Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace in Financial Trouble

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]Hello Budgie.. nice of you come on here at least you like to have a good debate other than the mentailly retarded on here !! I have friends that like Millwall and others Palace.. ok we might not like each others teams but we all have one thing in common and that is football !! I agre we can't knock Jordan for his love of football club.. did the rot set in when Mark Goldberg took over (a case of heart rules head time?)

I would love to see a complete "collapse" of football and for it to be "re-invneted"

atm on the bbs we have a complete retard carlton dan (not your own charlton dan), and although a couple of his threads are quite funny, the majority are ridiculous.
    I have been lurking and agree that the majority of his posts are out of order, despite the odd gem. I wish you, the fans, all the best Budgie and I say that with the utmost sincerity.

SJ on the other hand.... Well I hope CPFC drags him down and sucks him dry. As others have said here the guy has no class whatsoever, is a liar and a bully. Karma is a great thing.

Having said all that I must admit to laughing my head off at the little CharltonDanisms that Carlton keeps popping into his post just to get the usual subjects all excited at the thought of it being me. Theres one poster who thinks Ive signed up as SoooooooperPalace (remember the name from Rivals days. As if Id be that stupid) just because that person created the username on a day that was my last day visiting the site for a few weeks. My god!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I don't know if anyone's mentioned this but what strikes me is that this is a clear attempt to market the Beagles to an American market. Why would an American Million / Billionaire want to buy into that coz they're not exactly Arsenal, Villa Manyoo or Liverpool are they...

Maybe they think Americans won't know or bother to find out about Palace's status and situation and just cough up £7.5m. To a billion dollar investment funding it is chicken feed but that seems very optimistic.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pauldcpfc[/cite]So, Charlton Dan. Still too embarrassed to come back on the BBS? Don't give what you can't take.

LOL! Nice try Moobs.

I PM'd you via BBS explaining why I wouldn't be posting on there to which you sent a reply. Accept it or move on but don't try laying schoolboy bait in an attempt to get me back on there. LMFAO.... My God you must really be desperate for a bit of attention.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pauldcpfc[/cite]League One.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/championship/news/ambrose-named-player-of-the-month-20091205_2248204_1896064

13 goals for Charlton in 112 games

13 goals for Palace in 23 games.

caravan%20smash.jpg

Well done. Make the most of Ambrose's goals then as he'll more than likely be off in January so you can afford to get through the rest of the season.

And i wouldn't mock league one if i were you as when you go into administration, you'll be heading there yourselves. And we'll be passing you on the way up.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Guys - Dont rip into Paul. Hes only a nipper
  • Options
    Palace in financial trouble??? What do you think Churchill??? ......Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yessssssss..........

Whats kind of really disturbing about this thread is the relaxed attitude some people have to the prospect of the club going in to administration.

There seems to be a baseless belief that it'll all be fine. I think this is a wider issue in football that a club can be wreckless with its finances and worse case scenario is get docked ten points and start with a clean slate...................whilst knocking lots of creditors in the process.

One day, and soon I suspect a club will go into admin and not emerge from it............I have know reason to believe that club wont be Palace.

Bad times!
  • Options
    With you there SOS, admin should be more than 10point deduction with the damage it could do to small suppliers etc. They are always the real losers. Maybe 10 points for the next 3 seasons or something would make it a less enticing choice?
  • Options
    good point SOS.

clubs seem to always survive so people assume that it will always be so.

Meanwhile small businesses get knocked for lots of cash, something SJ is expert at.
  • Options
    Winding up petition has been issued on Palace by HMRC.

To be heard on 27th January.
  • Options
    How much is owed? This could be the end of the orange tosser, can't wait to see what kind of a c**t takes them over next.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the general consensus here is that we all want the orange one to end up selling the big issue, but dont want any club to fold, even if it is Palace.
  • Options
    We could employ him as a new type of mascot or something - perhaps a regular on pitch, pre-match stoning or flogging.

Richard Murray would undoubtedly give him a job for old times sake.
  • Options
    Is that confirmed or just rumour.

Jordan issued a very carefully worded denial.
  • Options
    Well, finally seen the day when the taxman does us all a favour!

