Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• football rumous recently has made me laugh the amount of boll**ks on there, dean parrett for 3million? do we have that much to spend on one player?
  • It does sound a bit fishy (yes, yes, it's been used before)
  • Zakuani would be a quality signing and is a player we should have signed years ago.
  • So BWP is set to join Peterborough in the summer ? Would we really let a guaranteed 20 goals leave in order to bring in someone from BSP and division 2 ? I hope to god that this is as much bollix as is usual from that site.
  • edited May 2011

Alan Connell couldn't hit a barn door for Bournemouth in League 1 or 2. Probably shouldn't worry though as only on FR.

Like the Craig Davies rumour though. Pace, Power, Strength could be just what we need. Some of his goals this season were sublime.

Was it the Craig Davies we were linked with when we were in the Prem? Think he may have been at Oxford?

• The Connell rumour could have substance. He rejoined Bournemouth in summer 2008, around the time that Chris Powell was on trial there. His record however doesn't look that outstanding it has to be said until he dropped to the Conference. A late developer perhaps.
  • it  all sounds a bit Pardew era, or is it just me?
  • The Connell rumour could have substance. He rejoined Bournemouth in summer 2008, around the time that Chris Powell was on trial there. His record however doesn't look that outstanding it has to be said until he dropped to the Conference. A late developer perhaps.

Connell makes Mooney or Benson look like John "the Beast" Parkin in terms of presence.  Lightweight or what?

• Was really hoping our targets were going to be a lot more substantial than these names tbh. Can't see why we recruited Vetere to scout if our ambition is that low. Time will tell.
  • Don't believe anything on football rumours, you can make anything up and it'll be put up the next day.

I
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't believe anything on football rumours, you can make anything up and it'll be put up the next day.

Took 10 minutes for my "Charlton close in on Margaret Hitler" scoop to make it on there. Someone put a v funny one about Charlton signing Ben Hayes from Cardigan Town as well. Absolute waste of time that website.
  • "26 Apr 2011 23:17:04

South African gk itumeleng khune to charlton from kaiser chiefs"

Give us an I,
    I
    Give us a t
    t
    Give us a u
    u
    Give us a m
    m

Give us back elliot its easier
  • Some good ones on there yesterday

04 May 2011 21:03:20
    Charlton to sign adam le fondre for £1.5m

04 May 2011 21:16:27
    Charlton targets:

federico bessone (leeds) undisclosed fee
    dean parret (spurs) loan
    lloyd sam (leeds) loan
    nicky bailey (middlesbrough) £1.7m
    paul hayes (preston) 500k
    john sullivan (millwall) undisclosed fee

04 May 2011 21:35:46
    Charlton ins:
    eddie nolan
    craig davies
    steve howard
    john sullivan
    cody mcdonald
    jordan spence
    adam le fondre
    cico bessone
    dean parrett
    jeffrey bruma
    paul hayes

• wouldn't mind bessone parrett sam bailey davies spence bruma or le fondre. 
  • Dean Parrett - Season Loan for 2011/12.

Ross Worner - Released.

• 5 years too late but

Jimmy Bullard
  • OOhh look at all the millions we will be spending out in the summer. The Man City of League 1!!

Roughly translated a few free transfers from the likes of Southend United plus a few loan signings.

• Bullard makes sense.

He could keep a closer eye on his pub.

Wages could be a problem.
  • ipswich can't afford his wages so i doubt we could, and i'd doubt he'd even consider league 1 football sadly.
  • @Macronate - Keep a close eye on all pubs, he was all afternoon down the Kings Head in Bexley on Sunday. Its amazing how you can get away with a dodgy barnet and a denin shirt when you're a millionaire !
  • Sponsored links:

• Nothing wrong with a denim shirt pal!
  • No Hayden Mullins?
  • And I'd love a dodgy hair-do. : (
  • craig mackail~smith to charlton for 1 million and tamer tuna
  • Interestingly, I was outside the Kings Head on my way home at some point over the weekend (!), when someone was talking about "scott parker" being in the village, but I couldn't see him anywhere.

Oh ok, it wasn't that interesting.
  • About time we had our annual linking with Darren Purse isn't it?
  • Looks like we just have ;0)
  •  

Football Rumours again . This one seems possible

06 May 2011 11:04:22

Ross Worner to join Aldershot from next season

The 21 year old Goalkeeper who joined Charlton Athletic who signed from Blue Square South side Woking on a one year deal, has played 10 League and Cup games for the League One side this season, but will move to the League Two side under the stewardship of Dean Holdsworth for the start of the 2011/2012 season.

• Daily Mail have linked us, Brighton and Southampton with Plymouth's Yannick Bolasie.
  • Daily Star have linked us and Palace with Crewe left-back Danny Blanchett
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!