Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• The story is probably rubbish, but to be fair I know if I saw him I would recognise him along with most premiership Championship and league 1 players, but thaw just me.

@cupboardendjunior

That is exactly what people mean when the say "misspent youth"
  • I would love to know how these people think they can automatically recognise these players just by passing them fleetingly. I once went to buy a cheap replica shirt from the store and bumped into Andy Reid, but I didn't have the foggiest who the hell he was until I got home and saw his signing announced on the site!
    I once bumped into Shaun Bartlett at Victoria Station. I told him I was a Charlton fan and he cracked up laughing. Not the reaction I expected.
  • I wouldn't know what Yannick Bolasie looked like if he came and slapped me in the moosh
  • I wouldn't know what Yannick Bolasie looked like if he came and slapped me in the moosh
    Imagine the compensation if he did though!
  • How many players do you think that you will be ticking off your list as they pull on a Charlton shirt btw?

. Honestly I think there will be a few.
  • The whole day has passed (well, 18 hours of it) and still we haven't signed anyone today. FACT!

• The whole day has passed (well, 18 hours of it) and still we haven't signed anyone today. FACT!

I've sent back my season ticket in protest already Oggy! (In fairness, I sent a note saying I.O.U. one season ticket) :0)

Covered End Junior should try and get a role on Powell's scouting team!
  • I'm looking forward to seeing how many of your recommendations are head hunted by the club, CEJ.  I think that between you and Mr Vetere, we will have a solid foundation of exciting talent at the club by the start of next season....and I expect to see you ticking a good few names off that list of yours....

I'm going out now.  If I see Mr Bolasie, I'll let everyone know.  That's if I recognise him, of course!

• Can some IT geek like Adam the Addick create a photo crib sheeet of all our targets just in case?

; - )
  • i could!! i met peter crouch and abbey clancy in kingston had a black eye from spurs sunday match! very nice guy down to earth too! when i went over to him and abbey he was feeding this baby girl and said he would come over and give me an autograph when he was finish meanwhile i got abbey autograph! peter did come over to us and also let me take a photo of him with my 3 year old son! he was great
  • Sponsored links:

• ok peter crouch is high profile footballer but i also non-league players when out and about too!!
  • I think even my old nan could pick Peter Crouch out, and shes been dead 15 years. 
  • I think even my old nan could pick Peter Crouch out, and shes been dead 15 years. 
    Ah yes, but would she have burried that sitter Darren Bent missed, 'Arry?
    had a chuckle at that, no disrespect
  • FR25 May 2011 20:48:11

Charlton Athletic nearing the completion of signing Andy Barcham from Gillingham. Yannick Bolaise to follow shortly with Leon Legge of Brentford not far behind.

----------------------------------------
    i can tell you that leon had read this just this morning and said he laughed at it!
    ------------------------------------------

You muppet this link only came up 10 minutes ago. Legge would jump at the chance to join Chris Powell's new team, as everyone in the game knows Charlton's new owners are building a League winning team this year. Matt Taylor is before Legge on the wanted list but they have made early enquiries for Legge. Charlton are after a few Prem loans as well as several other good quality league players. I'm a Daggers fan but have a close link with someone in the Charlton hierarchy.

•  

25 May 2011 18:54:30

Latest Rumours I've heard

Brighton to sign John Bostock on loan from Spurs as Poyet knows him from his time at White Hart Lane . Charlton's interest in Bostock has lessoned since the signing of Danny Hollands.

Millwall looking at Joel Lynch, Shane Lowry, Peter Leven, Marlon Harewood and Kyle Reid .

Charlton monitoring the following players Ben Alnwick, John Sullivan, Leon Legge, Liam Chilvers, Gavin Mahon, Stephen Hughes, Julian Gray, Luke Howells, Andy Barcham, Yannick Bolasie and Ben Burgess.

Absolutely none taken. Why would I write something and then be offended by it.
    You might not be but your old nan might! ;-)
  • @Cordoban Addick

you may be aware of this already, but it's a good read and no language barrier to worry about either so a bit less intense than marca/diaro de sevilla: http://www.oohbetis.typepad.com/
    You might not be but your old nan might! ;-)
    It would take a damn sight more than her own death to offend my nan! 
  • Sponsored links:

• http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10421~2366440,00.html

Not quite sure what this is telling me. Can only see reference to a Liam Bellamy who used to be in our academy. Any clues?
  • Charlton monitoring the following players Ben Alnwick, John Sullivan,
    Leon Legge, Liam Chilvers, Gavin Mahon, Stephen Hughes, Julian Gray,
    Luke Howells, Andy Barcham, Yannick Bolasie and Ben Burgess.

Would be happy with all of these.
  • Liam Bellamy to Brentford ... good for him as couldnt get in the Welling team the back end of last season
  •  

26 May 2011 12:19:06

Charlton Athletic interested in signing ageing left midfielder Matty Taylor from Bolton.

• No chance of getting Legge
  • Matt Taylor would be amazing, not a cat in hells chance though.
  • No chance of getting Legge
    Any reasons?

And yes Matty Taylor no chance he'll be out the PL
  • edited May 2011
    The Matt Taylor part is correct.

It's not the Bolton one, though..
  • The Matt Taylor part is correct.

It's not the Bolton one, though..
    Matt Taylor of Exeter then... seen us linked is that what you are reiterating or are you informed?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!