Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• those last few rumours are very sad as why would any club get their potential targets to turn up at the Valley when it is very busy, full of media and a small crowd?

Tend to agree. Why anybody makes this stuff up is strange.

Yep make up something by all accounts, if that helps numb the pain of your existence, but get it right or even slightly believable.  But in jokes etc are fine
  • Yep, the rumour about Mikkel Anderson...does anyone really think that Reading are going to allow a player to talk to another club just before a match, and especially just before a playoff final?
  • hmmmm the plot thickens someone reading this page is posting the rumours about the players at the Valley today as they have put an update on the McEchran (or however the hell you spell it)  
  • Jordan Stewart is being strongly linked by reuters blokes.

Deal to be completed this week - apparently. Decent one.
  • Hayes is very believable seeing as CP tried to get him on loan last season.
    but his scoring record is at best average and that is why he has never stayed long at any one club.
  • I can't see Chelsea releasing McEachran except on loan and they won't make those decisions until August/September, moreover they currently don't have a manager and will defer all decisions until the new manager comes in.
  • I can't see Chelsea releasing McEachran except on loan and they won't make those decisions until August/September, moreover they currently don't have a manager and will defer all decisions until the new manager comes in.
    Clubs don't always do that. Didn't we sign Corry Gibbs between losing Curbs and appointing Dowie? Hell, Abramovich spent 50m on a player the manager supposedly didn't want. Besides, if McEachran is within our reach he's way below the level of the Chelsea first team - if he had even a remote chance of getting games there he be out on loan in the Championship at worst, probably to a lower Prem team.
    According to Football Humour.com, he's heading to Swansea
  • The valley must be a very busy place this evening if football rumour are to be believed !!    must resemble Picadilly Circus with all these players (plus agents) getting in & out of cars.............

have some people got nothing better to do than firstly a) make up these stories & then b) put then on football rumours .com

perhaps its an OCD ???????

• Doesnt look like Jordan Stewart is heading our way. He's replied to me on Twitter saying he's not joining us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Everything said on twitter MUST be true.
  • What confirms the fact it's all rubbish in my eyes is who realistically is going to recognise 'Paul Hayes' and 'Mikkel Anderson'.
  • 31 May 2011 00:02:58
    Southhampton to bid for Charlton Athletic goalkeeper Robert Elliott for a reported 500k. Charlton will look to bring in Mikel Anderssen the other way
  • edited May 2011
    Seems the Paul Hayes one wasn't so ludicrous either...

Now if only the bit about McEachran was true - after all, his family is from the Mull of Kintyre, so he'd feel very at home when we sing VFR.
  • 31 May 2011 00:02:58
    Southhampton to bid for Charlton Athletic goalkeeper Robert Elliott for a reported 500k. Charlton will look to bring in Mikel Anderssen the other way

I'd take that in a heartbeat

Lose an overweight, injury prone flapper and substitute him with an imposing and agile young keeper. 
  • edited May 2011
    Was he in goal for them (Bristol Rovers) at the Valley? If so he was excellent
  • Yep that was him
    Was he in goal for them (Bristol Rovers) at the Valley? If so he was excellent

• Well, I'll be happy to see the doughnuts leave for Anderssen then
  • On page before Kenny Pavey from AIK dear God no............we have to watch him here for AIK they love him    bugger knows why.... think its cos his ex millwall    ( one youth game i think )  he would struggle to play for Dartford or Welling    ...  please hope that ones not true !!
  • I'm mates with his dad. He does exist and he does play for AIK, highly rated over there. Just text his dad waiting for reply!

May 2011 15:19:26

Kenny Pavey is about to sign for Charlton for £35K from AIK (Sweden). Kenny can be used as both a winger and wing back and has been keen to move back to his South London routes for a couple of years, but saw a move to Charlton fall through last summer as they could not afford to give him a 2 year contract at the time. AIK understand the deal should be completed sometime in the next week. Kenny quoted in Sweden as saying he is delighted to be going back to London and desperately keen to get Charlton back to the Championship.

Never heard of him and no idea if he even exists ? Price looks right for us though ;0(

• Sponsored links:

• Someone has been playing FM2011 too much.
    Sorry i can't help it!
    You sound like my Mrs. ;)
  • Was he in goal for them (Bristol Rovers) at the Valley? If so he was excellent

And at 6'5" he was a unit too
  • This Is the size of keeper we want someone imposing that makes them think how the f**k are we gonna score past him instead of look at blobby I bet he can't even touch the crossbar
  • just signed Sullivan  on a 2yr deal so you can forget Andersson !!!!!!!!
  • just signed Sullivan  on a 2yr deal so you can forget Andersson !!!!!!!!
    Only if Robbie stays.  We know CP said the Club don't want his contract to run down.
  • Can't see Elliot wanting to go to Souithampron , where Davies would be their clear number 1
  •  

Latest Football Rumours , can't all be true . Wouldn't mind Gow or Garcia

31 May 2011 18:24:23

Charlton have offerd a contract to Alan Gow.

31 May 2011 18:21:38

Pablo Counago has been seen at they valley with Tony Jimenez.The striker has just been released by Ipswich, and wants a move to London for family issues.The striker is wanted by Charlton Athletic and Leyton Oreint.

31 May 2011 18:10:12

Charlton are currently in talks with out of contract Giles Barnes.

31 May 2011 18:08:47

Charlton Athletic are set to agree a contract with free transfer Richard Garcia.The 29 year old has recently been released by Hull City.

31 May 2011 15:42:36

Just got off the phone to a mate who works down at Sparrows Lane and apparently Powell is doing his best to get Robert Pires in on a 1 year deal for Charlton Athletic after his release from Villa. He said wages are causing a hold up, Powell offering 3k p/w but the fact that Pires can move back to London is an attraction for him

• Robert Pires haha. At least it would satisfy some of the angry fans on the likes of Twitter and Facebook who only happy if we sign players we've actually heard of.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!