Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace in Financial Trouble

Comments

• Options
    To have one transfer embargo in a season is careless.....

To have two transfer embargoes in a season is mismanagement......

To have three transfer embargoes in a season is a sign of impending doom.

So Jordan has now had more transfer embargoes this season than any of his centre forwards have scored goals. It is about the only hattrick Jordan can expect.
  • Options
    Is that another embargo announced today N. ?

I find it hard to keep up.
  • Options
    Anyone know the number of a firm that hires out planes with those trailing banners ; - )
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Anyone know the number of a firm that hires out planes with those trailing banners ; - )
    No point Henry. Theres never anyone at SP to see it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?t=193739&page=34

pages 33 and 34 although a lot of it is funny and informative.

Budgie's reply was quality
  • Options
    I like this song on there.

It's Christmas time
    and there's reason to be afraid
    It's Christmas time
    and the players aren't being paid
    But in our world of plenty
    we can spread a little joy
    Throw your small change to the chairman
    It's Christmastime

But say a prayer,
    there's no cause for jubilation
    At Christmastime it's hard,
    to avoid administration
    There's a world outside this division,
    and it's a world of dread and fear
    Where the only players playing
    aren't even as good as Sears
    And the Christmas bells that ring there
    are the clanging chimes of doom
    Well tonight thank God it's them
    instead of you

And there won't be cheers at Selhurst this Christmastime
    The highest we'll get this year is ninth (Oooh)
    As fear of relegation grows
    And Victor Moses goes
    Will we know it's Christmastime at all?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Is that another embargo announced today N. ?

Tomorrow from what I'm led to believe.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Is that another embargo announced today N. ?

Typical scaremongering from Charlton fans.

I hope you didn't put that on the BBS and upset them all again.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Nah - that's a different Addickted ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Two wrongs don't make a right.

I have no time for Palace but, misguided though they maybe, their fans don't deserve to lose their club because of Jordan's shenanigans.

I remember 1984 and thinking Charlton had gone. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

We should be bigger than the patronising Nigel tw*** who rubbed our noses in it.

You are correct, we should be bigger then to sink to their level. But I'm bitter and twisted. I had the misfortune to have worked in Croydon in the 80's and 90's. I really would enjoy seeing some of my friends suffer a little. Not too much, just a little.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nah - that's a different Addickted ;-)
    :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Two wrongs don't make a right.

I have no time for Palace but, misguided though they maybe, their fans don't deserve to lose their club because of Jordan's shenanigans.

I remember 1984 and thinking Charlton had gone. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

We should be bigger than the patronising Nigel tw*** who rubbed our noses in it.

I agree.

As the song says:

If I could be you and you could be me for just one hour
    If we could find a way to get inside each other's mind
    If you could see you through my eyes instead of your ego
    I believe you'd be surprised to see that you'd been blind

Walk a mile in my shoes, walk a mile in my shoes
    Yeah, before you abuse, criticize and accuse
    Walk a mile in my shoes

If I could walk a mile in their shoes
    I would
    I'd be a mile away
    And they'd have no shoes

F*ck 'em
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Addickted and Budgie getting sticking on the palace board over there posts on here.

They are so upset about Addickted's post re: the member of Palace staff.
    I also can't believe they think CarltonDan is me.... Thick t**ats!! When / if I want to gloat I will do it as me!!!!

FFS! If I were to create another username I'd think of something a little less obvious....

There was me feeling all charitable toward their predicament and now they've got me laughing at them again
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Addickted and Budgie getting sticking on the palace board over there posts on here.

I also can't believe they think CarltonDan is me.... Thick t**ats!! When / if I want to gloat I will do it as me!!!!

FFS! If I were to create another username I'd think of something a little less obvious....

There was me feeling all charitable toward their predicament and now they've got me laughing at them again

Strange isn't it ... I'm inclined to think this is a Palaaarse fan to be honest or maybe brighton or a Spanner.

Anyway, serves you right for being nice ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]

Strange isn't it ... I'm inclined to think this is a Palaaarse fan to be honest or maybe brighton or a Spanner.

