Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• No wonder he's looking for a better contract, his missus is expecting triplets in November!
    Not that I'm bothered but you know this how ?
  • Research Large, research! (Bournemouth Echo)

If we sign him and his form dips before Christmas we know he's not getting any sleep.

• No wonder he's looking for a better contract, his missus is expecting triplets in November!
    Not that I'm bothered but you know this how ?
    The Twitter feed is going into overdrive again!
  • edited May 2011
    Hollands looking a bit more likely now, on the SLP site, could even sign tomorrow

CHARLTON look set to sign midfielder Danny Hollands from League One rivals Bournemouth.

The 25-year-old midfielder could have a medical at The Valley as early as tomorrow and sign a contract the same day.

Sources inside the club say manager Chris Powell has been eyeing the former Chelsea trainee for some time and swooped after Bournemouth were knocked out of the League One play-offs by Huddersfield on penalties.

Hollands has made 219 appearances for the Cherries, scoring 28 goals, including seven this season, since signing from the Stamford Bridge side in 2006.

Further details in Friday's South London Press.
  • Partner for Semedo or replacement?
  • edited May 2011
    Partner for Semedo or replacement?
    More like a replacement for Racon/Parrett I think.

We can only hope there's truth in it.
  • edited May 2011
    Charlton set to sign Hollands from Bournemouth (or has someone already beat me?):

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=18624&headline=Charlton

EDIT: well and truly beat. Sorry! Just ignore me.
  • I only hope he is as good as his Dad.

(Matt Holland)

• http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6946661,00.html

Le Fondre wants to leave Rotherham 

Would love Powell to sign him up 

BWP and Le Fondre but could we afford him after last season they wanted a million i think it was.
  • http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6946661,00.html

Le Fondre wants to leave Rotherham 

Would love Powell to sign him up 

BWP and Le Fondre but could we afford him after last season they wanted a million i think it was.
    Holding out for £3M plus last season allegedly.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him go for six figures now unless they get SWFC to pay big money for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Apparently they only want 150k
  • ALF's contract expires at the end of the season, Rotherham either accept some money now or risk letting him walk on a free. The gamble is whether he can get them promoted if they keep him.
  • Powell said Le Fondre was available for £150k and we were interested. However, we need a big target man to play alongside BWP & Le Fondre is smaller than BWP.
  • ALF is a midget and not what we need. Him and BWP would be a joke. We all saw what happened when Eccleston and BWP played together.
  • Powell said Le Fondre was available for £150k and we were interested. However, we need a big target man to play alongside BWP & Le Fondre is smaller than BWP.

Yeah but we need a lot of new players, so I'm sure we'll find a use for him, especially with BWP's creeky knees!
  • ALF is a midget and not what we need. Him and BWP would be a joke. We all saw what happened when Eccleston and BWP played together.

And if BWP was injured, suspended or just off form?

Yeah but we need a lot of new players, so I'm sure we'll find a use for him, especially with BWP's creeky knees!

Agreed, I'd take him for £150K as  a stand in for BWP/squad player.

Realistically, he's more likely to stay up north IMO & Sheff W would be a good bet, as it's on his doorstep or perhaps Sheff U ?

And if BWP was injured, suspended or just off form?

You seriously think ALF is going to come here and sit on the bench? Forget it. He threw his toys when Rotherham dropped him.
  • So currently we have two strikers in the squad, one has dodgy knees and the other is at best a squad player. For £150k he's worth the investment.
  • No one can guarantee anyone a first team place. If ALF thinks he is that good then he'd back himself to displace BWP.
  • Sponsored links:

• BWP will be captain next year. He is Powell's main man.
  • edited May 2011
    I agree with you Large anyone coming here on a guaranteed place ticket is not a division three footballer.
  • And if he is captain next year I will do my pieces. It would quite literally be a disgrace.
  • Semedo will be captain - if he stays. The club will offer him the armband as part of the negotiations. Otherwise I don't think the captain is at the club yet.
  • And their's the problem, he hasn't been playing at the standard he could have last season so I'd put good money on he'll go this summer. They'd rather get money than let him leave for nothing.

• I had a look on not 606 earlier (where many 606 posters now go with it closing down) and someone said Le Fondre wouldn't want to move to the south.
  • I'm inclined to agree with Scoham.

A move to one of the Sheffield clubs or possibly even to a Doncaster/Barnsley if the fee really is as low as £150k and for instance Donny lose Sharp would be my supposition.
  • I'm inclined to agree with Scoham.

A move to one of the Sheffield clubs or possibly even to a Doncaster/Barnsley if the fee really is as low as £150k and for instance Donny lose Sharp would be my supposition.

Yes, I said most of that at 9.00 pm  :-)
  • edited May 2011
    I'm inclined to agree with Scoham.

Yes, I said most of that at 9.00 pm  :-)

If we really want to get picky I brought up Shef Weds at 20.20 ;-)
  • Just seen a tweet from a football league website saying we've made a bid for Yanik Bolasie from PAFC. I reckon they must've been reading CL V
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!