Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Someone from here ? LOL

07 Apr 2011 10:15:14

Charlton are set to sign Thierry Henry's nephew Irving Henry, who has turned down contract offers from clubs in France as he wants to play in England. Charlton's soon to be new Director of Football Jeff Vetere has helped secure the deal through his European contacts.
  • [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Someone from here ? LOL

07 Apr 2011 10:15:14

Charlton are set to sign Thierry Henry's nephew Irving Henry, who has turned down contract offers from clubs in France as he wants to play in England. Charlton's soon to be new Director of Football Jeff Vetere has helped secure the deal through his European contacts.

Heard he's going to have a race with Gary Docherty and whoever wins gets a contract.
  • irving henry!! henry irving!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-) wasnt me though
  • richard wright just been realesed from sheff utd,cant beleve he is 33 but would be a good signing for us and excelent for robbie and worner to learn from, in my head anyway.
  • good shout m8 ! but im still hoping for richard lee of brentford
  • [cite]Posted By: uie2[/cite]good shout m8 ! but im still hoping for richard lee of brentford

I was so upset to lose on penalties against them, but I have to say, they were some fantastic penalty saves!!
  • I agree that an experienced keeper has to be one of the main priorities for Chris.
  • Latest FR . Didn't we try this from Southend last season and look how well its turned out !

08 Apr 2011 14:10:20

Southend United in breach of contract with striker Matt Paterson, currently on loan at Stockport County, for non-payment of wages. Paterson is taking legal action in order to be released from his contract, and will shortly sign a pre-contract agreement with Brighton.

Several other players at the club are also commencing legal action over regular late wage payments (breach of contract) and expect to be released from their deals. These include Anthony Grant (interesting Charlton and Colchester), Chris Barker (Torquay), Ryan Hall (Ipswich, Bournemouth, Brentford and Gillingham), Blair Sturrock (Inter Feering) and Barry Corr (Tranmere).
  • [cite] Blair Sturrock (Inter Feering).

Ha
  • [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Southend United in breach of contract with striker Matt Paterson, currently on loan at Stockport County, for non-payment of wages. Paterson is taking legal action in order to be released from his contract, and will shortly sign a pre-contract agreement with Brighton.

That's a good one too ......... a player who can't even get in a very medicre bottom half Southend side, and farmed out to doomed bottom of the entire Football League, Stockport County.

And tapped up to play in The Championship with Brighton next season.....?.

Next!
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton will sign Danny Green from Dagenham & Redbridge this summer.

Who knows if it's true but we're ment to be linked with Green. I think that he would be a great signing IMO, he scores and creates plenty of goals and would give the right service for BWP to score bundles next season.

You heard it here from Sage first!
  • edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Sage[/cite]and would give the right service for Benson BWP to score bundles next season.

Just like old times for them both......the Daggers connection.

Like when Lennie signed Tony Towner to supply the ammo for new signing Ronnie Moore, after watching them combine for Rotherham to anihilate Charlton 5-1 at The Valley.

Ronnie Moore cost me a tenner. Still I did see him score his 1st goal for Charlton, the day my daughter was conceived.
  • LEE BOWYER - KEVIN PHILLIPS........
  • Steve Claridge - Dean Windarse.......
  • Yes, very true Oggy. Green has the ability to score and supply for both Benson and BWP. I however think that Benson could be heading in the opposite direction if this transfer happens. Just a feeling but either way if we add quality to the squad this summer and Green being one of them, we are sure to have a better and exciting season next time around.

I think we need at least 3/4 quality defenders and maybe an experienced keeper, I like Robbie but a good experienced keeper could be the finishing touches and the difference at times between automatics and play-offs..

We also have the joint 8th worst defence in the league so far, let in 60 in 40 games. Last season we let in 48 in 46 games. There for everyone to see where our problem is...
  • Green was in our youth set up and we let him go.

Why could none of the youth coaches not foresee when we were in the premier that we might need a league one winger in 10 years time?
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Green was in our youth set up and we let him go.

Why could none of the youth coaches not foresee when we were in the premier that we might need a league one winger in 10 years time?

Agree Henry. I blame the supporters director for not speaking up at the time.
  • You're bang on form this morning, Shooters!

;o)
  • I'm here all week !
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Green was in our youth set up and we let him go.

Agree Henry. I blame the supporters director for not speaking up at the time.

Spot on, blame Wendy or Sue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Latest FR

10 Apr 2011 16:21:22

Champions League winner, Steve Finnan, is currently holding talks with Sheffield United about signing for them for the start of next season. Finnan, currently a free agent after being released by Portsmouth, wants a one year contract and believes League 1 or the Championship would be ideal. Charlton Athletic, Reading and Colchester United are also trying to get in touch with Finnan but 'The Blades' looks like his first choice.
  • finnan local lad played for welling, sign him up!
  • Get him in!
  • Latest FR

12 Apr 2011 13:38:01

CHARLTON will sign CODY MCDONALD this summer from Norwich City
  • ok not bad but we are talking football rumour site hear!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Yes, a former dartford player, IF true, I obviously hope he does well, I remember watching him a few years back at Princes Park.
  • Scored a hatful at Gills didn't he?
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Scored a hatful at Gills didn't he?
    Yh but chris dickson scored a hatful of goals
  • Does Acworth post on Football Rumours as most of these have appeared on his Twitter feed at some point!
  • edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite]Does Acworth post on Football Rumours as most of these have appeared on his Twitter feed at some point!
    Very strange tweet from Acworth the other day-

jacworth jonathan acworth
    love to see campbell ryce not getting a game at man city i reckon he could come back

He also thinks the board are after Bougherra
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!