Anyway, serves you right for being nice ;-)

Whoever it is must be laughing their arse off to know theyve all taken the bait......

I know. I wont let it happen again (when it comes to the stripey tw*ts)
  • Options
    Geezer on that thread reckons he knows at least 30 people who have been banned from on here "just for being positive about Palarse". So, that's the quality of "FACT" you get over there. Tw@ts. Personally I wouldn't give a sh*t if they went under - in fact I'd be laughing my titties off!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Geezer on that thread reckons he knows at least 30 people who have been banned from on here "just for being positive about Palarse". So, that's the quality of "FACT" you get over there. Tw@ts. Personally I wouldn't give a sh*t if they went under - in fact I'd be laughing my titties off!

Spanners actually had a thread the other day showing off about the number of sites from which they had been banned ... most of it was obvious bullsh*t as can guess ... but it highlights their mentality
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Geezer on that thread reckons he knows at least 30 people who have been banned from on here "just for being positive about Palarse". So, that's the quality of "FACT" you get over there. Tw@ts. Personally I wouldn't give a sh*t if they went under - in fact I'd be laughing my titties off!
    Ignore Pauldarulez - Hes a soft little boy with moobs and is quite obviously frightened of girls
  • Options
    I ignore them all mate. Think that's only the third or fourth time I've been over there and I ain't in any hurry to go back. The lay out for starters - what's that all about ? Tacky like their club.
  • Options
    I'd love them to go under. In fact it would be one of my football highlights.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Throw your small change to the chairman
    It's Christmastime
    Surely that should be Throw your small change at the chairman ?
  • Options
    Oh Dear. Its even worse than I thought.

Originally Posted by Gazza2
    But aren't we supposed to already have borrowed against the value of certain players, meaning that when they are sold the receipts merely repay an existing loan rather than provide any new operating capital?

Its like a rollercoaster ride.....Im starting to feel sorry for them again!

Perhaps its my time of the month ;)
  • Options
    was it not the case that when we ground shared with them, on the day we played them as 'our' home fixture, they had use of the home team dressing room? although i have no soft spot for palarse i do feel a sense pleasure, excitement and anticipation from these derby fixtures when they come round (usually attached to a victory) and would consider it saddening if such games were to disappear. 'save the palarse' but leave em financially f***ed.
  • Options
    Love Google Adsense!!!!! Ha Ha Ha PMSL!
  • Options
    Administration, eventual painful relegation, SJ publically skint will do it for me. Don't want them to go under though, as Len says there are many decent Nigels who live the dream just like us.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    For the sake of every decent Palace fan who loves their Club, I'd hate for them to go into administration and I'd do what I could to assist them in their hour of need.

I would however love to buy a copy of Big Issue off Jordan, then kick his dog.

"Here's a tenner Jordan. Dance for me"
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Assistant Manager:
    London SE26 London se26 6pu Salary - 14000
    Working hours: Full-time
    Job type: Permanent
    Industry sector: Retail , Sales , Miscellaneous , Graduate

We are looking for someone to join the Team at our busy Club Superstore at Selhurst Park Stadium.

The ideal candidate will have previous Supervisory experience preferably in clothing, sport or fashion and will be experienced in all aspects of retail, encompassing both front of house and back office procedures. As an addition to the management team you will share responsibility with the Store Manager for driving sales, ensuring the store is professionally presented and well merchandised, managing staff and controlling stock.

You will also be responsible for the day-to-day running of our busy On-line shop, which requires reasonable computer skills as well as excellent communication and organisational skills.

Salary: £14k

34 - 41 hour per week (You will be required to work weekends and match days) 4 weeks holiday. Staff discounts.

Please send your CV to: Mark Tadman, Just Sport Pro Club Ltd, Crystal Palace Club Shop, Selhurst Park Stadium, London, SE25 6PU or email

Visa Required: Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location
    Job start date: ASAP

When is Pay Day? :-)
  • Options
    LoOKie - go to page 33 (I think) of the bbs and look at the google ad's.
  • Options
    Perhaps we should all apply for the job, a few of us may get interviews and then not attend.