Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Ben Burgess released by Notts Co. 30 now but a regular scorer and won a few promotions with Blackpool and others.

Echos of Johnie Jackson being released and then signing for us.

You heard it here first
  • Ben Burgess released by Notts Co. 30 now but a regular scorer and won a few promotions with Blackpool and others.

Echos of Johnie Jackson being released and then signing for us.

You heard it here first

And yet another player with shot/dodgy knees. Should fit in perfectly.
  • Can't afford to sign crocks, the reason why Anyinsah should be released too.
  • Anyone else looking forward to a complete break from football? Think it's the first close season where I'm pretty much disinterested in who we sign, the rumours, the kits etc....
  • Anyone else looking forward to a complete break from football? Think it's the first close season where I'm pretty much disinterested in who we sign, the rumours, the kits etc....

I'm the complete opposite.
  • Well done.
  • Well i have it on good authority from a source inside the club that we won't be signing Messi , Kaka or Ronaldo .... this season, sorry to be a kill joy.
  • Ben Burgess released by Notts Co. 30 now but a regular scorer and won a few promotions with Blackpool and others. Echos of Johnie Jackson being released and then signing for us. You heard it here first

If this is true and he can steer clear of injuries then I'm happy . Wasn't he the player the Parky originally wanted to buy last season in place of Burton ? It's ironic that I think he choose Notts because they offered a 2 year contract at a time when we were waiting for the Bailey money . 

Battering ram left footed forward so clearly offers something completely different to what we have . 

• so good that notts county were in a relegation dog fight, no thanks next please

• Like Jackson Burgess is too expensive for the new regime and not a Martin Allen type of player.     Will do a decent job for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Like Jackson Burgess is too expensive for the new regime and not a Martin Allen type of player.     Will do a decent job for us.

17 appearances for County. 1 goal. So he's injured all the time and not very good.

With that record £2.00 a week looks expensive.
  • Ben Burgess? Bargain basement shopping... I'm hoping we may be able to do better than him!
  • Press reporting that Steve Howard set to sign for Hull. Another linked player going to a Championship club?
  • I've seen Hull in for Howard & Hobbs this morning. All the H's sticking together.
  • Hull manager Pearson was their manager at Leicester Fosse.

As Powell said most likely out of or price range.  That's why it is more liely to be the likes of Bessone and Hayes plus some overseas players we've never heard of but Vetere has IMHO.
  • Press reporting that Steve Howard set to sign for Hull. Another linked player going to a Championship club?
    Only if made up rumours posted on football-rumours.co.uk count as being linked with us
  • Anyone remember the Burgess goal he scored for Blackpool at The Valley in 2008?. Quality volley from outside the box- we won 4-1 though, and the fact apparantly Holloway did make an offer for him to stay shows he is no donkey imho.
  •  

Anyinsah ,Benson , Burgess ,Hayes and BWP would give us good options up top IMHO if they can all stay fit .

• Reliable sources indicate that Charlton Chairman Michael Slater is to send letters to all season ticket holders next week offering them a further £50 discount if they will play in Charlton's defence for at least one match next season.

As part of this ground-breaking initiative, "player fans" must be at least 50 years old, 14 stone in weight, own their own boots and be sober on match days.

"This fantastic initiative shows the owners committment to significant investment in the playing squad at Charlton and to increase ticket sales at the Valley"  said Mr Slater, speaking on the telephone from the bridge of his private yacht in the Bahamas.

Mr Slater (aged 76) is currently relaxing on holiday with his close friend and Subbuteo partner Mr Dennis Wise.

• Someone is responsible for these on FR:

18 May 2011 03:10:59
    Spoke to jon fortune last night at the soccerdome o2 and he said any one who signed for charlton before last summer are out of contract and he or any of the charlton players know what's happening with thier future, he never said what's going to happen becuase he's unsure but worrying times if even the players don't know what's happening?

18 May 2011 07:37:38
    Nicky Bailey Is to return to the valley

18 May 2011 08:02:04
    Charlton are clearing the decks, this season will be about adding quality and dropping the quantity, it will also allow the great kids to make a break through. Semedo has signed on and expect a new striker and two new defenders very soon

18 May 2011 08:14:46
    Chris Powell is worried about Charlton's disciplinary record and so has brought in club legend John Robinson to teach the players how to behave. His main job is to make sure players respect the officials and do not talk back to them.

Mischievious little (r)unt

• Sponsored links:

• edited May 2011
    Addickted.net Twitter:

#cafc are set to sign 15 to 20 new players! The revolving door is set to start spinning later this week!

That would mean almost every player is going to be replaced. Can't see that happening.
  • Addickted.net Twitter:

#cafc are set to sign 15 to 20 new players! The revolving door is set to start spinning later this week!

That would mean almost every player is going to be replaced. Can't see that happening.
    Looks like someone is looking for more followers. 10 players in, tops.
  • Addickted.net Twitter:

I can.  We only have 9 pros if you don't count the kids and that includes Elliot who might to sold and Francis and McCormack who might be surplus to requirements.

Then again it is Addickted so most likely s***
  • How many pros will we have in total though? 20-22? So if we only keep about 6 that's still more like 14/15, nowhere near 20 signings. That would be a completely new squad.
  • Maybe not to the extent addickted on twitter predicts but certainly the revolving door will be in full motion this summer with CAFC. But it's what we need, Norwich did it when they came down, think I remember Delia saying they had something like 6 turn up for pre-season in league 1.

• Apparently Powell wants a first team squad of 25 players next year so I am expecting a lot of activity in both directions this summer.
  • I can see at least 15 going through the revolving door at The Valley this summer, ins and outs.
  • Anthony Gardener to CAFC on a free. 6'5'' centre half - played for England and injury plagued. Must be true!
  • 18 May 2011 16:05:04
    Charlton are to announce some very good news in about a hour about players and finances mate just told me who works with scout Jeff Vetere. - per Football Transfer Rumours. Please do not hold breath as death may occur.

•  

Anthony Gardener to CAFC on a free. 6'5'' centre half - played for England and injury plagued. Must be true!

Is this from FR ? Not a bad shout in L1 .

Didn't Curbs nearly sign him in our Prem days . I thought he was set for Palace . Left footed so would be a squad replacement for Llera.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!