Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Ackworth?

His book is out soon. Can't wait ;-)
  • "From Welling toCharlton"

Players I have discovered and recommended.

By Jonathan Acworth
  • Latest from Football Rumours:
    Tamás Kádár to Charlton for 600k

Bit much for a 21 year old who has only played 40 odd games, plays for Newcastle and has been on-loan at Huddersfield this season, played twice. Played 18 times for Newcastle so far. Centre back who can play left back too.

I know it's from that site but just thought I'd put it on here..
  • [cite]Posted By: Sage[/cite]Latest from Football Rumours:
    Tamás Kádár to Charlton for 600k

Bit much for a 21 year old who has only played 40 odd games, plays for Newcastle and has been on-loan at Huddersfield this season, played twice. Played 18 times for Newcastle so far. Centre back who can play left back too.

I know it's from that site but just thought I'd put it on here..

That's right out of left field isn't it ? 600k seems a lot with only those games under his belt. Heard more ludicrous rumours though.
  • Acworth seems to have taken over..... Shearer FFS.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]curbs back with powelly number 2 learing the ropes dyer first team coach.. you know it makes sense son.[/quote]

i like the sound of that - i'm expecting a fair chunk of investment and just can't see how we can rely on CP to do it, however much of a nice bloke he is.
  • Why do I keep hearing rumours of Racon and/or Semedo heading to Palarse?
    Is this just pure dread or is there a reason?
  • http://www.cafctv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10267~2347150,00.html

Like several Charlton players, 27-year-old Racon is out of contract in the summer and says discussions over a new deal have yet to take place.

"I think the club want to wait until after the last game and then see what happens," he stated. "We've got a new owner, everything is new. So we need to sit down and take it from there.

"But I like this country, I'm comfortable in London." - must mean he's going to Palace or Millwall...
  • Or Orient or QPR, or Barnet...
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]http://www.cafctv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10267~2347150,00.html

Like several Charlton players, 27-year-old Racon is out of contract in the summer and says discussions over a new deal have yet to take place.

"I think the club want to wait until after the last game and then see what happens," he stated. "We've got a new owner, everything is new. So we need to sit down and take it from there.

"But I like this country, I'm comfortable in London."- must mean he's going to Palace or Millwall...

On his bloody wages he should be comfortable
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]http://www.cafctv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10267~2347150,00.html

"But I like this country, I'm comfortable in London."- must mean he's going to Palace or Millwall...

On his bloody wages he should be comfortable

You've got to wonder why the club is still holding back on the contracts - they know which league we'll be playing in next season, they know their budget and they should by now know who they want to keep.
  • edited April 2011
    "You've got to wonder why the club is still holding back on the contracts - they know which league we'll be playing in next season, they know their budget and they should by now know who they want to keep"

Same old Charlton, CP has been reported as saying last week, "we have a number of players out of contract this summer & I'll be talking to them in the next few weeks to find out their intentions" !!!!!

The next few weeks ???????
    I would imagine their intentions is to get fixed up with a club that wants them as soon as possible. What the hell are we waiting for ? Surely Powell has had enough time to decide who he wants to keep & negotiations should have started by now surely ?
    Possibly he's been too busy scouting for local non league players ?
  • [cite]Posted By: charltonbob[/cite]"You've got to wonder why the club is still holding back on the contracts - they know which league we'll be playing in next season, they know their budget and they should by now know who they want to keep"

Same old Charlton, CP has been reported as saying last week, we have a number of players out of contract this summer & I'll be talking to them in the next few weeks to find out their intentions !!!!!

The next few weeks ???????
    I would imagine their intentions is to get fixed up with a club that wants them as soon as possible. What the hell are we waiting for ? Surely Powell has had enough time to decide who he wants to keep & negotiations should have started by now surely ?
    Possibly he's been too busy scouting for local non league players ?

The way it works is :-

We say to the out of contract player, we will not be renewing at £6k per week. We may wish to renew at £3k per week.
    You/your agent have a look around and if you can come up with something better, good luck to you. If not, we are happy to offer you a new contract.

