Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Actually that's reassuring in a way. We may not be spending buckets of cash, but picking up decent players at bargain prices is surely just as good as blowing money on 'names.'
  • whats happened to this supposed list of senior players who are being released? someone said it was due, any news?

• Danny Green isn't available on a free, he's got another 2 years left on his contract. Signed a new 3 year deal last July.

• I've decided to follow transfertalknow on twitter to see what else I can pick up.....also asked them how good their info is? i'll let you know their response.
  • Their response to my question is -: Well your the judge of that, but the info on my page is valid as well as reliable
  • @redmidland I asked where he gets his info from, replied saying the reports who work for transfertalknow are the ones who have the info and it's his job to put it on via social media.
  • @jblock nice one mate.......now lets see how good it is, but if he is as sure as he says he is then there are some interesting developments coming at the Valley!!!
  •  

Stoll was on FR last week

10 May 2011 18:46:30

Charlton are eyeing up german defender Martin Stoll. His contract is up at the end of the season and wants to play in england. And Chris Powell is keen to tie up a deal for the German defender

• @Redmidland - Interesting developments coming to The Valley ! Have I missed something ?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2011
    @SHG.....accordng to the transfertalknow site (see above)....Robbie off to Hibs with Derek Riordan coming the other way, Racon to Brighton or Millwall, Stoll coming to us from Germany and Bailey coming back......dont know if any of it is true but the response I got when I asked how reliable the info was I posted above in red. If it is true then I would say the addition of Stoll and Riordan is an interesting development but thats just what I think.
  • Wouldn't be dissapointed by this if true.

And yes, I'd have Bailey back in a heartbeat.

• Anybody know what Derek riordan is like
  • He's talented, but a bit moody, blows hot & cold and doesn't mind a nightclub.
    Scores some cracking goals but not sure he is the kind of character we need. 
  •  

Update on Bessone from the Yorkshire Evening Post his emphasis about staying at Leeds is different but there is nothing new here. Clearly he should not be the only Left Back we should look at .

By Leon Wobschall
    Published on Friday 13 May 2011 08:27

formatPubDate("Fri May 13 08:27:22 BST 2011");

CHARLTON ATHLETIC are keen to sign transfer-listed left-back Fede Bessone on a permanent basis – but only if they can agree the right financial package with Leeds United.

Whites boss Simon Grayson has deemed the Argentine surplus to requirements as he bids to shake up his squad, despite the former Swansea City defender having two years left on his Elland Road deal.

Chris Powell’s Charlton – whom Bessone joined on loan for the rest of the season with a view to a permanent deal at the end of January – are in the box seat to sign the 27-year-old.

Although the player himself insists he hasn’t totally given up hope of earning a shock second chance at United.

Addick boss Powell said: “I’d love to keep Fede, but there is a long way to go before finally agreeing a deal.

“He may feel he’s got a chance at Leeds now they have not gone up or might attract suitors from higher above us.

“Financially, we have got to see where Leeds are at. He’s grown as a player since he’s been here. When he initially came, he was not 100 per cent fit.”

Signed last summer, Bessone has started just seven matches for United after struggling with form and injury in the first half of 2010-11, with his final appearance coming in the 5-2 derby blitzing at Barnsley on September 14.

But he enjoyed a redemptive loan spell at the Valley, with his final appearance coming in Saturday’s 0-0 home draw with Hartlepool United. While he admits a return to Charlton is a possibility, Bessone is in no rush to resolve his future and is happy to return to Leeds for pre-season if a deal with another club isn’t struck.

On a possible return to the Addicks, Bessone said: “To be honest, I don’t know. Probably if that’s an option as they said they were very happy with me and my attitude.

“I enjoyed my time at Charlton a lot. As a football player, all you want to do is play games and I played 13 games in a row and I’m happy about that.

“It was a good experience as Charlton are another big club and I enjoyed myself and improved.

“But if I can, I would like to stay at Leeds. But if Leeds don’t want me, you never know, I’ll maybe have another option in Charlton.

“(If nothing happens) I expect to be there (Leeds) in pre-season. I’m going to try and improve my chance and stay at Leeds.

“I’m a little disappointed because I signed for Leeds and wanted to play for them.

“But I had a couple of injuries, which meant I couldn’t play and when I started playing, I didn’t play my best, which is why I’m disappointed.

“I feel sorry as I know Leeds is a massive club and they expect more from their players. I think if I stay next season, I can improve myself and play much better than last season.”

Meanwhile, Whites midfielder Ramon Nunez, who will be at United next season after boss Grayson took up the option to keep him for another season, admits he is keen to prove himself in the first team after a sparkling loan spell at Scunthorpe United.

The Honduran international, 25, scored three goals in eight appearances with the Iron - impressing everyone at Glanford Park - after previously just making two substitute appearances with Leeds.

Nunez said: “I’ll go back for pre-season with Leeds and will try to win a spot there, that’s my first objective.

“I’ll show I want to be part of the starting XI.

“They have told me they want me to stay, so we’ll see if it’s the best decision.

“I briefly got a chance to speak with (Grayson), he was pretty happy with how it went at Scunthorpe and I was happy as well.

“I really didn’t have the opportunity at Leeds before, and I think I’ve proved, or have shown, I’m capable of playing at this level or even higher.”

• @Richard J

I wouldnt pay a penny for him. Hopefully Youga will get fit.
  • I might be alone in thinking this but I wouldn't pay a fee unless it's a nominal one. He hasn't done bad when he's played but he hasn't brought anything that we couldn't get from another loan or a free transfer.
  • Spoke to a security bloke , Spurs fan,three weeks ago who works at the O2 Arena.Friend of Nicky Bailey's.Bailey told him he loves Charlton and was desperate to come back.
  • Can't help but think Bailey has unfinished business with us... would take him back in an instant.

• Noticed Bailey hasn't been in the team or on the bench recently, had a quick search and I don't think Boro fans rate him that highly. I'd have him back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Even if Youga gets back i can see him not playing for us, the club won't offer a contract renewal at his current wages and I'm not sure he'll take such a pay cut.
  • There is no way Bailey will be back with us next season. We'd have to pay at least half what Boro paid out (say £400k) - and according to a Boro supporting mate, the fans up there rate him now after a slow start.
  • It doesn't matter if the fans rate him, it's Mowbray who'll decide.
  • Hes also on about 12k a week!
  • CP said that Youga needs to prove his fitness and that won't be anytime soon. By then CP will have had to get the LB situation covered and I can't then see there being a place. In any case if Kelly gets fit he shouldn't be given anything other than a pay as you play deal until full fit. He's been out well over 18 months so we need to be sure he has fully recovered.
  • @largeaddick I was under the impression Youga is a matter of weeks away from starting a fresh and CP was conifdent he could be fit for pre season and would decide on his future then..
  • @J BLOCK

I thought he said he was hoping he'd be back soon and was thinking he'd join in pre season mid to end July at best.
  • Think we need another reality check. Nicky Bailey is out of our price range. After what CP said the other night I think any fees paid will be nominal and our deals will be done with bargains or scouted talent from overseas like the Stoll fella who are out of contract. Add a few loans and we're done. Forget Bailey.
  • Had a couple of texts and wondered if anyone new if there was any truth in that Kyle Reid has gone to Gillingham?
  • Where DO people get their figures for players wages from? Any basis in fact, by any chance?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!