Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace in Financial Trouble

Comments

• Options
    With their crowds, perhaps Brighton might be a more suitable option? At least until they get their new ground after which perhaps palace can get first dibs on the whitdean as a permanent home in future?
  • Options
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1213957/Crystal-Palace-land-second-transfer-ban-money-owed-Ipswich-Alan-Lee.html?ITO=1490
  • Options
    This M'bargo fella better be any good, as we seem desperate to have him around the place.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]This M'bargo fella better be any good, as we seem desperate to have him around the place.

LOL be careful they don't start looking at Adam Inistration, otherwise you'll have to get those buckets out again !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: No.1 in South London[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]This M'bargo fella better be any good, as we seem desperate to have him around the place.

LOL be careful they don't start looking at Adam Inistration, otherwise you'll have to get those buckets out again !

We'd have to be really desperate to go for him, I'll wait until this loan deal with M'bargo goes first.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    My eldest is a Season Ticket Holder at Welling and he tells me that negotiations with the regards to a ground share at their place are "at an advanced stage".

Stumbling block appears to be Jordan's excessive demands for his own "standing area". Issue is that the stand at Park View Road isn't currently big enough to accomodate his head and neither Club can afford to replace it with one more in keeping with the Orange one's legendary status (well the one in his own mind anyway).
  • Options
    So Budgie/SoS,

Is this non payment to Ippo for Lee just Jordan keeping hold of his wedge to pay the next rent installment for SP due at the end of the month (I believe £303,000), or is it to pay the next installment of the Kuqi transfer?

The next £303,000 rent payment is due on January 1st - just as the transfer window opens - will the embargo still be in place then?

Good to see you're cutting your cloth with Lawrence now on the transfer list - any idea how much a week he's on?
  • Options
    Least they won't be signing Fortune, had a feeling he'd end up there!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]So Budgie/SoS,

Is this non payment to Ippo for Lee just Jordan keeping hold of his wedge to pay the next rent installment for SP due at the end of the month (I believe £303,000), or is it to pay the next installment of the Kuqi transfer?

The next £303,000 rent payment is due on January 1st - just as the transfer window opens - will the embargo still be in place then?

Good to see you're cutting your cloth with Lawrence now on the transfer list - any idea how much a week he's on?

Would make sense. A transfer embargo doesn't hurt Palace much now but not paying the rent could mean that having defaulted the owner could foreclose. Would depend on the lease of course but the bank who now own Selhurst Pk may not really care about CPFC and be happy to sell the land to Sainsbury and/or for housing.

Still it means that Palace have to find, by 1 Jan £606k in rent and slices of Lee and Kuqi's transfer fees. Maybe as much as £1m or even more. Simon must be praying for a good cup draw, like Charlton at home, to bail him out.
  • Options
    David Gold may bail em out. . .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]David Gold may bail em out. . .

I doubt anyone will "bail" Palace (Jordan more specifically) out as there is nothing to buy but debt. More likely to go into administration again and let someone pick it up for nothing. Jordan will take a massive hit (if) when that happens as he has personally guaranteed all the loans, which will of course be called in. Shame, as he seemed so bullish a couple of years back when he was bragging about the money he was making from Palace and the extravagance of his lifestyle. Like everything he gets involved in, seems to allways smell of bulls#!t.
  • Options
    how much did his movie make/lose? Out on DVD already I see.
  • Options
    It's a fact of life that smaller clubs have to sell to survive. If Palace are in the sh*t and need to find cash by January then can't they just sell 1 or both of Clyne and Moses in the january window. I'm assuming this embargo is only on them not buying, rather than selling, players.
  • Options
    Oh man, I love the idea of Jordan and his little mate's movie! Who on earth ever thought that that would be a hit or make any money?
    Hmmm what shall we watch tonight...I know a biopic of Joe Meek. Yeah right
    Couple of weirdos
  • Options
    Gold and Jordan have the same kind of relationship as the Orange one has with Murray, FACT. Due to his Tossers comment after they played Brum
  • Options
    Do you play the lottery? What would you do if you won? I don’t agree with it. I think money is something you have to earn through hard work. If I won, I’d give it to charity – maybe something that helped disadvantaged kids.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha - such a load of crap!

Seems he is destined to die a pauper if you ask me - far too frivolous. Good luck to him though - I'd give my right arm for that lifestyle if it were sustainable!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/money/article2367182.ece

What a complete and utter prik
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: No.1 in South London[/cite]http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/money/article2367182.ece

He lives like a king !

That piece is a couple of years old. I think we ridiculed him when it came out at the time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: No.1 in South London[/cite]http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/money/article2367182.ece

He lives like a king !

That piece is a couple of years old. I think we ridiculed him when it came out at the time.

Appreciated, but it was put up as a comparrison to where he finds himself today. Would be interesting to see how he would answer the questions now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]how much did his movie make/lose? Out on DVD already I see.[/quote]

I believe he invested £2m into the film himself - and it's known in my industry as the biggest individual investment ever into an independently made movie. Looking into the cinema numbers, he lost another £200k on the theatrical release. The DVD is out on the 28th September - pre-orders are quite good, but music fims don't actually sell very well on DVD - he may get his Theatrical investment back, but I doubt he'll see a lot of the actual original £2m back .....

Shame .... well, shame for Nick Moran as I've met him a few times and he's actually a very promising director who's next film promises to be very good. I walked past him last week in Soho and he said hello to me - as he's got manners. SJ, on the other hand, has no style.
  • Options
    cheers superclive, remember now that you work in that world.

Didnt you met SJ when he was looking for a silly distrubution deal?

£2m loss! And that was with some decent reviews.

Still put his momey were his mouth is.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]how much did his movie make/lose? Out on DVD already I see.

I believe he invested £2m into the film himself - and it's known in my industry as the biggest individual investment ever into an independently made movie. Looking into the cinema numbers, he lost another £200k on the theatrical release. The DVD is out on the 28th September - pre-orders are quite good, but music fims don't actually sell very well on DVD - he may get his Theatrical investment back, but I doubt he'll see a lot of the actual original £2m back .....

Shame .... well, shame for Nick Moran as I've met him a few times and he's actually a very promising director who's next film promises to be very good. I walked past him last week in Soho and he said hello to me - as he's got manners. SJ, on the other hand, has no style.

I wanted to see this film but don't remember it being shown at the likes of Bluewater Cinema. Were they unable to get decent distribution for the film?
  • Options
    Yes, he wanted a silly distribution deal and the deal he did in the end was worse than the one I offered him .... never mind. The film went into about 30 cinemas - and it didn't take a lot of money - but music films don't. It's not actually a bad film and will do ok on DVD sales.
  • Options
    what was it called so i never inadvertantly give him some cash
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]what was it called so i never inadvertantly give him some cash

Download it and give copys to anyone who wants to watch it, deliberately screwing the c***!
  • Options
    would if i knew what it was called bud
  • Options
    I don't know either :(
  • Options
    The film is called "Telstar".
  • Options
    I seem to recall that it received good reviews on release, but perhaps a bit too niche to crossover and become a mainstream success.