Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace in Financial Trouble

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]These are going to be tough times for any club outside the Sky 4. I think that it will end up with an EPL of those 4 teams playing each other on rotation unless something is done to put some money back into lower league football. And that's not just another way of begging people to give some money to CAFC!

I have a natural aversion to the stripeys, but I hope they manage to stay afloat. I wouldn't wish bankruptcy on any club - with the possible exception of the aformentioned Sky 4 (like that's going to happen).

A man after my own heart. Well said sir!
  • Options
    Frankly I wish the 'Sky 4' (best add Man City as well) would Pi** off to an EPL and leave the rest of our clubs to get back to reality.
  • Options
    Yes Churley, laying off the sunny delight today are we?

It's good that you can play nice when you want to.

P.S I'd steer well clear of red bull as well if I were you - that would be even worse!
  • Options
    Looks like someone else has been using your account Churley....

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=27873&page=1#Item_18
  • Options
    If anyone thinks that SJ won't sell Moses then they are in de-nile.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]If anyone thinks that SJ won't sell Moses then they are in de-nile.

Or In Seine
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    you can moan and g rhone all you like he's off!
  • Options
    Eventually SJ will Sever-n his connection to Palace and sell up.
  • Options
    I don't like all this crude talk about Palace. So Volga.
  • Options
    This has just turned into a massive palace bashing session good times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I bet SJ is looking pretty Po-faced today.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Jordan has many rivers to cross including the Jordan
  • Options
    I knew Palace were getting financially desperate a few days ago, when Warnock was on SSN spouting on that he didn't want to sell Moses and Clyne to Prem clubs. Although there had been NO approaches he wanted to keep it quiet. LOL
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Is this the same Churley1 who was rubbing it in like a French polisher on speed a few days ago.

Funny how a little bit of his own medicine has calmed him down.

Think the heading was 'Afternoon Numpties' wasn't it? Hmmmmm how things change.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Len id wish it on Arsenal. To see the smug twats sqirm ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now that would be a mighty fine thing. All the Sarf London Gooners would be toping themselves (shame id do it for em). Never happen , but i can dream.[/quote]

+ 1 :-)
  • Options
    Have to admit I'd wish it on Chelsea. It's not likely I know, but if it was proved that he had done something dodgy in building his empire and had all his assets seized I would not be able to stop laughing.
  • Options
    Nothings changed, I've known about our problems for a long time. Incidentally we're both in similar boats except you own your stadium but have the disadvantage of being a league lower. I merely came on here seeming as there has been very little interaction since your unfortunate relegation.

Agreed, I wouldn't wish for any club to go under either, football isn't a huge part of my life but I genuinely would find Saturday afternoons difficult if Palace went under...

The only thing Palace can do until/if we get investment is sell off a youngster a season i.e. Moses or Clyne. It's a sad truth but our academy is fast becoming one of the best outside the top 10 Prem clubs with Warnock giving 13 youngsters their debuts already.
  • Options
    I'm filling up, churley
  • Options
    Perhaps you could mortgage the Academy as well Churley?
  • Options
    Perhaps you could show your face on one of our boards other than when you have a reason to give us a dig? Always a no show whenever Charlton's demise worsens...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: churley1[/cite]Perhaps you could show your face on one of our boards other than when you have a reason to give us a dig? Always a no show whenever Charlton's demise worsens...

Personally I've tried going to one of your boards but it was crap so I don't go there anymore.

As far as I'm concerned you're welcome on here and it's interesting to read your points. 85% of us on here won't give you abuse. Just ignore those who do.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: churley1[/cite]Perhaps you could show your face on one of our boards other than when you have a reason to give us a dig? Always a no show whenever Charlton's demise worsens...

Or perhaps you could try to retain my explanation that I am no longer able to log onto BBS from work…… Either that or keep trotting out the same retort every time YOU want to have a dig?

Funny how youre happy to come one here and give it yet dont like it when the tables are turned.............
  • Options
    When have I ever made out that I don't like it when the tables are turned? I've been honest in our assessment of our club, our finances are shocking and at present, we are not an attractive club to buy or even look at.

I merely stated we have an academy which Jordan has invested heavily in which is our shining light...

You come out with the excuse of not being able to log on at work, yet you are rarely seen unless there is an opportunity to have a cheap shot at Palace and I doubt you have the class to show your face when times are tough at CAFC unlike some of the people on here.

How old are you by the way? I find it highly amusing that you use "LOL" as I am pretty sure you're a parent, that phrase is usually associated with chavs...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: churley1[/cite]When have I ever made out that I don't like it when the tables are turned? I've been honest in our assessment of our club, our finances are shocking and at present, we are not an attractive club to buy or even look at.

I merely stated we have an academy which Jordan has invested heavily in which is our shining light...

You come out with the excuse of not being able to log on at work, yet you are rarely seen unless there is an opportunity to have a cheap shot at Palace and I doubt you have the class to show your face when times are tough at CAFC unlike some of the people on here.

How old are you by the way? I find it highly amusing that you use "LOL" as I am pretty sure you're a parent, that phrase is usually associated with chavs...

But LOL means 'Love our Lifers' - you've got to be in with the in crowd man.

Chav means: white male, usually 13-30 range, socially marginalised, unemployed, found hanging on street corners wearing tracksuit bottoms and a burberry cap, with trademark tracksuit bottoms stuffed inside socks which are pulled up. They are to be found at Millwall matches.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: churley1[/cite]When have I ever made out that I don't like it when the tables are turned? I've been honest in our assessment of our club, our finances are shocking and at present, we are not an attractive club to buy or even look at.

An I was merely making a joke at your expense, just like you have done with us in the past…..

Link 1
    Link2

Stop being so precious! Am I not allowed to do that yet you are? This sort of comment is exactly why I said you don't like it when the tables are turned.

I was on Palace MBs after we lost to your reserves in the Carling Cup, when we got relegated from the Prem, missed out on the playoffs, lost to you in Sept...Yet wasnt on there when we beat you....You go figure Churley.

So you wouldn't use other commonly used abbreviations such as TBA, FYI, ETA etc then I assume?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Chav means: white male, usually 13-30 range, socially marginalised, unemployed, found hanging on street corners wearing tracksuit bottoms and a burberry cap, with trademark tracksuit bottoms stuffed inside socks which are pulled up. They are to be found at Millwall matches.

Pleased that rules me out then Jimmy.

Pheeew. Churley really had me sweating there with that Chav related implication....;)
  • Options
    GUYS!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]GUYS!

Let him throw his toys around for a bit. He'll soon tire himself out
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: churley1[/cite]I merely stated that Jordan is a whining shite...

EFA
  • Options
    I see that the transfer embargo is in place as Jordan won't pay John Oster the £47k he owes him.

Couldn't you have a whip round before the Plymouth game?