Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    League Rivals but least its not Gills
  • Options
    Expect Scally to now cut our allocation in half when we go there in october :-(
  • Options
    Lol, I bet Stimpson is fuming all that "the lad wants to come home" & "He only wants to play for us"
  • Options
    Do we have a recall clause in there? ;-)

I bet being number 9 will suit his ego nicely...
  • Options
    LOL......................stick that in your pipe you pickie mugs, both the manager and the chairman have been made to look total mugs by making statements on certain websites regarding the Dicko stuation, in terms of loaning him to our rivals, we just need to keep doing what we are currently doing and we will be fine, they are also a good club to go to, play some good stuff, as well as on a high at the moment, so he can come back after his loan spell and maybe be in better shape
  • Options
    Rovers are pleased to announce the loan signing of Charlton Athletic striker Chris Dickson - subject to paperwork being signed this afternoon.

Dickson, 24, will spend the next three months on loan at Bristol Rovers.

I'll believe it when it's on our OS : - )

Lending a player to a team third in the table! Doesn't seem right to me but good luck to him.

3 month loan as well. Seems like "no man management skills" Parky got his way again ; - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Expect Scally to now cut our allocation in half when we go there in october :-(

AS if they are going to fill that end anyway.

He will be desperate for the money so will put the price up.
  • Options
    still seems a bit of a risk lending him to a side in our division IMO but at least it's not Gillingham or Millwall

if he scores a few then comes back to us at Christmas we may have a had a few injuries etc and he could still do something in a CAFC shirt
  • Options
    Note sure on this. Hope it doesn't turn out to be a case of cutting your nose to spite your face.

If Dickson does the business there it will be a situation which is aiding a promotion rival, and asking questions of why he wasn't given the opportunity to do it here. Fail there, and he will have no resale value.

A strange move.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    This is a bit strange. Sending him to Bristol Rovers who are in the top 6 represents a bit of a risk in comparison to sending Fleetwood to Exeter. They'll be conflicting emotions - we'd eventually like Dicko to be a success at Charlton and he needs some games but I don't want him to score goals for one of our promotion rivals.

I forgot to add: <generic comment about not being true until it's on the CAFC OS>
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Note sure on this. Hope it doesn't turn out to be a case of cutting your nose to spite your face.

If Dickson does the business there it will be a situation which is aiding a promotion rival, and asking questions of why he wasn't given the opportunity to do it here. Fail there, and he will have no resale value.

A strange move.

But he has no resale value if he stays at Charlton as he is out of contract in the summer.

If he scores his value goes up, if he flops then it goes down.

Agree about aiding a promotion rival but maybe they were willing to pay his wages and/or a loan fee. With the £800k from Lambert they maybe more able to buy Dickson in Jan than Gills anyway.
  • Options
    he is not very good so loaning him to the team in 3rd place is inspired!
  • Options
    Any one notice the typo in the headline on the Rovers' site? : - )
  • Options
    Maybe he is going to the Aisne department, part of Picardie in northern France
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Maybe he is going to the Aisne department, part of Picardie in northern France

No, I think it is just a typo to be honest : - )
  • Options
    This is a strange development, but we'll just have to see how it turns out. If he is successful, do you think he will sign another contract, or is it just a case of trying to increase his sale price before it runs out?
  • Options
    Dicko has never scored a League goal for us or shown much likelihood of scoring one. Similar form at the Memorial Ground will scupper their chances but does anyone seriously see Lennie's boys as promotion candidates?

Henry is right about his resale value. If we wanted money for him we should have taken Gillingham's offer. Hopefully, this will now allow us to bring in a replacement, Kandol perhaps? I wonder how Leeds fans would view that?!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red God[/cite]Dicko has never scored a League goal for us or shown much likelihood of scoring one. Similar form at the Memorial Ground will scupper their chances but does anyone seriously see Lennie's boys as promotion candidates?

Henry is right about his resale value. If we wanted money for him we should have taken Gillingham's offer. Hopefully, this will now allow us to bring in a replacement, Kandol perhaps? I wonder how Leeds fans would view that?!!

Gills offered us £50k and when we said yes then said "no, we'll give you nothing" according to Mr P.
  • Options
    I dont think you can underestimate the lennie factor in this move for Both Chris and CAFC
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I dont think you can underestimate the lennie factor in this move for Both Chris and CAFC
    are you sure that's what you mean?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red God[/cite]Dicko has never scored a League goal for us or shown much likelihood of scoring one. Similar form at the Memorial Ground will scupper their chances but does anyone seriously see Lennie's boys as promotion candidates?

Dicko has never played for us at this level but scored 7 in 9 League starts for Gillingham in this Division. Burton scored 2 in his last 34 appearances at Sheffield Wednesday but his record has improved for the drop in class.

The Leed's fan I've spoke to says we'd be welcome to Kandol as he only does it in flashes and they've four better strikers in front of him.
  • Options
    Is that the same Leeds fan who said Richardson was rubbish?
  • Options
    They're not happy (with Stimson or Scally):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/F14770425?thread=6932375&show=50
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]

Dicko has never played for us at this level but scored 7 in 9 League starts for Gillingham in this Division. Burton scored 2 in his last 34 appearances at Sheffield Wednesday but his record has improved for the drop in class.

The Leed's fan I've spoke to says we'd be welcome to Kandol as he only does it in flashes and they've four better strikers in front of him.
    Well they should be playing him further forward then. No wonder he doesn't score many if he has to dribble past four of his own players to get a shot in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]They're not happy (with Stimson or Scally):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/F14770425?thread=6932375&show=50

Even when they're slagging off their own club gillingham fans annoy me. Not that i feel we have a rivalry with them or anything, they're just irritating.
  • Options
    I like the fsct that he had been "seen" down at there place on their last 3 home games, he was at the vallley about half 1 on sat I saw him walking in.
  • Options
    I think the OS saying McKenzie is fit and raring to go and Dickson going out on loan on the same day is no co-incidence.
  • Options
    Three months loan sounds sensible - if he scores goals and if one of Burton/McKenzie/Tuna gets injured he can be recalled and will be fit, if not we can sell him rather than let him go for nothing.
  • Options
    I tell you, for a lower league club Rovers haven't had a bad collection of strikers go through their club in the last decade or so:

Marcus Stewart
    Barry Hayles
    Bobby Zamora
    Jason Roberts
    Nathan Ellington
    Jamie Cureton
    Scott Sinclair
    Richie Lambert
  • Options
    [cite]Parkinson of Charlton is at fault too – he is clearly a nasty, spiteful piece of work, who never had any intention of doing business with us and clearly has some sort of agenda/vendetta against GFC.

At fault for what exactly? For not wanting to get rid of him for f**k all?

What a load of b*llocks. If there chairman wasn't such a t*at maybe Parky would have sorted something out with them. Kn*b head!