Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southampton Away

SE9SE9
edited October 2009 in General Charlton
Dont these clubs learn? £15 to pay on the night we should only have to pay that and no more for a league game. Fair play for taking our season ticket holders into consideration but surely it should be £5 to season ticket holders and £7.50 0n the night if that. Its on sky and in midweek so I cant see why these prices are so high.

Comments

• Even if it was free, I dont reckon I could be bothered to go. Would rather save browny points and enthusiasm for league and FA cup away games.
  • [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]Even if it was free, I dont reckon I could be bothered to go. Would rather save browny points and enthusiasm for league and FA cup away games.

exactly....it's on the TV FFS !
  • what are the prices?

(not that I'm going)
  • I'd only pay that if there was a "Take a Punch at Pardew" voucher included.
  • edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]what are the prices?

(not that I'm going)

Advance seats for the game on Wednesday, November 11th (7.45pm), which is being broadcast live on Sky Sports, are available to season-ticket holders for £7.50 adults and £3 over 60s and U22s.

Non-season ticket holders can purchase seats in advance for £10 adults and £5 over 60s and U22s - with all U17s able to gain admission to St Mary's free of charge.

Southampton have already confirmed that fans will be able to pay on the night, but prices will rise to £15 adults, £5 over 60s and U22, and £2 U17s

To be fair i think the prices are very reasonable. And to let U17s in for free is only to be applauded.
  • In advance tickets very good and free to kids so can't really complain about that.
  • and Under 22's for just £3. Ok you amy well think that £15 on the night is steep but that is basically covering the cost of having to pay a few more staff to actually sell the tickets. Buy in advance and you are laughing.
  • Looking at about £30 for a train
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Looking at about £30 for a train

megatrain.com

Found return train tickets for 2 quid! London to Southampton.
  • Prices look decent if you're a season ticket holder buying in advance. No idea why Southampton and Reading give discount to season ticket holders of other clubs. Does matter to me though as I won't be going due to the below reason.
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]Even if it was free, I dont reckon I could be bothered to go. Would rather save browny points and enthusiasm for league and FA cup away games.
  • Sponsored links:

• I supposed as well they want a good idea of how many are going to turn up on the night and getting people to pay up front... so they can keep half the ground closed!
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Looking at about £30 for a train

megatrain.com

Cheers for the site mate, anything that can prevent me from speaking to Chessewright is appreciated!
  • edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]

megatrain.com

Just looked at that site and what a deal, how can they not lose money with tickets that cheap?!
    However unless i'm mistaken it says the last train back is 9.55. Assuming the game ends at 9.35ish you'll just about be ok but if it goes to penalties you'll either miss them or miss your train.
  • I've used it before so i know it's genuine as much as it look ridiculous.

Just South West trains.
  • edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Just looked at that site and what a deal, how can they not lose money with tickets that cheap?!
    However unless i'm mistaken it says the last train back is 9.55. Assuming the game ends at 9.35ish you'll just about be ok but if it goes to penalties you'll either miss them or miss your train.

The station is a fair trek, it's a 20 mins walk so you will be cutting it very very fine... took an hour for the league game last season as well
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I supposed as well they want a good idea of how many are going to turn up on the night and getting people to pay up front... so they can keep half the ground closed!

the half under the TV gantry I presume to the crowd looks better for TV !
  • edited October 2009
    £3, cheap as chips :)
  • Megabus.com....Train there and back for £2.50 in total (including booking fee)
  • I have a ticket for my brown leather sofa, free of charge, I may even indulge in a bag of cheesy Dorito's.

I am yet to ring the trainline to see the cost of a return from my kitchen to the living room.
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I have a ticket for my brown leather sofa, free of charge, I may even indulge in a bag of cheesy Dorito's.

I am yet to ring the trainline to see the cost of a return from my kitchen to the living room.

Did you not get caught by the "If you're watching that, then I'll watch strictly come dancing/eastenders/gok wan(ker) for the rest of the week" charge, levied by the missus?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I have a ticket for my brown leather sofa, free of charge, I may even indulge in a bag of cheesy Dorito's.

Did you not get caught by the "If you're watching that, then I'll watchgok wan(ker)

Ha, Ha, funnily enough, one of her pals was on it this week standing in her bra in the gok dome at Bluewater
  • Initial allocation of 550 tickets gone on sale. Get 'em while they're hot.....
  • Blimey! - and I've got 2 of them

Looks like a row each...
  • 3 more will be bought on saturday.
  • Will get mine when I sort out travel arrangements
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]

megatrain.com

Cheers for the site mate, anything that can prevent me from speaking to Chessewright is appreciated!

He said the exact same thing about you ;-)
  • and what travel arrangements are those nathan
  • Anyone going that can pick me up and drop me off in crawley??