Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• I'm inclined to agree with Scoham.

A move to one of the Sheffield clubs or possibly even to a Doncaster/Barnsley if the fee really is as low as £150k and for instance Donny lose Sharp would be my supposition.

Yes, I said most of that at 9.00 pm  :-)

If we really want to get picky I brought up Shef Weds at 20.20 ;-)
    So you did I apologise.
  • have been told we are set to sign Andy Barcham. Don't know a lot about him myself.
  • Think he was out of contract at the end of the season. Winger who can play up front I think, or the other way round.
  • Andy Barcham is a very good winger imho, fast and skillful with an eye for goal, can also play up top. Probably one of Gills stand out players when they were in League 1 and very surprised no one came in for him last summer. Scored a belter for them at The Valley last season.

Not sure if there is any truth is this though as he seems to play more on the left and we already have Jackson and maybe signing Bolasie today.

• Sounds like it would be an either/or situation with Bolasie and would rather the latter if possible (though obviously he'd command a fee and higher wages)
  • edited May 2011
    EDIT
  • Does Bolasie play just on the left or the right as well? I thought both he and Barcham could switch either side. SCP did say he saw Jackson as an inside left or centre mid so an assumption could be, Bolasie, Hollands, Jackson, Barcham across the middle.

• If Reid is leaving then I see no reason why we cannot have Barcham and Bolasie. Jackson can play in the middle and so can Barcham - especially off a front man like Wagstaff is also able to do. It's good to have options. We want promotion next season and if the Hollands, Barcham and Bolasie rumors are true then Chis Powell is certainly identifying the right players and looking to develop a strong squad capable of challenging for promotion for the entire season....courtesy of  his top scout Covered End Junior of course!
  • Hessentaler on Eurosport saying Barcham has agreed a deal with a league one club. Could be us.
  • According to Wikipedia Barcham is out of contract and plays as a winger/striker.

A good little player, but another who is somewhat small - 5ft 9. I thought Powell was looking to add a bit of muscle and height?

• Sponsored links:

• According to Wikipedia Barcham is out of contract and plays as a winger/striker.

A good little player, but another who is somewhat small - 5ft 9. I thought Powell was looking to add a bit of muscle and height?

Mike Tyson is only 5'11"

Barcham could be built like a shit brickhouse
  • Andy Barcham looks like the very definition of stocky on google images... as for Bolasie he's 6'2" and can probably be summed up in one word - "direct"

He's also most likely looking to sign 10-15 players (or more according to some)
  • Barcham has turned down a contract offer and is talking to a couple of L1 clubs.
    Apparently struggled to reach top form last year due to injuries
  • Barcham has turned down a contract offer and is talking to a couple of L1 clubs.
    Apparently struggled to reach top form last year due to injuries

Sounds right up our street!
  • Was hoping we could have looked at Ferrie Bodde, Swansea player out for the last 2 seasons but amazing midfielder, shame swansea renewed his contract!
  • Was hoping we could have looked at Ferrie Bodde, Swansea player out for the last 2 seasons but amazing midfielder, shame swansea renewed his contract!
    I wondered what had happened to him, was immense a couple of years ago.
  • He came back after one season out with a  broken leg. Played 2 games and broke the other leg, or at least something along those lines. He was gutted. Nice bloke thou when martinez left swansea he wanted him at Wigan, couple of other prem sides were intrested at the time also.
  • "life-long Gooner"

wondered how long it would be before that was trotted out

Thanks for the class Carl, hopefully we'll get as much dirty money as we can off the back of you
  • Sponsored links:

• "life-long Gooner"

Thanks for the class Carl, hopefully we'll get as much dirty money as we can off the back of you
    Sorry, but if I was him I would jump ship too, we haven't exactly been on the up have we? Best to get out now, into the spotlight, and try to further your career than languish in the murky depths of third tier football.

Best of luck to him, another academy player who's future looks brighter than ours
  • "life-long Gooner"

Sorry, but if I was him I would jump ship too, we haven't exactly been on the up have we? Best to get out now, into the spotlight, and try to further your career than languish in the murky depths of third tier football.

Best of luck to him, another academy player who's future looks brighter than ours
    Debate has been done to death but I'll stick by my argument as much as others will by theirs. In my opinion, he could have made sure we were looked after with a proper fee and not a diluted compensation package. A question of class, integrity and maturity.  It's not about the move it's about the means.
  • He better declare himself as Finnish. He's got no chance at Arsenal if Wenger thinks he's English!
  • "life-long Gooner"

Debate has been done to death but I'll stick by my argument as much as others will by theirs. In my opinion, he could have made sure we were looked after with a proper fee and not a diluted compensation package. A question of class, integrity and maturity.  It's not about the move it's about the means.

A year ago we signed him to a one year contract when he no doubt wanted two - so perhaps the fault lies with us, but then a year ago he was yet to make his first XI debut and was one of a number of kids who might or might not have made it. Some of his peers from his career in our youth and reserve teams have have just been released.

I can't blame him - he's being offered a decent contract that in one year will pay him well over what he would earn in two/three seasons here and gets a better standard of coaching and opportunity thrown in.

• edited May 2011
    Jenkinson may still not "make it" - I don't like what he's done, but looking at it from his point of view, at least this way he'll have a few quid in the bank.
  • I think he'll be back next season anyway.

• POPE SIGNS FOR CHARLTON ATHLETIC

Another of our crop of talented youngsters has been offered a chance in the professional game.

Nick Pope has been offered a two year deal with Charlton Athletic and everybody at Bury Town is absolutely delighted for him. Popey is a fantastic lad with a great attitude and fully deserves his chance to make it in the pro game. The offer followed an invitation to train with the League One side a few weeks ago and after impressing the staff there, they watched Nick play in a couple of games for us. Nick was also a member of the West Suffolk College squad and has represented England Colleges.

Having challenged and temporarily replaced Marcus Garnham, Nick showed us all what he was capable of when he wore the number 1 shirt for us in a few games and Charlton obviously feel confident in offering him this opportunity. As well as training full time, he will also coincide this with his studies at a college near to Charlton.

Although we are sad to see Popey leave, this is a wonderful opportunity for someone who fully deserves it and I know we will all watch his career develop with interest in the future. We will definitely see him back at Ram Meadow during the pre-season of 2012-2013 as he will feature in the Charlton side which will visit us as part of the agreement between the two parties.

Good luck Popey.

Trevor Collins

Director of Football

• SWFC signed Rob Jones and David Prutton today. Two very good frees in my opinion.
  • Just came up on CAFCOFFICIAL twitter:

Who wants a bit of transfer news then? (TH)
  • Danny Hollands and Bradley Pritchard have signed.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!