Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace in Financial Trouble

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]I see that the transfer embargo is in place as Jordan won't pay John Oster the £47k he owes him.

Couldn't you have a whip round before the Plymouth game?
    :)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    quite smart of Jordan.

Pay HMR&C as they will issue a winding up order

Pay EDF as otherwise they will cut the power off.

Pay the programme printers in advance or they won't deliver the programmes (as they threatened to do before)

Pay the players who are still there as they have to turn out on Saturday

Don't play the players who have left as they aren't around and you can have a moan about having to pay them anything despite you agreeing the contracts personally.

As for one of the best youth academies because 13 players have appeared that doesn't automatically follow.

Charlton must have played 7 or 8 academy products last season plus we "sold" a player to Man Utd.

Was this because our academy is so great or, because like Palace, it was a case of making a virtue out of a necessity.
  • Options
    Well they ain't done themselves any favours with the signing of Stern John, our paper reported the Palace contract was worth 2 times the amount of ours, Ours was £4.5k per week so he must be on around £9k a week....
  • Options
    You sure thats not a contract we've offered!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]Well they ain't done themselves any favours with the signing of Stern John, our paper reported the Palace contract was worth 2 times the amount of ours, Ours was £4.5k per week so he must be on around £9k a week....

Players contracts are a bit like a penis.

It's not just size but length as well ; - )

So a two year contract at Palace might well be worth twice as much as a one year contract at Saints even if the wages are the same.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Chav means: white male, usually 13-30 range, socially marginalised, unemployed, found hanging on street corners wearing tracksuit bottoms and a burberry cap, with trademark tracksuit bottoms stuffed inside socks which are pulled up. They are to be found at Millwall matches.

And croydon.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]GUYS!

Let him throw his toys around for a bit. He'll soon tire himself out

My son doesn't
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]Well they ain't done themselves any favours with the signing of Stern John, our paper reported the Palace contract was worth 2 times the amount of ours, Ours was £4.5k per week so he must be on around £9k a week....[/quote]

Players contracts are a bit like a penis.

It's not just size but length as well ; - )

So a two year contract at Palace might well be worth twice as much as a one year contract at Saints even if the wages are the same.[/quote]

He's one a one year at Palace I think.
  • Options
    You've got to love the name Stern John.
    Are there any other characters from Grimm's Fairytales in the Football league?
  • Options
    stern john in the last minute..... even though he is at palace he's a player i've always loved for that oh so sweet footballing moment
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I seriously doubt that Jordan is paying someone 9K per week at Palace - they would not pay Hudson 11K last year so how are they going to pay a veteran like John 9K this year? No, even in the CCC, most players would be lucky to get 5K per week in the current climate. At our level we'd be lucky to be paying 2-3K per week.
  • Options
    Just heard that Bristol City have reported Palace to the FA for not paying the due installment of £250k for Nick Carle.

Go on Jordan - dig deep.
  • Options
    Oh dear sounds like he has to finally stump up or the situation is just going to nose dive
  • Options
    This doesn't change the situation much hough, does it? They are already banned from signing new players. What other sanctions can the FA enforce?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Just heard that Bristol City have reported Palace to the FA for not paying the due installment of £250k for Nick Carle.

Go on Jordan - dig deep.

But Jordan said it was only bonuses for players who had left which hadn't been paid.

Surely Mr "I've re-united the club and the Ground" Jordan wouldn't be economical with the truth?
  • Options
    From the sound of things he's being economical with lots of things...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]I are they going to pay a veteran like John 9K this year? .
    The credit crunch is biting in football...
  • Options
    From Today's Evening Sub-Standard

Sporting Miscellanies

06.08.09 Jordan's words come back to haunt him

We doubt Simon Jordan ever truly regrets saying anything.

But the Crystal Palace chairman might wish he had chosen his words slightly more carefully in an interview with The Surrey Comet in June when he discussed how he came to fund the art-house movie Telstar.

"I was at my desk at Crystal Palace desperately trying to avoid signing cheques and I decided to write an even bigger one for this film," he recalled.

Turns out he wasn't joking: Jordan's failure to sign those aforementioned cheques for the players Palace released at the end of last season prompted the Football League to impose a transfer embargo on the club this week.

Now nobody at Selhurst Park will be doing any kind of signing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]From Today's Evening Sub-Standard

Sporting Miscellanies

06.08.09Jordan's words come back to haunt him

We doubt Simon Jordan ever truly regrets saying anything.

But the Crystal Palace chairman might wish he had chosen his words slightly more carefully in an interview with The Surrey Comet in June when he discussed how he came to fund the art-house movie Telstar.

"I was at my desk at Crystal Palace desperately trying to avoid signing cheques and I decided to write an even bigger one for this film," he recalled.

Turns out he wasn't joking: Jordan's failure to sign those aforementioned cheques for the players Palace released at the end of last season prompted the Football League to impose a transfer embargo on the club this week.

Now nobody at Selhurst Park will be doing any kind of signing.

LOL
  • Options
    The transfer embargo has been removed so Jordan must have paid up :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]The transfer embargo has been removed so Jordan must have paid up :-(

The first installment of the SKY money came into his coffers last week.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]The transfer embargo has been removed so Jordan must have paid up :-(

The first installment of the SKY money came into his coffers last week.
    I heard they had rung around and offered a load of 5yr season tickets at £200 (or some other stupid figure). Which of course is a good way of raising money until you workout how much long-term revenue theyre giving away!
  • Options
    Rumours abound that the transfer embargo on Palace, having been lifted, is now back on again.

No suggestion as to why but can only assume further none payments to players and/or other clubs.
  • Options
    Not a rumour any more, tis fact!
  • Options
    i hear they have not paid the rent on the ground for the last 7 months
  • Options
    Perhaps they could Ground Share with us ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]Perhaps they could Ground Share with us ?

Only in our worst nightmares
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]

It'd be a great idea.

I'm sure we could find a portacabin and stick it somewhere up by the Bartram gates and give them a corner of the superstore and charge them an exorbitant rent.
  • Options

Love it. only open half the ground
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]

Love it. only open half the ground

Do you think they'd need that much?