show authority on the touchline. Of course, this should all be the case for EVERY game, but there you go.

Don't think we will win to be honest, but really REALLY hope to be proved wrong.

COYR!!!
  • 2 points, the team rarely perform when there is a massive away support, middlesbrough, blackburn even leyton orient we were awful first half and a better team would have been 2 or 3 up at the break, secondly, again how many times this season have we had the chance to take advantage of leeds messing up and get back the number 2 spot to push on and battle norwicj for the top spot an bottled it. I really hope we have turned a corner3 wins against bottom teams is nowt to get over excitied about its games likes this, southampton norwich leeds that will still have to play that will show if we have the khaonas to stay up there or fade into obscurity. 3 points sat then with the gills at home next we could be right up there again and moving away from leeds, its just wether parky and the boys can show some steel and bottle.

Heart says charlton but head says we will fold like a pack of cards.

Sorry just me no need to attack.
  • [cite]Posted By: boggzy[/cite]
    Obviously we have to get rid of lazy showboaters i.e. Racon. If Sam starts and doesn't pull his weight we must get Wagstaff on asap and change stuff around. We need players who play with hunger even if they are theoretically 'not as good' as lazy b***ards going through the motions.

COYR!!!

Wagstaff started against Millwall in December, did nothing apart from cost us a goal. He may have pace, but Wagstaff is only useful against slow full backs late on in the game at the moment.

Anyway I'd play:

Elliot
    Richardson Dailly Llera Semedo
    Sam Bailey Racon Reid
    Burton Sodje
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]

Anyway I'd play:

Elliot
    Richardson Dailly Llera Semedo
    Sam Bailey Racon Reid
    Burton Sodje

Id go with that BigRE.