Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Has been mentioned on another thread but Green from D&R if they go down is another.
  • Saw Lee croft off football rumours from derby.
  • Re Ross Worner - heard that from the horse's mouth, but "nothing's finalised yet". Said he was tired of sitting on the bench last night.

• Re re Ross Worner, not that shocked if it happens or that upset.
  • Tired of sitting on the bench. Not sure what he expected arriving at a fairly decent (or supposedly so) League 1 outfit from Woking with a goalkeeper already settled at the club.
  • Worner out Sullivan in. No contest for me.
  • Elliot out Worner and Sullivan in, most unfit pro footballer EVER
  •  

Hope Sullivan is coming in now he is on a free.

• Agree I would like to see Sullivan come in. I wonder how h would feel about playing second fiddle to Robbie ? He has had that experience already at Millwall. Not sure he's gonna fancy risking it again.
  • If Sullivan does come in, I'd expect him to be as first choice. Ability wise he and Robbie are probably similar, but in terms of fitness Sullivan wins hands down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sunday night on Football Rumours . Most of these seem possible but are maybe either / ors  :

08 May 2011 20:17:20

Charltons targets:
    john sullivan
    conrad logan
    yassin moutakil
    federico bessone
    eddie nolan
    craig morgan
    jeffrey bruma
    Lloyd sam
    nicky bailey
    zheng zhi
    david nugent
    paul hayes
    craig davies
    adam le fondre
    peter leven
    steve howard

• david nugents in strong talks with cafc
  • @Green Day

That I would like to believe... but I can't. Surely half the Championship would take him on.
  • Some new signings to be announced in the next couple of weeks to get season ticket sales up for next season. Don't know who yet, I'm working on it!...
  • Nugent and BWP up front!

I think that would work
  • Heard the Nugent rumours a few times but I'd imagine most of the Championship would be after him on a free. We can live in hope I suppose. Would tie in though with what Slater said about signing Championship quality players.
  • Nugent would be a good signing especially for League One statement of intent as well.

• According to footie rumours an Iraqi international is set to sign, already had a medical apparently. No name given.
  • Lloyd Sam, Nicky bailey and Zheng Zhi? 
    Really?
  • Le Fondre - No chance, out of our price range.
  • Sponsored links:

• Perhaps not after his rather poor last 6 months albeit in a plummeting Rotherham side Mendonca.

Has been overshadowed by the likes of Donaldson and Lowe in that division... RUFC will not be able to make the same outlandish demands as they did last summer.
  • Le Fondre has stated he is not staying at R'ham
    is he out of contract?
  • Le Fondre has stated he is not staying at R'ham
    is he out of contract?

Is he actually any good, scored a few but then so did McLeod in that league - i have never seen Le Fondue play so just asking rather than commenting...
  • scores ~ 1 in every 2 games
    appears good when you see the goals but is only playing against 4 division players
  •  

There was a rumour about an Iraqi International Nashat Akram on there a couple of weeks ago , I didn't post it because I thought it was a wind up from someone on here .

Unlike a lot of the rumours from there I've googled him and he does exist and was highly rated .

• Nugent, would he be upset if we chanted England's number 9 at him?
  • Lloyd Sam, Nicky bailey and Zheng Zhi? 

No thanks don't want any of them back, Baily maybe but we need players with heart who wanna play for us!

• Bailey didn't actually want to leave last year - but boro offered a lot more money for him than we could afford (at the time) to turn down - so he didn't have much choice.
  • He wouldn't come back to us anyway, ZZ in the end didn't wanna play for us and Lloyd Sam was a lazy player.
  • @Gazcafc81 all of those players you don't want back would vastly improve what we currently have at Charlton. Can't honestly agree that any of them didn't have heart. Certainly not ZZ or Bailey.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!