Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall vs. Charlton - ALL views, teams selections and news in here please (oh, there's a poll)

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Feeling jittery can be a good thing if handled properly and in saying that you're perfectly correct.
    I'm sure they're just as worried about us.
  • I would go Semedo at Left back , Llera would be too slow . I still hope that Jackson may be fit . If he is I really fancy our chances.
  • I think we are more jittery because for us, in a sense, only automatic promotion is good enough and, in my view, that thought, and the what if we don't go up fear of will we still have a club, has influenced the atmosphere particularly at The Valley.

On the other hand, and this is not intended to be patronising, just reaching the play offs is probably more than many Millwall fans expected this season so there is no real pressure other than bragging rights for them.
  • I'd go for:
    Elliot
    Richardson, Dailly, Llera, Sodje(if JJ ufit)
    Sam, Shelvey, Bailey, Reid
    Sodje, Burton

Think we should take it to them, as opposed to see what their going to do. reckon Shelvey would put in a great performance similar to Orient away, although wishful thinking as semedo is always going to get the nod- although i think too defensive for this game imo
  • I'm going 2-1 to us. Harris to get both. You go 1-0 up though. We'll nick it late on. Boring game though. That said, I did say 'boring game' before the last match, and look what happened. I'll quite happily not go through anything like that again.
  • [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]I'm going 2-1 to us. Harris to get both. You go 1-0 up though. We'll nick it late on. Boring game though. That said, I did say 'boring game' before the last match, and look what happened. I'll quite happily not go through anything like that again.

Bit early to be drunk aint it?
  • WSSWSS
    edited March 2010
    Kins on Millwall game:

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=35755

"Once that whistle goes, everyone will have to stand up and be counted."
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Kins on Millwall game:

who does the actual counting ? do we have to stand still ? can we pop out to the loo whilst the counting takes place ? how long does the counting process last ?
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Kins on Millwall game:

who does the actual counting ? do we have to stand still ? can we pop out to the loo whilst the counting takes place ? how long does the counting process last ?

he's obviously referring to oohaah counting the visiting fans from his prawn sandwich box.
  • we will go down 2-3 0 2 half time plucky fight back levelling in 89th min then they will score a soft goal in 95th min for corner..........
  • Sponsored links:

• disturbing poll result so far
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]disturbing poll result so far

60% think we won't lose ... that's not so bad ;-)
  • I'm withe the old guard on this one. Can't really see past us getting stuffed by 3 or 4 - too many nervy liabilities across our defence.
  • we have not been beaten there in over a decade surely that counts for something
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]we have not been beaten there in over a decade surely that counts for something

Well, seeing as we haven't played there in over a decade it counts for sweet FA....or were you being ironic nla?
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]we have not been beaten there in over a decade surely that counts for something

Well, seeing as we haven't played there in over a decade it counts for sweet FA....or were you being ironic nla?

what do you think SA
  • LenGlover - "On the other hand, and this is not intended to be patronising, just reaching the play offs is probably more than many Millwall fans expected this season so there is no real pressure other than bragging rights for them."

Considering we reached the play-off final last year most Millwall would've expected to have been there or thereabouts. A few big teams did come down, but with Southampton losing 10 points it only left you & Norwich. So whilst we may not have been demanding automatic (like Leeds) or be expecting to get into the play-offs easily, the expectation was that we should be in the mix. And we are. Quite arrogant to think this game is only about bragging rights and there is no pressure on us. If you & others, including your team, have that attitude then it should be a walkover for us on Saturday.

Carry on underestimating us please, works in our favour.
  • I think the poll suggests the complete opposite SLL.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]LenGlover - "On the other hand, and this is not intended to be patronising, just reaching the play offs is probably more than many Millwall fans expected this season so there is no real pressure other than bragging rights for them."

Considering we reached the play-off final last year most Millwall would've expected to have been there or thereabouts. A few big teams did come down, but with Southampton losing 10 points it only left you & Norwich. So whilst we may not have been demanding automatic (like Leeds) or be expecting to get into the play-offs easily, the expectation was that we should be in the mix. And we are. Quite arrogant to think this game is only about bragging rights and there is no pressure on us. If you & others, including your team, have that attitude then it should be a walkover for us on Saturday.

