Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Jake Reeves from Brentford is the type of midfielder we need ;-)
  • Matt Taylor - Centre Half and Exeter City Captain is available on a free.  Sknuthorpe are in for him but he would do a decent job for us
    Went in the Jimmy Seed when we played Exeter last season as had a load of mates up from down there and ended up sitting next to his sister. Lovely girl, told he's got a nice back story having come through Team Bath with Tisdale, and all in all came across well. Have since met him and seemed a good character. Not sure why he's leaving Exeter - seemed to be set there but would make a change from having the prima-donnas we've had recently. I think this is the sort of signing we should be making, someone hungry on their way up. I'll do some investigating as to whether there's anything in it....
  • Erm no just last season when there came 4th the defence was very solid

And charlton need another center back for next season only giving names out

The same Morecombe who flirted with relegation this year and shipped a fair few goals.
  • Latest FR , shouldn't they have said Twitter / Charlton Life as the source .

19 May 2011 13:53:53

Anyinsah is being released by Charlton Athletic, source is News Shopper/Twitter

Bazman

• Must admit I have finally caught the football rumours bug and will own up to the John Robinson one a few days back, I have also just put one up this evening that has nothing to do with Charlton :)
  • This one...?

19 May 2011 17:55:45
    Glen Murray has decided to sign the contract Brighton offered him after all. He was all set to sign for Palace until he got a guided tour round Sainbury's Park and he thought that it was even worse than the Withdean.

• indeed
  • working late and god I am bored
  • Nice work.
  • Gills manager Andy Hessenthaler and Charlton boss Chris Powell are taking a close interest in Hayes and Yeading Player of the Year, midfielder Bradley Pritchard, who is now out of contract.

• Sponsored links:

20 May 2011 08:42:03

Charlton and Brentford have enquired about non-league youngster Reece Antoine. The Ebbsfleet Striker 17, Has scored 28 goals for the reserve team, and many clubs are looking to sign him before he is given a first team contract.

• FR  -  Dean Bowditch to go to Charlton or Brentford
  • Isn't it great to be spoken of in the same breath as .....Brentford?
  • Addickted.net Twitter

Charlton captain, Christian Dailly has been the next player to confirm his departure after failing to accept a wage cut #cafc

Shame if true, how are we going to get promoted if we can't even afford to keep Dailly. Or maybe Powell only wanted him as a squad player?
  • @Oggy Red I can think of a few Brentford players who would walk straight into our team.
  • Addickted.net Twitter

Charlton captain, Christian Dailly has been the next player to confirm his departure after failing to accept a wage cut #cafc

Shame if true, how are we going to get promoted if we can't even afford to keep Dailly. Or maybe Powell only wanted him as a squad player?
    Do they give a source for that?
  • Addickted.net Twitter

Another way of looking at it is - at 37 Dailly is not going to get any quicker and has probably reached his sell-buy date.  If the club has got the ambition to gain promotion then we need faster, younger, defenders.  Agree Dailly is probably a great influence in the dressing room - but money will be better spent on a decent, fit, younger CB.
  • To be honest IF that is true I am disappointed in Dailly.

Always spoke about enjoying it here, he's had a poor season by his standards and let himself and his teammates down on the pitch. He has played for some huge clubs and earned a fortune out of football. If the issue is swallowing a wage cut and not that he desperately wants another season as a first team regular, which we may not be able to guarantee him, I am surprised and disappointed.
  • Do they give a source for that?
    No that's all they've said.

They've replied to someone and since said

@daveydanger it's not whether they can afford it, more to the point whether the player is 'worth' their demand
    Another way of looking at it is - at 37 Dailly is not going to get any quicker and has probably reached his sell-buy date.  If the club has got the ambition to gain promotion then we need faster, younger, defenders.  Agree Dailly is probably a great influence in the dressing room - but money will be better spent on a decent, fit, younger CB.
    Hope you're right and we're not just looking for cheap bargains and loans.

We'll also need some experienced players, and with Dailly fitness isn't a problem. A year ago he was one of our fittest players and probably still is.
  • Sponsored links:

• yes look at Andy Parrish sorry go no wiki you'll find out what i am chatting about

Don't take this the wrong way but it would be great if you wrote in Standard English for a change. 

You know, capital letters, punctuation, all that boring stuff.

: - )
  • That Reece Antoine rumour is ridiculus, I went to College with him only a year ago.

He is definately not going to get a professional contract and even he hasn't heard anything about this.....

• Isn't the person who runs Addickted/net the one who also sponsors the screen and the fish? Breamteam if I remember right.

Think we could do with a whole new back 4/5, so if Dailly isn't prepared to take a cut then I'm not disappointed he's being let go. If we are to believe we want to create a team which can compete in CCC then having Dailly/Doherty/Fortune at the heart of it isn't the way to go.
  • If all this is true about basically having a whole new squad it all needs sorting now, teams with a lot of changes generally start poorly so the longer they have to gel the better
  • If all this is true about basically having a whole new squad it all needs sorting now, teams with a lot of changes generally start poorly so the longer they have to gel the better
    Would be ideal but even if we sign a player now they aren't going to start pre-season training any earlier than someone we sign the week before pre-season begins.

And those pesky players and agents won't just take the first offer they get.  They have the bloody cheek to wait and see who else if going to give them a deal.
  • Would be v sorry to see Dailly go - he is very committed to the cause, and I thought he already took a wage cut last year? If so, it seems a bit much to expect him to take another one. Worries me that the finances are this tight. Also worries me that Dailly maybe feels the club is not going in the right direction.
  • Semedo next, I fear....
    Would be ideal but even if we sign a player now they aren't going to start pre-season training any earlier than someone we sign the week before pre-season begins.

And those pesky players and agents won't just take the first offer they get.  They have the bloody cheek to wait and see who else if going to give them a deal.
    yeah I know that but it would be great to have them all start preseason together, do you think they will all get names labels to help get to know one another?
  • Would be v sorry to see Dailly go - he is very committed to the cause, and I thought he already took a wage cut last year? If so, it seems a bit much to expect him to take another one. Worries me that the finances are this tight. Also worries me that Dailly maybe feels the club is not going in the right direction.
    Maybe the wages arent tight, but we are only offering reduced terms to squad players to be able to offer the wages we need for better prospects for the first team
  • Addickted.net Twitter

Would that be a sell by date or a best before date?

Not sure we'd get anything for him TBH
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!