Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• gotta love those lift engineer in-jokes :o)

• Anyone else heard the rumor about Elliot going to Southampton?
    Doubt we would be interested, Kelvin most probably deserves to be number 1 next season. 

Perhaps Saints are after a reserve Keeper but fancy a younger player to nurture for when Davis retires/leaves. Have to be honest, I'm surprised by the kinds of teams Elliot is being linked with, either he's got a good agent or some people are seeing something in him that I frankly don't. Mid-table in League 1 is about his level imho.

Richardson played pretty much every game for Saints from the beginning of March onwards so looks like he got his place once he was fully fit.

Tbf we already have Bartosz Bialkowski who has potential to be a very good goalkeeper. 

Anyway, apparently we're looking to loan out Daniel Seaborne. The two Sheffield clubs have both been mentioned but my mate also mentioned Charlton, not sure how correct he is so it could turn out to be bollocks. 
  • Elliot is nowhere near the level of Davies and Biaklkowski. He is League One at best and we should be looking to replace him. Can't help but look at Randolph up at Motherwell and see Parkinson made the wrong decision.
  • Elliott has the potential to be a very good keeper. If Fraser Forster leaves Newcastle don't be surprised if Robbie pitches up there.
  • edited May 2011
    Yeh, it helps if you don't have a defence that assume they are there to just keep the keeper company.  (Sounds like the cue for a song)
  • Really rate Elliot and can't believe he can play at a higher level if he sorts out a few areas of his game. Would hate to see him leave.
  • Elliot is nowhere near the level of Davies and Biaklkowski. He is League One at best and we should be looking to replace him. Can't help but look at Randolph up at Motherwell and see Parkinson made the wrong decision.
    Don't think it was Parkinson's decision - Randolph wanted to be number 1, PP wouldn't agree to it, so Randolph packed his gloves and went north.
  • I don't see Dailly moving on as necessarily a bad thing - if he is moving on because he has no guarantee of a first team place, then that can only be a good thing.

As BFR says, if he is in the starting 11 next season, my optimism about our chances of promotion would evaporate as he is surely too slow to be an ever present in a successful side.  If he is only prepared to consider first team football, then I can understand that and I can definitely see why he would move on to find it.

I wish him well if he does move on though - at least he had some pride in the shirt - he cared when he didn't play well and had a good deal of integrity as far as I could make out.

Thanks Christian and good luck.

I dont get the misconception that Dailly is slow, he is not, old maybe but he aint that slow!!
  • With the Elliot/Randolph decision we also had the problem that the one that was out of contract was possibly the one we were more interested in keeping.

We might see the same thing with Doherty and Dailly this Summer. The fact that Dailly is out of contract might force our hand when on a level playing field we'd keep him.
  • Elliot is the most unfit professional I have seen, his weight fluctuates wildly, he is constantly getting injured, and to cap it all off he isn't a very good overall keeper anyway. He is a good reaction keeper, but has no presence or command in the box, when's the last time you saw him yelling at his defence to get them in position etc. like Sullivan did?
  • Sponsored links:

• Agree with @sam3110 but would would that he gets beat from long range too often on top of that.
    Elliot is nowhere near the level of Davies and
    Biaklkowski. He is League One at best and we should be looking to
    replace him. Can't help but look at Randolph up at Motherwell and see
    Parkinson made the wrong decision.
    Don't
    think it was Parkinson's decision - Randolph wanted to be number 1, PP
    wouldn't agree to it, so Randolph packed his gloves and went north.

In that case, then yes it is Parkinson's decision. Randolph wanted to be number 1, he is the better goalkeeper and Parkinson though otherwise.
  • Saw Randolph in co op after last season and asked what was happening he said he wanted to be told he is the number one but could not be given that so said was probably going else where to be guaranteed first team football.
  • Agree with @sam3110 but would would that he gets beat from long range too often on top of that.
    Elliot is nowhere near the level of Davies and
    Biaklkowski. He is League One at best and we should be looking to
    replace him. Can't help but look at Randolph up at Motherwell and see
    Parkinson made the wrong decision.
    Don't
    think it was Parkinson's decision - Randolph wanted to be number 1, PP
    wouldn't agree to it, so Randolph packed his gloves and went north.

In that case, then yes it is Parkinson's decision. Randolph wanted to be number 1, he is the better goalkeeper and Parkinson though otherwise.
    PP wanted Randy and Billy to come back pre-season and fight for the jersey - Randy didn't want to do that. That's what PP told us at the clean-up day.
  • edited May 2011
  • edited May 2011
  • edited May 2011
  • Dailly would be a good squad player but it is reasonable to offer him less IMO as we shouldn't be looking at him as automatic first choice if we plan to move forwards. He still come back if nobody offers him more - a player of his advanced years might not be that appealing to clubs that can offer more than us.
  • It would be good to see Christian back at the Valley next season but until we know the calibre of player coming in it's hard to be sure either way. If we do spend serious money, at his age Dailly would only be back up at best, hence the lowered wages. If we skimp and scrape, then I'd want to keep hold of probably our best centreback of recent times, age notwithstanding.
  • he's fit enough to play for us, age is none of the concern david weir's a prime example. if he's fit enough let him play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bournemouth Echo stating that we are in for midfielder Danny Hollands. Been offered a new contract by the Cherries, but is talking to Charlton.
  • Hollands would be a cracking signing. Read somewhere else today that Brighton were interested though.
  • Bournemouth Echo stating that we are in for midfielder Danny Hollands. Been offered a new contract by the Cherries, but is talking to Charlton.
    Bournemouth would not be a bad place to start looking at players that can give us the right mentality and quality in the squad.

Danny Hollands
    Danny Ings
    Marc Pugh
    Jason Pearce
    Rhoys Wiggins

all worth a look.
  • Just read the Hollands story

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/9043398.Cherries__Charlton_join_race_to_sign_Hollands/?

We're described as "cash-rich south London outfit".
  • We're described as "cash-rich south London outfit".
    I should coco!
  • Just read the Hollands story

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/9043398.Cherries__Charlton_join_race_to_sign_Hollands/?

We're described as "cash-rich south London outfit".

Compared to Bournemouth we are and compared to most other L1 teams we are Man U.

• I'd take Danny Hollands in a shot.
  • Would be a good signing if it happens.
  • No wonder he's looking for a better contract, his missus is expecting triplets in November!
  • @Scoham everyone is cash rich compared to Bournemouth. What that club has achieved over the last 5 years is remarkable....Now lets get Pugh as well!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!