Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace in Financial Trouble

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Hi Charlton Dan.

Not seen you on here before so welcome.

You'll find Charlton Life is a friendly place just avoid politics and take regular toilet breaks.

Thanks. You'll find I'm easy going, hate arguments and am civilised and charitable to visiting oppo fans

You'll fit in well here then.

And remember Admin do like some variety so the more non-footballing discussions you can start the better.
  • Options
    I get really excited when I see this thread. Anway, there are far more important issues, like whether Labour or Tories will win the next election?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jason1[/cite]I get really excited when I see this thread. Anway, there are far more important issues, like whether Labour or Tories will win the next election?

I agree. Either Labour or Tories will win the next election.
  • Options
    No chance of a hung parliment then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]No chance of a hung parliment then?

Hanging the lot of them would be good but can't see it happening myself.
  • Options
    Good form Henry !
  • Options
    Very funny, but surely hangings to good for them!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]Very funny, but surely hangings to good for them!

Combined with drawn and quartered I would probably find it more acceptable.
  • Options
    Sorry just realised made excactly the same gag in response to your wit Henry. I have neve even been drinking!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I highly doubt he was ever interested in Palace. It just wouldn't make financial sense, not to mention common sense. To my mind, he was stringing them along, dangling the carrot just to wind them all up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]I highly doubt he was ever interested in Palace. It just wouldn't make financial sense, not to mention common sense. To my mind, he was stringing them along, dangling the carrot just to wind them all up.
    Sounds like a perfect Charlton Chairman!
  • Options
    Not keen to get involved in a long term project ! Surely thats us out of the frame too !?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Not keen to get involved in a long term project ! Surely thats us out of the frame too !?

Not at all shooters....he/they most likely plan to do the same as they did at Brum....build the club into a Prem side and then sell on for a profit at a later date.
    I'd settle for that in our current situation...not ideal and a huge change in ethos from what we've been used to these last 15 years or so(we'd ALL have to bite the bullet)...but beggars can't be choosers.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    "The club’s football staff and management were called into an emergency meeting after Saturday’s 3-0 home win over Watford to be told their wages would not be paid tomorrow."

I wonder why they didn't tell them before the game ;- )

Still, Simon Jordan is a great Chairman. He saved the club after waiting for over a year while it was in administration and just about to close down before deciding that he'd save it.
  • Options
    Did anyone read Warnock's comments after the game?

"People look at Victor and have doubts about his temperament but i think he'll blossom the higher he goes"
    "The first club to gamble on him will have a jewel on their hands. If anything he'll find the premier league easier than the championship"
    "I'm sure they'll be interest for him in the transfer window"

Might as well have just come out and said "will someone please buy Victor Moses in January"
  • Options
    I'm sure Simon would be grateful if any of you were willing to pass buckets around at your game tomorrow, I know Palace are regarded as highly by your opponents tomorrow as we are by you, and please can someone filter them before passing them onto Simon, and ensure its only the money thats passed on.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]I'm sure Simon would be grateful if any of you were willing to pass buckets around at your game tomorrow, I know Palace are regarded as highly by your opponents tomorrow as we are by you, and please can someone filter them before passing them onto Simon, and ensure its only the money thats passed on.

Jordan can go feck himself.

However, as you did us such a big favour all those years ago, if you are still unable to pay the rent again come January, then I'm sure that nice Mr Murray would help out Palace by offering The Valley for you to play your home games on.

I believe we've even got a couple of old portakabins in the West Stand car park you could borrow.
  • Options
    Hmmmm, Certain Charlton fan (not one of us) has been asked to comment about the crisis on BBC's London news show. He has had to decline though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Hmmmm, Certain Charlton fan (not one of us) has been asked to comment about the crisis on BBC's London news show. He has had to decline though.

Do tell (by whisper if needs be)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Hmmmm, Certain Charlton fan (not one of us) has been asked to comment about the crisis on BBC's London news show. He has had to decline though.

Have you got my mobile number Dave?

I have a few facts and figures at the ready :-)
  • Options
    Not a secret if you follow him on Twitter. Mr Lopata.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Not a secret if you follow him on Twitter. Mr Lopata.

Andy, Andy, give us a ring;
    Andy, give us a ring................
  • Options
    Is he doing the BBCLondon Radio thing ?
    What time ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Is he doing the BBCLondon Radio thing ?
    What time ?

Definitely BBC London but don't know at what time.
  • Options
    Just got a message from Andy......
    Between 7:30 and 8:30 tonight.
  • Options
    Get in there Addickted!
  • Options
    AL has pulled out of interview so now you can get back to watching your "Eastenders Street in the Emmerdale jungle" wotsit.
  • Options
    The Sub "Free" Standard is reporting that Watford need an injection of cash before 22nd Dec to avoid administration. Quite a few of these to come I reckon.