Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• @Saga Lout

I'd wondered that too.
  • Where is Cleveland Taylor playing nowadays? He was quality a few years ago but I have not seen him or heard him mentionedin a while...
  •  

I think if Bessone does not join or Youga does not get fit we would need LB cover anyway . If both happen then we would be well off in that position .

Maybe a Julian Gray type all rounder who could cover accross the whole of the left or a left footed CB like Matt Fry ( unlikely now Wham are down ),Tomas Kadar ,Shane Lowry or Alex Tunchev who can cover there .

Jackson is too vital in midfield and after last years Millwall debacle Solly should not be exposed there again.

•  

This bloke on Twitter is now saying we might get Julian Gray . For me that would be a good replacement for Reid although I know others feel diferently.

• edited May 2011
    The bloke on Twatter is now saying we're signing Chris Hackett from Millwall #whatacrock

...And now he's mentioned Paynter from Leeds

...And who's Mark Randall?
  • mark randall's a arsenal youngster, and i don't see this guy being genuine just randomly comes out with this news. seems abit odd!
  • Texted my pals in Scotland about Riordan, heres the replies:

"Wee fenian rat but can be good player"

"Riordan could be good if he grows up a bit. I thought Elliot was quite good"

"Riordan has had a couple of big moves but never came good, if you can get him playing at his best then he'll be a good signing, why you getting rid of Elliot, I thought he was a Charlton fan too"

• We were linked with Riordan when we were un the prem. Always thought he looked good

Robbie only has 1 year left on contract and we aren't sure if he'll sign another deal - might prefer to cash in

Sullivan deal is as good as done
  • Interesting how 2 of the Scots rate Elliot. Be funny if he ends up there with Randolph
  • Apparently Chesterfield have made a bid of 25k for Llera
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought llera was homesick - is there a Chesterfield just outside Malaga or am I missing something?
  • Llera is out of contract - don't think any club is going to bid £25K for a freebie somehow!

Don't want Bessone, there must be better out there than him and he does not seem overly keen to join anyway. 

• Haha good point Athletico, came from this transfertalknow twitter, not so in the know as it appeared!
  • Forget Riordan lads. Third top scorer in SPL history and out of contract.....suspect there will be a few takers higher up the food chain!
  • Looks like transfertalknow is no longer on Twitter
  •  

Has transfertalknow had a super injunction ? LOL

I felt increasingly he was a FR poster who discovered Twitter , most of his rumours were about Bradford and Charlton . The Stoll rumour sounded so random that it might be true or should I just do a search on Football Manager of obscure European players in lower leagues and post Charlton rumours on FR. To be fair most of his rumours seemed possible . 

But as he said himself time will tell.

• @D_F_T the Scots rate him because they don't have to watch him play every week. He is League One at best (the general standard of the SPL, excluding Rangers and Celtic). We need a better keeper to compete in this league and then The Championship.
  • Riordan scored again yesterday ..... and finishes the season Hibs top scorer, with 11 goals.

Akpo Sodje is 2nd leading scorer, 6 goals from 15 games (including sub appearances).
    Akpo hit the post yesterday.

• Akpo was a player who you either hated or loved. My dad hated him, saying he couldn't jump, had no football brain and never seemed to want it. I loved him, I thought he was a player who couldn't be tamed by any defence in this league, and his sheer persistence would always pay off in the end. Once him and Abbott went we slipped down the table. Powell had got us playing it on the floor but it was ineffective, sometimes to win a game you have to play ugly and lump it to a big git in the penalty box, and we won a few games last season doing exactly that. 

I hope we bring in a new lump for next season, I would have liked someone like Manset from Hereford last year, but Reading got in there first.
  • If Akpo had played alongside BWP, we'd have finished much higher than we did, I'm sure of that much. Someone to complement BWP's style is a must, I don't know enough about many of the proposed names to say which I'd prefer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Riordan rumour is an interesting one, certainly has talent -will he turn up for games away at Oldham and Hartlepool though? Think we need to be looking to add some consistency to our side, although we're not exactly over flowing with talet either so there could be a place for him.

Don't particularly want Bailey back, he was aleays overrated by Addicks fans imho because he joined at a time when we were crying out for a bit of enthusiasm in the team. He had penty of that but I never felt he was paticularly special footballer. I'd far rather keep Semedo and Jackson and add a completely new face to the midfield.

Not that bothered about losing Elliot as long as we get a better player in replacement (Sullivan looks like he probably fits that bill) and get a fair price for Elliot.

Palace connections aside, Gray is a good player at this level - I would not mind signing him at all.

Paynter would be a bit of a coup too imo - physical bulk and an eye for goal. Him and BWP could be pretty tasty together.

• We need players who are experienced in getting promotion from the football league and who know what it takes to get out of this league. How many of those do we have in our current side?
  • We just need good players, whether they're young, old, won promotion before or not.

It's the spine of the team that needs building. We had it in 99/00 with the likes of Kiely, Rufus, Kinsella and Hunt (then after going up added more creativity with Jensen).

Look at any team that has won promotion in the last few years, they've all had those 3/4 key players with that bit extra quality. We've got the striker in BWP but don't have the rest.
  • @Scoham I couldn't agree more. We have desperately lacked any creativity since we sold Andy Reid on deadline day and failed to replace him. We were in the playoffs at the time and looked good to go back up at the first attempt.
  • LOL, you're probably right The Red Robin
  • Players with the right attitude are what is needed. Make a sneaky offer to Collin Benjamin (just released by Hamburg) and hope nobody else spots he's available. Loyal (10 years at HSV), pretty good (looked comfortable v Arsenal in Champions League), plays anywhere in the back line or centre mid, great attitude, never moans and sits with the crowd behind the goal when he's out of the team. We need proper characters, not sulkers who aren't prepared to look at themselves before blaming others and who can play a bit. The supporters desperately need players they can identify with and respect.
  • Simonsen, why would a player who has been playing champions league this season want to play for an average div 3 side?
  • Bit of perspective needed in some of these, signing a CL player when we are a mid table league one club now, nothing more than that. Remeber SLL on here saying it took Millwall fans a couple of years to finally accept they were L1 now , think we need to do the same
  • Remeber SLL on here saying it took Millwall fans a couple of years to
    finally accept they were L1 now , think we need to do the same

And with it being League 1, any decent sized club in this league that makes the right signings and builds a team out of them can challenge for the top two.

They don't even have to be players we know much about either or have even heard of. Now the season has finished there are players out there available on a free that would do a good job for us. Mix that with the odd loanee and player for a fee such as BWP (either a club needing the money, or a stand out player at a smaller club) and we could build a good squad.

I don't know if Powell will do it, but it's definitely possible as several clubs smaller than us have shown in recent years.
  •  

Notts County's released list from the BBC , I seem to remember us being linked with Brandy , Chilvers ,Gow  and Harley before .

Defender Graeme Lee is one of eight Notts County players to be told they can leave Meadow Lane.

Lee, Febian Brandy, Alan Gow, David Grof, Njogu Dembra-Nyren and Kevin Smith are not having their contracts renewed by manager Martin Allen.

Liam Chilvers and Jon Harley can leave, even though they are under contract.

"It is never easy to do this part of the job, especially as they have performed so admirably since I have been here," said Allen.

"What makes it tougher is that they are good people and have been good to work with.

"They are all very good, professional, honest people."

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!