Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace in Financial Trouble

Comments

• Options
    Bing, I can see what you are saying, but I think Jordan wants out, and is unwilling to put ant more money in. I certainly don't know what his personal wealth is, but I think if he wanted to carry on with the club, he would have found the money for Ipswich, and avoided the embargo.

The thing is, it is a problem he has created himself, by not allowing any other investors into the club. If he had adopted Charltons methods and welcomed outside investment, both he and Palace would be in a better position than they currently are.
  • Options
    Oh I'm sure he wants to get out. Clearly he doesn't want to put any more money in than he absolutely has to. Charlton's latest 7 million investment has come from directors/shareholders who feel that the club's is currently undervalued and hope that they can strike a deal sometime in the future to the benefit of the club and for their shareholder value.

One thing that I wonder is whether he has struggled to find a buyer because of the onerous rental deal he struck with Kemsley/Rock? Perhaps this is a big impediment and reducing the rent and extending the term may be the best way of making the club as attractive a proposition as possible? Otherwise, if he has the money, why impoverish the club.

Either way to me it all adds up to him being unable to continue to finance the clubs losses for much longer. Let's hope for your sake Budgie, that he finds a buyer sometime soon.
  • Options
    I think we'll all be happy to see Jordan gone, but obviously for differnt reasons.

Palace simply can't afford to have him hang around for much longer, as we are stagnatting.

With Rock in administration, now would be the perfect opportunity for a new buyer to possibly pick up Selhurst at a reasonable figure. For Palace to progress, the ground has to be re-united (in reality this time), apparently there are potential buyers lurking, but they seem to be calling Jordans bluff, and are waiting for him to fall.
  • Options
    I reckon Nookie Bear should put in a bid.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]With Rock in administration, now would be the perfect opportunity for a new buyer to possibly pick up Selhurst at a reasonable figure.

Even Noades?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]With Rock in administration, now would be the perfect opportunity for a new buyer to possibly pick up Selhurst at a reasonable figure.

Even Noades?

Now how funny would that be!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]

Even Noades?

I'm not a Noades fan, he screwedc us more than he screwed you, but as part of a consortium with financial clout, then probably yes.
  • Options
    It's interesting that in our own re-positioning we have kept the training facilities in the club package. Any prospective buyer has a ground, training ground, the present team and fan base to acquire.For Palace it seems that there is a lot of fragmentation....the present team is higher placed than ours....but in other respects if i were contemplating buying them there is not only the consolidation of the stadium with the team, but the much needed development of the stadium (something we have mainly sorted and funded already) to sort out.. A neutral buying a south London club would judge Charlton to be the better bet than Palace.Of course Jordan may have a spare 40million to transform Palaces' fortunes, but with a transfer embargo in place and even that not sorted out those Palace fans who feel triumphant about our relative positions ought to make hay while the sun goes down on them.
  • Options
    PALACE chairman Simon Jordan has revealed the transfer embargo placed on the club by the Football League was lifted weeks ago - but insisted no new players will be joining the squad in the January window.

Jordan confirmed the block on player signings had been resolved after he settled the outstanding money owed to Ipswich Town for the services of Alan Lee.

However, with money tight at the club manager Neil Warnock will continue to have to work with what he's got.

"We haven't been under embargo for weeks," said the Eagles chairman. "But I can tell you now there'll be no more transfers coming in during the window."

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/...l/article.html
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]PALACE chairman Simon Jordan has revealed the transfer embargo placed on the club by the Football League was lifted weeks ago - but insisted no new players will be joining the squad in the January window.

Jordan confirmed the block on player signings had been resolved after he settled the outstanding money owed to Ipswich Town for the services of Alan Lee.

However, with money tight at the club manager Neil Warnock will continue to have to work with what he's got.

The man is a master of bullshyte and spin.......who can possibly believe a word he says.

"We haven't been under embargo for weeks," said the Eagles chairman. "But I can tell you now there'll be no more transfers coming in during the window."

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/...l/article.html

The man is a master of bullshyte and spin....who in their right mind believes a word he says.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ... weeks ago ...

yeah course it was
  • Options
    Dont know if any of you guys have picked up on this but Spurs played Palace in a behind-closed-doors friendly yesterday (Spurs won 7-1 btw), apparently according to some of the Spurs sites I've seen, the main reason for the friendly was to give a trial to their youngster, Victor Moses. Simon Jordan was trying desperately to offload him to us in the last transfer window but Spurs baulked at the £3m asking price but it appears they are ever so keen to get a deal done on the cheap now...

So much for Jordan not wanting to deal with us after the Routledge and Bostock malarky. http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/obikafourmidable101109.html
  • Options
    Beggars can't be choosers obviously.
  • Options
    don't think it proves anything.

