Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• SWFC signed Rob Jones and David Prutton today. Two very good frees in my opinion.
    Much as I hate to disagree with a fellow Balompié, but prutton is mierda.
  • SWFC signed Rob Jones and David Prutton today. Two very good frees in my opinion.
    Much as I hate to disagree with a fellow Balompié, but prutton is mierda.
    Think he'll do a job but Douglas would have been the better capture... Betis made their 1st signing today as well... too much to keep up with this transfer lark.
  • Pruttons legs are shot - chased shadows and kicked people all season I believe
  • Agree with ISaw that Douglas would have been a better signing

Latest FR gems:

Charlton have now agreed a price with Plymouth for Yannick Bolasie, thought to be in the region of 100-150k. He will have a medical in the next couple of days and be a Charlton player by the end of the week

charlton are set to sign alan dunne for 800k as millwall will sign crystal palace full-back nathaniel clyne

Charlton, Carlisle and Bristol Rovers are battling it out to sign French defender Jean Yves M'voto who was recently released from Sunderland

• Loving the top one.

Then £800k for Alan Dunne? Don't think we'd pay £800k for anyone!
  • Think that's a wind up. Be funny if it happened and Dunne played for us in his testimonial game against millwall!
  • Quite like Mvoto to be honest - was at Southend a while ago and looked good
  • Quite like Mvoto to be honest - was at Southend a while ago and looked good
    We were linked with him on loan a couple of years back too.
  • Another new one:

25 May 2011 08:36:09

Charlton Athletic are looking to sign goalkeeper Paul Jones on a free transfer, released in the summer by Exeter City. Jones is hoping for first team football in League One after an unsuccessful loan spell at Peterborough United.
  • Another new one:

25 May 2011 08:36:09

Charlton Athletic are looking to sign goalkeeper Paul Jones on a free transfer, released in the summer by Exeter City. Jones is hoping for first team football in League One after an unsuccessful loan spell at Peterborough United.
    I heard Exeter said "if you gotta, go now"
  • Sponsored links:

• FR

25 May 2011 12:39:58

Im a taxi driver in Birmingham and one of my colleagues has just picked up Bradley Wright Phillips!
    Apparently the striker is not enjoying life at charlton and looking to play at a higher level!

Birmingham for a fee of around £750 k

• FR

Im a taxi driver in Birmingham and one of my colleagues has just picked up Bradley Wright Phillips!
    Apparently the striker is not enjoying life at charlton and looking to play at a higher level!

The English is to good for a taxi driver from Brum.
  • How would a taxi driver know BWP's fee?
  • Why would BWP want to play for Birmingham?

1.Better than us.

2. More money.

• FR

Brilliant, my mate put it on there this morning along with Robert Earnshaw being seen outside Saints ground....dont worry, not happening!
  • Cheers for the heart attack

1.Better than us.

2. More money.

Absolute shithole though, I know it's a fake story but wasn't one of the things about coming to us was the lure of London and (I would guess) it's many late night entertainment establishments and finely-sliced-meat-and-salad-in-a-bit-of-bread-with-lashings-of-hot-sauce eateries?
  • heard we are after Adam Barrett from Crystal Palace today. Imagine that, Hollands and Barrett in the same team lol
  • Sounds like a healthy midfield to me, Ch4rlton......geddit?

Erm, i'll get me coat.

• Sponsored links:

• Adam Barrett please no! Had more than enough ex relegated Southend players in the last year. Also having seen Barrett play, don't think he is much of an improvement on what we have had, lacks pace and a bit on the short side for a CB.

Yes I know Powell and Bailey came from Southend but they were poor in 09/10 and Francis/McOxo and Barrett would have been a big part of that.

• Didn't Barrett play for Southend with Francis and Mcoxo ?
  • Adam Barrett would be interesting, though he is an ex Southend United player and played in the same side as Francis and McCormack, it would make certain people's keyboards combust on here.

25 May 2011 16:03:58

I just went down to charlton to get my son a season ticket and saw
    Yannick Bolasie getting out of his car and going into charlton!

• To be fair I wouldn't back many people to recognise Yannick Bolasie unless they were carrying around a passport photo momento in their wallet. Another bit of FR bs
  • A fake story because nobody would want to go to Birmingham - was he there on his holidays? lol
  • I would love to know how these people think they can automatically recognise these players just by passing them fleetingly. I once went to buy a cheap replica shirt from the store and bumped into Andy Reid, but I didn't have the foggiest who the hell he was until I got home and saw his signing announced on the site!
  • I wouldn't recognise three quarters of our first team these days if they were lying face up in the car park potholes holding a card with their name on.
  • edited May 2011
    The story is probably rubbish, but to be fair I know if I saw him I would recognise him along with most premiership Championship and league 1 players, but that is just me :) .
  • That's because you've got the skills CEJ.  Most of us lot have trouble remembering what our neighbours look like!

How many players do you think that you will be ticking off your list as they pull on a Charlton shirt btw?

Maybe we should have a sweepstake!

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!