Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

•  

Im having some of that open day trials!

• QPR have released 8 players according to ESPN , Mahon played with Powell at Watford but has hardly played due to injury . Rowlands might be worth a punt but I think we would pass on Lee Cook .

Surprised Borrowdale was not let go or Shittu and Fitz Hall .

Neil Warnock has begun his clear-out at QPR by releasing eight players.

Full-back Pascal Chimbonda, experienced midfielder Gavin Mahon and Greek winger Georgias Tofas lead the departures as Rangers prepare for life in the Premier League next season.

Youngsters Josh Parker, Lee Brown, Joe Oastler, Elliott Cox and Romone Rose have also been shown the door by Warnock.

The Rangers boss told: ''There are some really good lads with good quality among the eight we have released. This could be just what they need to go on and kick-start their careers. I wish them all the best.''

Warnock is also expected to tell fans' favourites Lee Cook and Martin Rowlands their futures lie elsewhere after they barely featured during Rangers' successful promotion campaign, but defender Peter Ramage has been verbally offered a new deal.

• edited June 2011

From FR;

01 Jun 2011 11:57:41 I drive the 472 bus and have just dropped off Zander Diamond and Darren Purse in Charlton Village. When I asked them what they were up to, they requested directions to The Valley. Expect announcements this week. (0) (0) Tipical charlton , no expence spared! (0) (0)

• or the new Korean signing Men Don Ka
  • edited June 2011

From FR;

01 Jun 2011 11:57:41 I drive the 472 bus and have just dropped off Zander Diamond and Darren Purse in Charlton Village. When I asked them what they were up to, they requested directions to The Valley. Expect announcements this week. (0) (0) Tipical charlton , no expence spared! (0) (0)

Everyone knows the 472 doesn't go through the village : - )

"tipical"  "expence"     These Spanners/Nigels aren't too bright, are they
  • Am in France on holiday and L'Equipe says Bexley Dan is on the verge of signing for Nancy.

• edited June 2011
    @RIchardJ

Borrowdale?. One of the best loan signings by PP. Warnock knows the value of a good solid 'squad member'. I'd love to have GaryB here on a full time basis.
  • romone rose is wortha punt, hes quality on FM, anyway back to the real world ...
  • Am in France on holiday and L'Equipe says Bexley Dan is on the verge of signing for Nancy.

Bexley Dan a Nancy boy? Who'd have thought it...
  • Bex Lee Dan... who does he play for?

• Sponsored links:

01 Jun 2011 18:34:27

Charlton have offered 200k for Krystian Pearce of Notts co.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He would be a great signing. But we need to put a fast CB next to him to chase up his mistakes.

• I thought Pearce was pretty mobile dizzee, one of his plusses I thought?
  •  

Wishfull thinking from a CL'r ? on FR

01 Jun 2011 18:21:22

iv just seen alan mccormack outside southends ground could he be returning?

Other gems from today

01 Jun 2011 23:25:28

Just heard from a Plymouth supporting mate that Charlton are still in with a shout of signing Yannick Bolasie. Charlton and Bristol city are both in talks with Bolasie. However, Charlton have decided to not make their offer public whereas Bristol have. Bolasie could favour a move to Charlton as he was raised in London and would like to move back rather than living in a dump like Bristol
    ------------------------------
    Dont think Bristol's that much of a dump mate. I heard Charlton were linked a while ago but I think they've missed their chance. Also his best mate from Barnet Albert Adomah is at Ashton Gate so id be very surprised if goes Charlton

01 Jun 2011 22:36:23

Nowich City fans favourite Chris Martin appears to have kicked his last ball for the club and will make a summer mover to L1 side Charlton Athletic who will also win the race to sign Cody Macdonald once the Canaries secure the sinature of Peterborough striker Craig Mackail-Smith.

Addicks boss Powell has also made enquiries to check on the availability of 28 year old Stoke winger Michael Tonge who has spent the last two years on loan at Preston and Derby whilst a further loan move for QPR striker Rob Hulse also looks on the cards.

Powell and his medical staff will monitor the fitness of Kelly Youga over the summer months too as the left back bids to get his career back on track after a 20 month injury. Powell may return to his former club Leicester City for the services of Tom Kennedy should Youga fail in his bid to win convince the Addicks boss that he s ready to return to action.

• nicked off another site (not FR), interesting!

Paul Benson

Hi guys, Millwall fan in peace...

My close source form inside the club has informed me that we have had an approach for striker Paul Benson accepted, and he is currently in the act of agreeing personal terms.

I'm aware he joined you from Dagenham last summer and that I would possibly be better off asking them, but as he played at a higher level for you guys (not to mention the fact that your local rivals), I decided to ask you instead, whats the guy like? What are his strengths, weaknesses etc. Looking at his profile he seems pretty tall (although quite thin) so is he a target man, pacy, or an out and out striker?
  • nicked off another site (not FR), interesting!

Paul Benson

Hi guys, Millwall fan in peace...

My close source form inside the club has informed me that we have had an approach for striker Paul Benson accepted, and he is currently in the act of agreeing personal terms.

I'm aware he joined you from Dagenham last summer and that I would possibly be better off asking them, but as he played at a higher level for you guys (not to mention the fact that your local rivals), I decided to ask you instead, whats the guy like? What are his strengths, weaknesses etc. Looking at his profile he seems pretty tall (although quite thin) so is he a target man, pacy, or an out and out striker?
    what site?  I want to post man of many traits and not great at any of them
  • Not 606 - Charlton
  •  

The fee £400 k has been mentioned , if so that would be superb business for a 32 ( in October )year old who has never played above L1.

Paul Hayes would be a like for like replacement who is younger and more proven at this level .

• It must be a wind-up. Even if Millwall are getting the best part of £3M for Morrison they surely will never spend £400k on Paul Benson
  • What a superb scenario, Hayes in Benson out Charlton get promoted, Morrison to leave Millwall who get relegated.............If only!
  • Please, please let it be true...........
  • Sponsored links:

• So after one season in L1, Benson who hasn't been all that terrible, scored some vital goals at times and 32 is going to be sold for more than we brought him for and to replace Morrison. It's not going to happen.
  • Why all the Benno Bashing anyway? He scores goals which win games, you can't ask anything else of a striker. He has relatively good pace, is a pretty good striker of the ball, works his nuts off, can hold the ball up, get on the end of crosses, he's a decent poacher and good in the air. He's not amazing at anything, but he wouldn't be in League 1 if he was, and is doesn't have a crippling weakness in his game a la Abbott and Sodje had.
  • Wouldn't mind him, as long as he's better than his cousin Thorvaldsson!
  •  

Notice Mooney has been released in that list also .

• Notice there's a player there called Abdulai Bell-Baggie! *childish snigger*
  • wasnt that sid james' character name from carry on up the khyber?

• Notice there's a player there called Abdulai Bell-Baggie! *childish snigger*
    Baggie?, he's surely gotta go to WBA
  • One of the more interesting FR's . I've googled Amos Youga and he does exist , not sure whether he is Kelly's brother or not . Has someone from here been on FM11 ?

02 Jun 2011 13:52:28

Charlton's Kelly Youga to return to full training in Pre-Season with his brother Amos (centre back) also looking for a contract in England.

• Kent Sports News are reporting that we're in talks with Cody McDonald.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!