Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Palace in Financial Trouble

Comments

• That Simon Jordan...What a martyr. What a jolly good fellow he is
  • I wish he'd blow his own trumpet a bit more though!!
  • edited August 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]I wish he'd blow his own trumpet a bit more though!![/quote]

What now he hasnt got his stalker to blow it for him>?
  • I, I, I, I.

Me, me, me, me......
  • Has he got £5m left to pump in?
  • Should we have a whip round?
  • "Players have to be paid - whether I agree with their moral scruples or contribution to the football club"
    Thats nice, he's agreed to pay contracts that he or one of his underlings made.
  • >>The last 12 weeks have been the most miserable I’ve ever had in my adult life<<

Surprised he did not add "Apart from seeing Charlton being relegated and their protracted takeover - enjoy Div 1 Tosser's" maybe he loves us really
  • did jordan have a difficult childhood then...?
  • SJ selling Palace to Richard Branson and then buying Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Very similar pickle to us, though we've got a decent stadium in place and they have probably been more frugal with the wages.

I don't doubt the money he is pumping in, is in the form of friendly debt rather than gifts, which could give him a problem when he tries to offload the club.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]I, I, I, I.

Me, me, me, me......

LOL but IF IF IF he has put another £5m then credit to him but...

Hasn't already charged all the club's assets to Portillo's off-shore banking business?

Weren't they covering running costs prior to a sale? Have they stepped away.

And £5m over a summer? How much are they flipping losing PA?

Where's Churley1 when you want him? : - )

Budgie/Son of Selhurst - would appreciate some intelligent Palace based comments.
  • The beauty of all this is that he cannot off load Palarse to another fool. He has been trying for long enough and now clearly it is hurting his pocket big time. This little tirade is hardly going to encourage a buyer unless Uncle Ron steps back into the fray.
    Obviously they will have to sell their better players and replace with Bosmans. They are very fortunate to have Colin as their shrewd manager otherwise things would get a lot worse.
    Methinks Churley and the other nigels should not be braying too much because this time next year.....
  • He had no other choice than to bung in the money. It was either that or go into administration and lose all his money. I absolute hate the bloke and the so called football club, but, at least he is keeping them in business and I don't want any club to close down
  • He's got a big mouth but he has, according to him, put his money in the same location.

Would be interesting to read what the Trust at Palace think. Addickted?
  • Palace just sold their best young prospect for £5million - Suspicious I am.
  • I read the article, and the reader comment underneath says:

"Its so sad to be reading this news on Palace....."

Anyone on here agree ..... ?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Palace just sold their best young prospect for £5million - Suspicious I am.[/quote]

Palace have reported interest in a couple of there young prospects (Moses and Clyne). However at the moment its all just paper talk, the same as it is with your young prospect Jonjo. Whether theres any truth in it, I'm not sure, some feel it's Palace trying to get a bidding war going, however one thing that can't be denied is that SJ needs to either find his buyer soon, or to generate some income by moving on at least one of our youngsters.

The realism though is that Palace are as they have always been a selling club, and that to keep a football club running profitably is virtually impossible, and as a Palace supporter, I'm very grateful he still has some cash left, and hope that he has enough, till he manages to find his buyer.
  • edited August 2009
    Pretty sure Moses hasn't gone to wigan yet! You are right but looks like £2m now and £3m+ in clauses if he goes Wigan
  • Has there ever been a player more relentlessly hyped, than Moses. He was going to be England's number one striker. Real Madrid were kicking Tango's doors in. Within a couple of years he's matured into a very average Championship player. If they got 2M for him, they'd be wetting themselves IMO. He'll be a couple of seasons at Wigan, then back, I reckon. Bruce Dyer for the new millenium.
  • Sponsored links:

• Moses to Wigan for £2m, but by no means is that written in stone ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Moses to Wigan for £2m, but by no means is that written in stone ;-)

Keep taking the tablets, LoOkie.

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Moses to Wigan for £2m, but by no means is that written in stone ;-)

I heard that as well. £1.2m upfront and the rest on appearances (£200k per 20 games)
  • Will be many more stories of clubs going into admin i fear this season. The banks are not lending, and many clubs are now feeling the pinch.

GIve Jordan his due here, as he could have easily not put more any money in.

Some people may laugh at Palace, but this could be us one day.
  • Agreed Shirty, it's awful to see any club in a position like this, even palace, shame really.

Something needs to be done and fast or soon we'll have only Prem clubs left, with thousads of fans left clubless.
  • [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]
    Some people may laugh at Palace, but this could be us one day.
    I think it is us, today.
  • Yea if can happen to Palace it could happen to us the prem clubs are taking the piss
  • The top handful of Prem clubs. The bulk of the money they are spending is going abroad as usual. Not much being spent on home grown talent. Some of the fees being talked about on players I've never even heard of is beyond belief. Not sustainable.
  • Perhaps SJ could mortgage something to raise cash?
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Perhaps SJ could mortgage something to raise cash?

Ouch! below the belt Dan. ;)