Seriously though wouldn't want them to go out of business. Relegated and Jordan potless is another matter though.
  • Options
    The Sun today reports that Gold and Sullivan will move on to Palace if West Ham turn them down.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]The Sun today reports that Gold and Sullivan will move on to Palace if West Ham turn them down.[/quote]The super soaraway Sun,mmm,believe that story when we see the 2 Daves holding Palarse scarves above their heads...
  • Options
    ''Palace chief denies winding up order
    Thursday, December 17, 2009, 09:27
    Comment on this story

CHAIRMAN Simon Jordan has denied Crystal Palace have been issued with a winding up order from Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs.

The Advertiser were tipped off earlier this week that Palace were due to be summoned to court by HMRC for unpaid income tax.

The order was said to be delivered to the club at the start of the month, but Jordan denied any knowledge of such action.

"No that is absolutely not correct," he said. "The club have not been issued with a winding up order."

*For the full story and all the latest Palace news see Friday's Croydon Advertiser''

but then on the palace BBS

"The petition was issued on 2nd December and the hearing date is scheduled for 27th January. That is as expected. The pleasing thing is that the amount owed is only £1,202,977.26 which in the general run of things is not that much at all. I have to say I was expecting it to be a lot more and probably over £3m."

Jordan in untruth shock
  • Options
    No, Jordan is telling the truth.

Palace have not been issued with a winding up order - just a petition for one.

The order comes following the hearing on 27th January.
  • Options
    'amount owed is only £1,202,977.26 which in the general run of things is not that much at all'

is if you have not got it !!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]No, Jordan is telling the truth.

Palace have not been issued with a winding up order - just a petition for one.

The order comes following the hearing on 27th January.

Agreed but not "quite the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth" is it.

Hence my crafty use of "untruth" and not "lie"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite].[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_597796 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]comicalali.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

Blimey. I'm a bit concerned about the spokesman he uses these days!
  • Options
    Is that Dominic Jordan?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite].[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_597796][ul][div]comicalali.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

LOL. Wonder what ever happened to 'comical ally'?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]I think the general consensus here is that we all want the orange one to end up selling the big issue, but dont want any club to fold, even if it is Palace.
    Agreed
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Is that confirmed or just rumour.

Jordan issued a very carefully worded denial.

"No that is absolutely not correct," he said. "The club have not been issued with a winding up order."

Presumably his accountants have managed to avoid the writ being served rather than there being no truth whatsoever in the story.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]'amount owed is only £1,202,977.26 which in the general run of things is not that much at all'

is if you have not got it !!!!!!

The vat/tax bill may only be £1.2m but overall, I would hazzard a guess that he in fact needs closer to the £7.5m that he is trying to trouser through that laughable investment he has put out. As if seems very likely that that little scam fails, he may need to raise that amount through player sales in the transfer window, but given the state football in general is in at the minute, I doubt very much that the whole squad at Palace would generate that sort of cash up front. Troubled times for Palace indeed as I guess it is for any football club trying to raise significant investments at present !!
  • Options
    It's ok, Moses will be sold in the transfer window and Jordan will survive. Although when news gets out that Palace are stony arsed skint he won't get anywhere near the market value.
  • Options
    Jordan has already borrowed money against his transfer sales in January - so unless they get over £5m for a player/players, it won't make a jot of difference.

Don't forget by the end of the month, as well as HMRC, he has to pay the next rent for SP (though to be fair he hasn't paid the last 3 quarters), he has to pay his monthly mortgage payments to Aglio (you know, the investor who deals with 'distressed' companies), he has the players to pay again (already late payments twice this season), VAT quarterly payments (he has sold a whole wedge of new long term STs), next payments on the Carle and Lee transfers (to Brizzle and Ippo respectively), outstanding salaries and bonuses to players who have already left and Uncle Tom Cobbly and all and all and Unlce Tom Cobbly and all.

Here's a tenner you orange tosser.

Dance for me.
  • Options
    yes, as addickted says Agilio have a charge on the players so any money from sales goes to them.

Hence the document to raise 7.5m. In lay terms he is using one credit card to pay off another credit card bill but the debt is still there.

And their is no guarentee that they can sell players or even give some away.

Not that we r in great shape so lets not laugh too much.