We played Palace behind closed doors too and beat them 6 - 2 or similar.
  • Options
    It just goes to show two-faced Jordan is. How he ever made it rich I don't know, football is a professional sport requiring professional people. Only a matter of time now before the curtain falls on Selhurst and its cronies.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]Dont know if any of you guys have picked up on this but Spurs played Palace in a behind-closed-doors friendly yesterday (Spurs won 7-1 btw), apparently according to some of the Spurs sites I've seen, the main reason for the friendly was to give a trial to their youngster, Victor Moses. Simon Jordan was trying desperately to offload him to us in the last transfer window but Spurs baulked at the £3m asking price but it appears they are ever so keen to get a deal done on the cheap now..

If Spurs were geniunely interested in Moses would they not be better off scouting him in a first team game instead of a friendly against Spurs reserve/youth team?
    I don't know if Moses has been injured or not but he's started less than half of Palace's games this season which would suggest he's not the world beater he was hyped up to be.
  • Options
    No Chris, Darren Ambrose is the world beater!
  • Options
    You mean their legendary youth team got another trouncing?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]You mean their legendary youth team got another trouncing?

Fnnar fnnar. Palace to be fair also had Carle and Lawrence playing

Game was held so they could look at Moses - rumour is they are going to offer £1m + 'add ons'. Very young Spurs side including Bostock (who sored a goal) bossed the game from the start - a couple of their youngsters just back from loan deals (at Yeovil?) made Moses look like McLoed.

I've also noticed Colin has been 'bigging up' Speroni recently :- (should go to the World Cup with Argentina, top 5 goalkeeper in the country, hung like a baboon.......). Wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the January window, to help pay the rent.
  • Options
    Unfortunately the loan players were only returning for this one off game, they'll be back at Yeovil when we play them. The bloke (Obika) who scored 4 against Palace is Yeovils main striker
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Unfortunately the loan players were only returning for this one off game, they'll be back at Yeovil when we play them. The bloke (Obika) who scored 4 against Palace is Yeovils main striker

He also scored against our Youth Team last season.

Has pace and strength but has only started 6 games for them and scored twice. They also have Steven Caulker (defender - played 14) and Ryan Mason (midfielder - played 12, scored 4) on loan form Spurs so it looks like they are Spurs' feeder Club!
  • Options
    From the Daily Star - that well known publication of truth and justice........

CRYSTAL PALACE will be forced to axe their top stars to help avoid administration.

Owner Simon Jordan hopes to bring in £5m from the sale of teenage talent Victor Moses, Sean Scannell and Nathaniel Clyne in January.

It is understood that out-of-contract Eagles, including skipper Shaun Derry, Clint Hill and Danny Butterfield, have been given permission to speak to other clubs about a summer move.

Players with contracts expiring at the end of the season are unhappy with the club’s failure to begin discussions over fresh terms. But even if talks over new contracts are started, wage cuts are expected.
  • Options
    Why cant they simply remortgage the Jumbotron? Or perhaps ring around and sell a few more 5 yr STs for a couple of bob?
  • Options
    Hi Charlton Dan.

Not seen you on here before so welcome.

You'll find Charlton Life is a friendly place just avoid politics and take regular toilet breaks.
  • Options
    That other bastion of truth the Mirror has a different angle on the story.

Crystal Palace supremo Simon Jordan has hired agents to sell his stars - as he looks to balance the books at his Championship club.

Jordan is feeling the pinch after years of trying to keep the Eagles competitive and called in the First Artist agency in a bid to raise money.

Youngsters Victor Moses and Shaun Scannell could be sold in an attempt to bring in money - with the agents given exclusive rights to move out all of their players.

Moses was tipped to make a big move but is now being offered round to any takers, while Scannell's meteoric rise has burned out and he will also be sold for the right price

So Mr "I hate agents and make a big song and dance about it even though I used to own shares in a major agency" Jordan has brought in some agents to sell his players. With a generous commission no doubt.

But surely if the world's greatest youth system's products were so good they would sell themselves
  • Options
    Woefully unrealistic if he thinks that he will get £5million for that lot as well!
  • Options
    Moses has started just 6 games this season, Scannell and Clyne have started 3 each. Hardly setting the league alight are they?
  • Options
    Doesn't Jordan part own First Artist?

So he gets the dosh for the Club and keeps a percentage for himself. Nice bit of business.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Doesn't Jordan part own First Artist?

So he gets the dosh for the Club and keeps a percentage for himself. Nice bit of business.

He has shares in them but isn't a director.

Hypocrite of the first order.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Hi Charlton Dan.

Not seen you on here before so welcome.

You'll find Charlton Life is a friendly place just avoid politics and take regular toilet breaks.

Thanks. You'll find I'm easy going, hate arguments and am civilised and charitable to visiting oppo fans