Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• J Block , i think our price range is cheap , how much do you reckon Rotherham are after 500k plus? i don't reckon we'd pay that , anyway  i thought we were after a goalscoring lump up front , Le Fondre is not in that catergory.
  • FR:

13 May 2011 16:48:37
    Charlton looking to sign Danny Green from Dagenham & Redbridge, Chris Porter on a free from Derby, Fede Bessone from Leeds, and John Sullivan on a free from Millwall.

Chris Powell is also looking to bring in another 3 defenders, 2 midfielders and 2 strikers as well as the players mentioned above.

• Looks all the players look a possiblity soo who know
  • That could deffenetly be true , Green is deffenetly a target of ours and Powell tryed to get Porter on loan in January. Powell also confirmed we wanted Bessone and it was likely Sullivan would sign along with a big physical striker (Porter). Answering Mendonca in Asdas question Rotherham want 150,000 for Le Fondre.
  • Really, really hope we don't sign Bessone - I've been massively underwhelmed everytime I've seen him play. Fry was a better left back imo and he wasn't anything specila by any stretch of the imagination. For me Bessone was just as much of a liability at LB as Francis has tended to be at RB.
  • @exiled_addick

Hopefully Youga will sort himself out and we wont need him.

Jackson or Solly could cover if required.
  • Don't know where else to put this...

We're off on study leave today for exams; that's me for AS and the year below for GCSEs. Bumped into Diego (Poyet) today - he's in the year below - and I have found out that he's leaving school for football. Didn't think you could leave at 16 (thought it'd recently changed to 17), and I asked him about Charlton. He said he hopes/reckons we'll be promoted (interestingly he did say "we"), and I gather that if we do he'll certainly be staying for a while. Not that he's necessarily the brightest spark in our footballing future, but it's promising that he's England U16s captain and in a similar position to the as-yet untried Jordan Cousins. We'll see.

• Latest is Kyel Reid to Gi
  • @Macronate looks like someone is trying to look like they know what's going on. Green would be no surprise, Porter was mentioned on here and Powell has said he'd like to sign Bessone and Sullivan. They might be right about all 4 but not from some inside knowledge.

Clearly made up when they go on to say we'll also sign 2 midfielders and 2 strikers, we'll surely be signing at least 1 if not 2 centre backs (unless Powell does a Pardew...).
  • Have we actually officially released any senior players yet ? Was the Reid rumour confirmed by the club ? Seems to be a bit late to do this to me. Would hate to think that we are hanging on to a lot of dross.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nothing confirmed yet but contracts officially end on 30th June, so when it's actually announced makes no real difference.

Some players are probably on holiday at the moment (I'm sure it was said Sullivan was), and in the Bromley thread Powell was said to be talking to Anyinsah on Thursday. Might be a few speaking to Powell next week?
  • Brighton have made a number of enquiries about Danny Green and the Daggers are playing hard to get.

Can't see him coming to us.(again)

• Pay peanuts....get monkeys !
  • How can D&R be playing hard to get, Greens out of contract and free to speak to anyone.
  • Green playing hard to get?

;o)
  • Just seen a tweet that talks between Brighton and Racon have broken down and Millwall are about to step in with an offer. Bye-Bye Thierry.
  • I've also just seen a tweet from tansfertalknow (dont know how relaible it is or even if it has any facts), however this site is saying Hibs havd made a bid for Robbie Elliott with striker Derek Riordan going in the opposite direction. Make of it what you will, but thought I'd let people on here know.
  • What twitter was that from @valleymcmosit

• @Jblock
    I've just seen the tweet valleymcoist saw on the same twitter account as the Robbie Elliott one ive just posted.....transfertalknow
  • ^^ ta
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton in advanced talks with martin stroll according to transfer talk now no idea who he is though
  • Just googled Martin Stroll..........Nada
  • edited May 2011

Martin Stroll  is a German defender for Hansa Rostock 

• We won't be signing Danny Green. Peterborough will be. Freebie.
  • its martin stoll sorry
  • Martin Stoll. Nationality German. Age 28 central defender.
  • Good news if true. Shows we are spreading the net wide and getting relatively cheap players from strong euro leagues.

Always wondered why relatively few German players come to England.

Never heard of the guy but Sounds like a Vetere recommendation
  • Since season 2007/8 Stoll has only started 61 games ! In season 2010/11 started 12 with no goals and 4 yellow cards.
  • Also according to transfertalknow nicky bailey could be returning if he did? Would we want him?
  • Must agree though Henners. Good to see our scouting network is looking far and wide. I suspect that there are a lot of bargains to be had if you know exactly where to look.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!