We may not have offered some of them anything, because we do not wish to renew, but we would be foolish to tell them that now in many cases, wouldn't we ?
    Simplified I know, but generally correct.
  • Latest offerings from Football Rumours , I think all of these are plausable . I suspect that these are not the work of Ackworth.

Morgan and Nolan are both international centre backs who have a pedegree at this level, Macdonald has been linked with us by many on here ,if Davies is out of contracts would he be worth a punt ?

26 Apr 2011 19:07:46

Charlton Athletic to sign Eddie Nolan from Sc**thorpe and Craig Morgan from Preston. Both will be completed in the summer.

25 Apr 2011 19:47:10

Been told by a few ex players now (still connected to ncfc) that if norwich city go up they will buy Pacheco from Liverpool and Lansbury from arsenal on permenant deal with a possibility of Vokes from wolves as well. Only planets leaving will be cost macdonald to charlton and possibly Adam drury to destination unknown. OTBC

24 Apr 2011 17:52:27

Charlton are willing to take a chance on craig davies from chesterfield, who is out of contract in the summer.
  • We were linked with Davies years ago

Personally I'd like the Rochdale striker Chris o'grady. Useful target man, pacy and looked good to me
  • Craig Davies is a big yes from me great foil with bwp, real potential to be a powerful and clinical striker in this league.

Scorer of great goals and tap in's
  • I shall be taking my list of players to sign, to give to Chris Powell at the Bromley meeting.
    Craig Davies will be on there, together with Jonathan Douglas.
    He'll think I'm mad, but what the hell :-)
  • Good idea mate add bowyer and Phillips to the list and find a 3 quality defenders 2 of which must be centre halves and we would piss this league
  • My list ;) , not yours :D
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I shall be taking my list of players to sign, to give to Chris Powell at the Bromley meeting.
    Craig Davies will be on there, together with Jonathan Douglas.
    He'll think I'm mad, but what the hell :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Craig Davies is a big yes from me great foil with bwp, real potential to be a powerful and clinical striker in this league.

Scorer of great goals and tap in's

Agree with this.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]We were linked with Davies years ago

Personally I'd like the Rochdale striker Chris o'grady. Useful target man, pacy and looked good to me

Didn't have his best game on Monday but was outstanding up there a couple of weeks previously and I'd certainly have a punt on him.
  • yeah but craig davies was shite for brighton in this league!!!
  • Another Footie Rumours from tonight

26 Apr 2011 23:17:04

South African gk itumeleng khune to charlton from kaiser chiefs
  • [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Another Footie Rumours from tonight

26 Apr 2011 23:17:04

South African gk itumeleng khune to charlton from kaiser chiefs
    Ricky Wilson to join him on a free.
  • Still if Alan Shearer joined as gaffer we'd get more exposure on tv if Gaby Logan has a say in it *allegedly*

#superinjunction
  • Moons ago katie hill(blue peter) and newcastles former no.9
  • edited April 2011
  • Moons ago katie hill(blue peter) and newcastles former no.9

Who George Hope ?
  • Football Rumours again . Does this bloke exist or is someone from here posting rubbish on there again ?

27 Apr 2011 01:05:52

Charlton Athletic are being strongly linked with an upcoming player from the Ivory Coast
    -Raymonde D'Midland - a natural left-sided midfileder currently playing for a local side. He was spotted by Phil Chappel on a recent visit. . a number of other league 1 and 2 clubs are also watching him.
  • Richard J, seriously, Raymonde D'Midland ? It's on Football Rumours, do you really have to ask whether someone is posting rubbish ?

Like what Ivory Coast club ? Hmmm, like all those fantastic players we got from Ivory Coast as well.

It did make me laugh though, just like his up and coming younger brother Cedric du South West and his slighter older brother Colin North Midland. They are all connected via National Rail.

Honestly football rumours.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!