Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Football Rumours again . Does this bloke exist or is someone from here posting rubbish on there again ?

27 Apr 2011 01:05:52

Charlton Athletic are being strongly linked with an upcoming player from the Ivory Coast
    -Raymonde D'Midland - a natural left-sided midfileder currently playing for a local side. He was spotted by Phil Chappel on a recent visit. . a number of other league 1 and 2 clubs are also watching him.

Ok I own up I posted it, just to see if this so-called football rumours site had any credance or indeed did any checks. I posted it at 'silly o'clock in the morning', just to see.
    Made the name up RaymondE D Midland.....and they published it within 5 mins....so that tells me what a load of old garbage this site is.

Aplogies if I got anyone thinking we had found the new Ivory Coastian footie star.....we havent as I'm way to old and was born in S.E London!!
  • I suspected it was nonsense . As I have said before FR is a bit of fun . No one seems to edit it and they just put everything up .

I found all the other rumours I posted from there last night plausable which is why I like to keep tabs on the site .

I really do not take FR seriously.

Likewise I'm sure today's offering is similar to RaymondE:

Charlton Athletic have been looking overseas to add to there squad. Phil Chapple has been keeping tabs on the following players.

Al Kaholic- Al Ahli
    Dill Doe - Shenzhen Ruby
    Peter Pulmiov - Litex Lovech
    Moe Lester - Colorado Rapids
  • Don't worry Red Midland, it made me laugh, it is a great made up name.

A tiny bit of quality control in checking that players actually exist would help the creditability of that site.

After, I thought about it a bit more, did Phil Chapple go to Ivory Coast ? It seems to be a bit dangerous over there at the moment. He did a bit of moonlighting for Newsnight as well so I hear.

Anything is possible, on the OS, Keith Peacock reckons that the next most difficult job after being Charlton manager is Prime Minster. Now it's the biggest step of all by becoming a manager. It's the hardest job, apart from being Prime Minister! There are so many variables.

Maybe Chris Powell or Phil Parkinson can step down to be brain surgeons or chief analysts at Goldman Sachs afterwards !
  • Football rumours again

27 Apr 2011 15:11:05

Le fondre to charlton athletic by the start of next season for an undisclosed fee
  • [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Football rumours again

27 Apr 2011 15:11:05

Le fondre to charlton athletic by the start of next season for an undisclosed fee

I wouldn't mind that one coming true!
  • Would like to see Le Fondre here - not sure what kind of season he's had, though. Anyone know?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]Would like to see Le Fondre here - not sure what kind of season he's had, though. Anyone know?[/quote]

21 league goals this season.
  • Found it more difficult this season, but hardly helped by a weaker Rotherham side that have had a change of manager and hit the buffers, especially in recent weeks. After starting the season well and peaking in the Autumn he has struggled of late, with only 5 league goals since early December. Still 21 league goals is a more than respectable return.
  • The 'Moe Lester' post is genius!
  • Thanks Starin/ISaw. Hopefully this means that his price has become a bit more reasonable, as Rotherham wanted silly money for him a year or so ago...
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]Thanks Starin/ISaw. Hopefully this means that his price has become a bit more reasonable, as Rotherham wanted silly money for him a year or so ago...

Yes perhaps, didn't they turn down an offer in excess of £2mil and ask for £3.5mil or something? As you say, perhaps his asking price will fall given that Rotherham have so far priced others out of him, they'll need to cash in soon as they are likely to have another season in League 2 and he may be more willing to push for a move now that is the case as well.
  • edited April 2011
    [quote][cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]Would like to see Le Fondre here - not sure what kind of season he's had, though. Anyone know?[/quote]

Poor man's BWP, too similar. Need an Akpo type with more skill. Waghorn?
  • Someone posted this on FR

27 Apr 2011 15:14:36
    2011/2012 team: sullivan
    Yassin kadar nolan bessone
    Racon semedo parrett
    BWP mcdonald aynsah

Notice this was posted before the current Mo2 story

27 Apr 2011 17:56:04

Charlton Athletic are in talks to take Krystian Pearce to the Valley from Notts County.

Pearce was linked with us last year and impressed me when we played them at home . He is currently out injured
  • Pearce from Notts was outstanding against Man City at Meadow Lane, looked a real good prospect. However, not sure how he has performed in the league.

We could certainly do worse.
  • liked what i've seen of Pearce
  • I would love Pearce, think he'd be a great quality signing.
    At start of season, I'd loved Le Fondre, but now im not so sure, we could do much worse though
  • [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]sullivan
    Racon semedo parrett
    BWP mcdonald aynsah

That team looks pretty fecking good to me
  • [cite]Posted By: CAFCsayer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]sullivan
    Racon semedo parrett
    BWP mcdonald aynsah

That team looks pretty fecking good to me

I like Bessone, but if Youga was fit, now that would be a back four.
  • Next Seasons Away Shirts - White

• White...? Hmm. I'm ok with that. 
  • Sponsored links:

•  

Latest Football Rumours

03 May 2011 12:54:46
    Chris Powell wants an experienced Keeper to challenge Rob Elliot for the Gloves next season . He may return to Leicester for Conrad Logan now that Bristol Rovers have been relegated or sign current loanee John Sullivan permanently now that Millwall have given him a free transfer .

Ross Worner will remain as 3rd choice but sent on loan to L2 /BSP.

• Blimey a sensible rumour re Keepers
  • Been a couple on there linking us with Nugent from Pompey. Also a few Waggy to Millwall one's too over the last few days. A few silly ones too like Jeff Brauma from Chelsea for 2m.
  • I needed my fix of stupid rumours so i had a look at that site. Some of the rumours on there!!! Some of it is comedy gold i tell you
  • edited May 2011
    Good old Football Rumours! Should be re-titled Football Bollocks.
  • I wonder if Powell will recall Serge Deble http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serges_D%C3%A9bl%C3%A9

*Rolls eyes*

• Will deble be allowed to play next season?
    I thin wigan wanted him at the start of this season.
  • What if we register him from the British Virgin Islands? And have one of his parents from Switzerland?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!