Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Jon Harley would be a good shout for left back...
  • febian brandy is top drawer on fm not that it has any bearing irl. maybe we should look for players whose passing, creativity, shooting and determination attributes are all 15 or higher for midfielders, and heading, marking, strength and awareness for the defence 
  • Why are they being released though? Is it a money thing? If they're just being released as they are no longer needed I don't think we should be picking over the cast-offs of a team who barely survived League 1. Didn't look up to much when we played them even though we lost.
  • Alan Gow is an interesting one. Always rated him, i'd imagine he pushed to be released rather than the other way around.
  •  

I agree with ISLS about Gow .

Tonights FR , they both exist . Is this Vetere's influence or someone picking out random obscure names ?

16 May 2011 18:13:03

Freddy Eastwood is to leave Coventry this summer and Charlton and Leyton Orient are favourite to get his Signature

16 May 2011 17:46:51

Charlton are looking for cheap talent in scandanavia. Kim Ojo (striker) and Marcus Sahlman (gk) are both possible targets.

• If Vetere is only giving us names we'd all recognise, I don't think he'd be doing very well at his job. Hopefully a few gems to be picked out.
  • Eastwood still has a year left on his contract so it would involve a fee and I doubt we could afford his wages.
    Next.....
  • True Valley, but it's obligatory that we get linked with Eastwood at some point in the close season.
  • noooooooooooooooooooooo not another Johny ooooostergaurd   and Vigo Jakobsen ?   mind you when they were kak we were playing at a higher level than now
  • edited May 2011
    Ojo's career stats on Wikipedia:
    2004 - 2008 Stade Tunisien 62 (15)
    2008 - 2010 Nybergsund-Trysil 76 (37)
    2011 -     Brann 6 (5)

A comment on Wikipedia about Sahlman:
     Tromsø IL have not lost a single match when Marcus Sahlman has played. This has led Tromsø IL's manager Per-Mathias Høgmo to openly speak out in the media and say that Sahlman should be Sweden's first choice goalkeeper.[10]

Interesting if true
  • Sponsored links:

• @Goonerhater

Scandinavia? What about Johansen & Claus Jensen........and, erm, "Dennis in the Last Minute"?

PS: Those 3 cost us nearly £9 million ....!
  •  

From Football rumours:

Ex westfield united captain jimmy hart is undergoing trials at charlton athletic after scoring 35 goals in 20 games for the sussex county side. wycombe and southend are also interested in taking the foward on trial.

• Alan Gow... Quality player... SIGN HIM UP!
  • Just been reading a bit about Alan Gow, apparently did little at Motherwell and Plymouth, technically good but lazy and goes missing.

I've not seen him myself and that's only the opinion of a few fans of those clubs of course. Though there must be something in it, Notts County have released him after just half a season with them and he wasn't with Plymouth or Motherwell for long either.
  • Anyone remember the name of the skinhead Notts County midfielder who put it about at Meadow Lane?
  • Suffered with hamstring injuries and has been struggling for the last couple of seasons. I hope this is not the type of player we are looking to sign.
  • edited May 2011
    @falconwood, Neil Bishop perhaps?
  • Jimmy Hart.. surely not..

• That's him. Had the right attitude for me. Kicked anything that moved and won the right to play.

Would do for me.

Riordon will be going elsewhere not Division 1....
  • edited May 2011

Carl Fletcher has accepted the one year option that Plymouth had on his contract according to the BBC .

Plymouth captain Carl Fletcher is set to stay at Home Park after telling the club he will be taking up the option of a further 12 months on his contract.

Acting chairman Peter Ridsdale said: "He has written to us and exercised the option in his contract.

"I take it as a great compliment that he wants to stay with us."

The 31-year-old Wales international midfielder made 37 appearances for the Pilgrims in their relegation season, scoring two league goals.

Fletcher signed for Argyle in June 2009 on an initial two-year deal after he was released by Crystal Palace.

• Sponsored links:

• I make it that we have now been associated with 46 transfers, the latest being Mark Hudson; come on SCP - give us some genuine news please.
  • @daveroan Where was the hudson rumour from?

• @daveroan where was the Hudson rumour from?
  • Hudson rumour is from footie rumours site so basically bollocks.
  • Is there any ex-player that won't be linked with us!!
  • Don't think Hudsons star or wages will have fallen that far so as Large says - bollocks
  • Is there any ex-player that won't be linked with us!!

Darren Bent?
  • Liked the idea of Chris O'Grady though.
  • Scott Parker mind you could be soon we are after championship players
  • @Clem_Snide

Maybe I should have included the necessary caveat that the ex-players linked with us are all ones that ranged from average to pony
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!