Carry on underestimating us please, works in our favour.

I'm not underestimating you at all.

My point is that all the pressure is on us and the probability is that we will crumble and you will win comfortably as you will play with comparative freedom and take the game to us.
  • Sponsored links:

• In general we're not underestimating you, if anything we're over estimating!
  • correct len millwall beating us will mean a lot more to them than us beating them .... we're the big fish and they're the small fry
  • I was only talking with regards to Len's comments about us being under no pressure, that it's only bragging rights to play for and that we seem to think we are fortunate to be in the position we are in!

We were in this position last season, we're in it again, no surprises at all. With all your negativity based on previous results against us you're coming into this happy to take a draw. Meanwhile Millwall fans are more optimistic of the win, there will be 15,000 there putting pressure on and wanting the win, so if anything there is more pressure on us than you.

Why is all the pressure on you when you're playing away from home against the team that are favourites to win the match?
  • Len even if you are underestimating them does sll really think that will have an affect on the result. Christ almighty the only thing that will affect the result is footballing ability. We have it they dont. This one wont even be close after 10 minutes they will be screaming at their own team. Anyway it must be difficult to underestimate something with such little value in the first place
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite] Carry on underestimating us please, works in our favour.

I'd be surprised if you found a single Charlton fan on this site who is under estimating Millwall. Look at the poll, currently 69% don't think we'll win the game. I (and i assume most others) think this will be our toughest away game all season.

EDIT: Uncle doesn't count, he's West Ham.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]I was only talking with regards to Len's comments about us being under no pressure, that it's only bragging rights to play for and that we seem to think we are fortunate to be in the position we are in!

We were in this position last season, we're in it again, no surprises at all. With all your negativity based on previous results against us you're coming into this happy to take a draw. Meanwhile Millwall fans are more optimistic of the win, there will be 15,000 there putting pressure on and wanting the win, so if anything there is more pressure on us than you.

Why is all the pressure on you when you're playing away from home against the team that are favourites to win the match?

Because if we don't gain promotion this season it could well be the end of our club.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Carry on underestimating us please, works in our favour.

I'd be surprised if you found a single Charlton fan on this site who is under estimating Millwall. Look at the poll, currently 69% don't think we'll win the game. I (and i assume most others) think this will be our toughest away game all season.

EDIT: Uncle doesn't count, he's West Ham.

I think thats very unfair. I've been to more Charlton matches this year than Wesy Ham so i must count
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]I was only talking with regards to Len's comments about us being under no pressure, that it's only bragging rights to play for and that we seem to think we are fortunate to be in the position we are in!

Because if we don't gain promotion this season it could well be the end of our club.
    Jesus Christ.
  • edited March 2010
    Oohahh Mortimer - are we really small fry in your eyes?

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=5857&page=1

Don't hide your true feelings about us ;-)

Sidcup - you lot all think you're gonna lose because of the history, possibly so, but Len's comments about us having nothing to play for, that somehow being in the play-offs is beyond our wildest dreams and only bragging rights are at stake is a little naive!

Len - are you in that much trouble then? Not heard/read much about it, what's the score then? Didn't think you were close to administration at all? If you don't go up you'll have to cut your cloth accordingly and it will be interesting to see how your attendances suffer, but it shouldn't spell the end. Unless you're in deep shit that I don't know about.

Uncle - if you think that one teams attitude to another has no bearing on the game then you must be mad. If it all just come down to football ability every game then there wouldn't be cup upsets or surprise results. I'm sure you've been to a game where you expect a win, the crowd therefore is a little more subdued expecting the goals to come, the team goes out there expecting to roll the other over, things don't quite go to plan, the crowd get restless, pressure builds the favoured team starts to panic as they think they should be coasting & lo & behold they end up losing!
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Because if we don't gain promotion this season it could well be the end of our club.
    Jesus Christ.

will he be our saviour ... cos we're gonna need a miracle...............